Tim Duncan joins Spurs coaching staff

• https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27239984/duncan-joins-spurs-staff

"It is only fitting, that after I served loyally for 19 years as Tim Duncan’s assistant, that he returns the favor,’’ Popovich said in the release.

"We lived on the beach for a few days and we swam and we talked,’’ Popovich said at Duncan’s retirement ceremony. "From that moment, I knew he was a special individual because he basically talked about everything but basketball. And we’ve been the recipients of that intelligence and that outlook on life since he’s walked in here.’’

• Seems like things are setting up for the Spurs future.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Seems like things are setting up for the Spurs future.

the next Coach? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Heard Dedric is now a Spur. Maybe I can see him if he starts out with Austin Spurs. Per Matt Tait: Undrafted in June after an All-American season at Kansas in 2018-19, Lawson reportedly has agreed to an Exhibit 10 contract with the Spurs. This is different than a two-way deal in which a player splits time between the NBA club and its G League affiliate and, in some ways, is better. Exhibit 10 contracts are basically non-guaranteed, one-year deals worth the league minimum. That number, for a player with 0 years of experience last season was $838,000. Not bad.