Wilson to Kansas



  • @jayballer73 i was afraid if he didn’t sign with us, you were not going to be very happy…glad it came thru …



  • KUSTEVE said:

    @jayballer73 THANK GOD. It’s XMAS in JUNE…ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG< MAN…CONGRATS!!

    Right back at ya Buddy , I mean man you know what? - -this is worth a - - - JUMPIN - - GEE – HOSSA - -FATS lmao - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY





  • KUSTEVE said:

    @jayballer73 i was afraid if he didn’t sign with us, you were not going to be very happy…glad it came thru …

    Lmao - -ya probably would of busted a blood vessel in my KU head. – The wife would of had to head for the hills – ( aka Walmart ) for the afternoon to be safe - -the Dog would of had to run - -the liquor store would of had to re-order - - it would of been Defcon 5 lmao - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    @BShark

    I’m sure we could go through old posts from last spring about us gushing over Wilson at the time.

    While we’re at it we should look at our old posts about Hurt and Stanley.

    I remember my first post here back in April and it said “Every year we have something to worry about and Self some how pulls it off.”



  • Apparently he who must not be named is with us in spirit.

    https://twitter.com/RjHampton14/status/1138883849641967617



  • @KirkIsMyHinrich I mean…yeah…

    Also, this is collllld af

    alt text





  • KirkIsMyHinrich said:

    Apparently he who must not be named is with us in spirit.

    https://twitter.com/RjHampton14/status/1138883849641967617

    What does “no kappppp” mean? Sorry dumb question I know



  • @rockchalkwyo Not a dumb question. I don’t know either.



  • rockchalkwyo said:

    KirkIsMyHinrich said:

    Apparently he who must not be named is with us in spirit.

    https://twitter.com/RjHampton14/status/1138883849641967617

    What does “no kappppp” mean? Sorry dumb question I know

    kap means kidding or joking, so no kap means no kidding, or no joking.



  • @justanotherfan Great. Thank you



  • @KirkIsMyHinrich I’m glad it worked out the way it did. I want those guys at the scrimmage yesterday to go to battle with. And JW and Moss if they’re willing to get into the trenches, and earn time as well. No prima donnas … no unearned spots … just 12 guys playing their ass off, giving it their all every day to get better and better. The lineups are practically endless - the raw talent is truly off the chain. Ochai could make a run at the NBA lottery the way he’s looking. Enaruna, in time, is going to be a beast. We have the players to run a 4 out any time we want. Or we can pack the front line, and play the best muscle ball in the country. We’re as tough as nails. Deep. Experienced. This is national championship caliber, folks.



  • KUSTEVE said:

    @KirkIsMyHinrich I’m glad it worked out the way it did. I want those guys at the scrimmage yesterday to go to battle with. And JW and Moss if they’re willing to get into the trenches, and earn time as well. No prima donnas … no unearned spots … just 12 guys playing their ass off, giving it their all every day to get better and better. The lineups are practically endless - the raw talent is truly off the chain. Ochai could make a run at the NBA lottery the way he’s looking. Enaruna, in time, is going to be a beast. We have the players to run a 4 out any time we want. Or we can pack the front line, and play the best muscle ball in the country. We’re as tough as nails. Deep. Experienced. This is national championship caliber, folks.

    Right on. This roster is a beautiful thing.



  • @HighEliteMajor And…we didn’t have to recruit any of the one year “wonders”…



  • So with Wilson joining the party, does Lightfoot redshirt? I know we said the samething a year ago and Self pretty much confirmed it probably would have happened before SDS was suspended and Doke got hurt. It just hard to see him playing more than 5 or 6 minutes a game.



  • @KUSTEVE Wrong thread my dude.



  • @BShark lol…



  • @BShark I sent you a message about my " big win" on FanDuel…lol. One of my friends couldn’t believe I won that little for finishing first…lol. It was even less than I told you- I won 12.73 x2…lol.



  • Welcome to KU Jalen! You made a good choice. Looking forward to seeing what you and Hudy can do! Let’s puke into a strategically placed bucket and get started!



  • KUSTEVE said:

    @BShark I sent you a message about my " big win" on FanDuel…lol. One of my friends couldn’t believe I won that little for finishing first…lol. It was even less than I told you- I won 12.73 x2…lol.

    Even when you win…you don’t really win. RIGGED.



  • I have to assume Jalen is fully aware of the number one thing that will earn playing time and keep him in a game with our coach…

    (Pleas feel free to fill in the blank )





  • jayballer73 said:

    And yet once again - - Coach Self and Staff - - gets it done, – Same Song umpteeth verse - - once again I’m sweating nuggets for Nothing - -Every year - Coach he not trippin - -he will always in the end have a legit bunch - - Oh yee of little faith - -that be me

    Who else will be willing to step up act lie you got some an say - - ya, I was worried - even if it was a little - -come on now I know I wasn’t the only one - - time to confess lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

    I crapped my pants a couple of times.



  • Marco said:

    jayballer73 said:

    And yet once again - - Coach Self and Staff - - gets it done, – Same Song umpteeth verse - - once again I’m sweating nuggets for Nothing - -Every year - Coach he not trippin - -he will always in the end have a legit bunch - - Oh yee of little faith - -that be me

    Who else will be willing to step up act lie you got some an say - - ya, I was worried - even if it was a little - -come on now I know I wasn’t the only one - - time to confess lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

    I crapped my pants a couple of times.

    LOL - -I’m sure you weren’t the only one if people be straight up honest with ya. – ROCK CHALK ALLD AY LONG BABY



  • alt text



  • @bshark so I guess Bill’s house wasn’t on the market?



  • See where we offered a scholarship to Matthew Hurt’s little brother Joey, a 6’9 soon to be freshman PG at St. Thomas High School in Minnesota (joke).



  • “Oh, hell no!,” you say. “We don’t need to be pro-hurt.”



  • @BShark Dam didn’t think that was ever possible. - -but from the looks of that photo – coach Self’s leg are WHITER then mine - -JUMPIN GEE HOSSIE TOADS - that boy needs some Sun lmao



  • Bosthawk said:

    I have to assume Jalen is fully aware of the number one thing that will earn playing time and keep him in a game with our coach…

    (Pleas feel free to fill in the blank )

    Achieving “pet” status?



  • HighEliteMajor said:

    Bosthawk said:

    I have to assume Jalen is fully aware of the number one thing that will earn playing time and keep him in a game with our coach…

    (Pleas feel free to fill in the blank )

    Achieving “pet” status?

    this is post hall of fame material ladies and gents.



  • HCBS looking trim…



  • @Gorilla72 Yeah, and @jayballer73 said that he has pretty white legs.



  • @HighEliteMajor

    Ha ha ! :)

    No I was thinking of a word that rhymes with “tree fence”



  • Moss and Wilson all in the same week. I’m ecstatic honestly how this all unfolded. Waiting sucks but it was worth it.



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    Moss and Wilson all in the same week. I’m ecstatic honestly how this all unfolded. Waiting sucks but it was worth it.

    It was truly an epic week until the NCAA leak made it a bit of a downer.



  • BShark said:

    BeddieKU23 said:

    Moss and Wilson all in the same week. I’m ecstatic honestly how this all unfolded. Waiting sucks but it was worth it.

    It was truly an epic week until the NCAA leak made it a bit of a downer.

    If Jaybate was here, this would all make sense. Not even a day to celebrate a Top 50 signee followed by lingering doubts of the hammer coming down. I can feel the conspiracy posts now



  • Meh, we take whatever is coming to us. It’s our own fault for switching to Adidas 15 years ago. Sure, the off-brand makes sense financially. But don’t tell me Oreos taste the same as Twist & Shouts.



  • Several things impress me about Jalen. First… his drive. From all the footage I see on him, 90% of the time he’s driving the ball. He should develop into that monster 3 we used to have; a guy that can drive, drive and pull up, or bomb the trey. What a load that takes off our guards when we have a wing guy that actively drives. So glad he has some handles!

    Speaking of handles… it is going to be a blast watching him grow into a uniform along with Tristan. What are we going to do with two guys with size who both have handles? I suspect this opportunity will be seized by Self to develop some new wrinkles in the offense which will include having both of them out there at the same time. Not probably this coming year, but next.

    I do think he will have an adjustment year. So I’m not expecting the impossible out of him as a freshman. But he will be surrounded by great, experienced talent.

    I’m also hoping Silvio, Doke and Big Mac go to work on him… hammering on him. And then there is Hudy. Both Jalen and Tristan will have some growing up necessary. Not even sure either shaves yet!



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    Meh, we take whatever is coming to us. It’s our own fault for switching to Adidas 15 years ago. Sure, the off-brand makes sense financially. But don’t tell me Oreos taste the same as Twist & Shouts.

    Do Oreos taste better than Hydrox?





  • From what I’ve seen on Youtube, Jalen seems to play low to the floor. For being 6-8, supposedly, he definitely doesn’t attack the rim… ever. He’s going to need some training, if one can even be trained to play above the rim. That might be more instinct and not come very easily. When he’s attacking the paint, he tends to go low and try a wild shot off the glass. Against those high schoolers, he should be going up and dunking it. Also, he doesn’t have much elevation on his jumper at all. More of a set shot.

    I don’t see him getting significant minutes this year. He will be too easy to guard and will get his shot blocked at the next level (except for open threes).



  • SlickRockJayhawk said:

    From what I’ve seen on Youtube, Jalen seems to play low to the floor. For being 6-8, supposedly, he definitely doesn’t attack the rim… ever. He’s going to need some training, if one can even be trained to play above the rim. That might be more instinct and not come very easily. When he’s attacking the paint, he tends to go low and try a wild shot off the glass. Against those high schoolers, he should be going up and dunking it. Also, he doesn’t have much elevation on his jumper at all. More of a set shot.

    I don’t see him getting significant minutes this year. He will be too easy to guard and will get his shot blocked at the next level (except for open threes).

    He is definitely in the 6’7-8’’ range. He was recruited as a “big guard” but we know Self will want him to bang a bit with that size. For some guys it works out and they find success under Self like Perry, then it breaks other kids like Bragg. Wilson has good parents and it sure seems like he and his parents are realistic about him as a prospect.

    Significant minutes is kind of vague. I think he will get 10-18 minutes a game depending on the match-up. So I’m not sure where that matches up with what you are thinking. He will be in the rotation, but I don’t think he’s a ride or die, Bill is playing you until you pass out if it’s a must win player his FR year. He will be good in time, he’s a luxury piece for added line-up flexibility this season. I think he can be a ride or die guy by his JR year.



  • @SlickRockJayhawk agree I’m less optimistic than most about Jalen. His shot goes in but is a little funky too I see him only in spot minutes this year 5-10. Unless he’s athletically capable of much more than he has shown.



  • @approxinfinity

    Minutes

    Dot 35

    Garrett 25

    Ochai 27

    Silvio 20

    Doke 28

    Moss 20

    Dave 17

    Wilson 16

    McBride 6

    Mitch or Enaruna 6

    I’ll hang up and listen off the air.

    alt text



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    BShark said:

    BeddieKU23 said:

    Moss and Wilson all in the same week. I’m ecstatic honestly how this all unfolded. Waiting sucks but it was worth it.

    It was truly an epic week until the NCAA leak made it a bit of a downer.

    If Jaybate was here, this would all make sense. Not even a day to celebrate a Top 50 signee followed by lingering doubts of the hammer coming down. I can feel the conspiracy posts now

    what the hell happened to jaybate?



  • First guess without looking at last year’s minutes:

    Dot 31 (we have depth, can preserve him)

    Garrett 26 (Pet. D leader. Good dude. We will beat teams bad enough to let this happen.

    Ochai 25

    Silvio (Doke will need rest and Wilson isn’t ready) 25

    Doke 26 (unless hurt)

    Moss 22

    Dave 17 (unless Doke hurt)

    Wilson 7

    McBride 7

    Mitch 7

    Enanura 3

    Wave The Wheat 1

    Also, I agree more with your numbers in big games. Except Wilson.



  • Not sure if I’ve said this or if anyone listened BUT - -o you know - - I REALLY like McBride lol - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • jayballer73 said:

    Not sure if I’ve said this or if anyone listened BUT - -o you know - - I REALLY like McBride lol - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

    Me too man. I want to see more. Kid reminds me of Frank too the way he high points his J


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.