2019 Transfer List

• Word is Moss wasn’t totally healthy last year which played a part in him regressing some. Had a hip procedure so if he’s healthy he should be better than last year.

• If Moss signs with us, I’m taking full credit for it. All my whining about not offering him appears to have paid off.

• KUSTEVE said:

If Moss signs with us, I’m taking full credit for it. All my whining about not offering him appears to have paid off.

TOUCHE score one for you lol - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 I’ve been trying to do my best to put my best foot forward with the idea that Marcus would be good for us, and we were just going to have to accept we would probably suck at shooting. Getting Moss gives us an experienced weapon that allows us to have a ball handler that can make teams pay for trying to pack it in. IMO, Moss is going to be very important.

• Let’s wait til the ink is dry. Our dreams have been crushed a bit this spring.

• KUSTEVE said:

@jayballer73 I’ve been trying to do my best to put my best foot forward with the idea that Marcus would be good for us, and we were just going to have to accept we would probably suck at shooting. Getting Moss gives us an experienced weapon that allows us to have a ball handler that can make teams pay for trying to pack it in. IMO, Moss is going to be very important.

now let’s just hope for the best. - - I would think we got a decent shot

• Isaiah Moss… 48 3-pointers in 114 attempts. Quentin Grimes … 54 3-pointers in 159 attempts. Any questions?

• Like I said, I’m waiting til they sign, I also got my hopes up for some transfers last year.🙄

• Jordan Brown to Nevada. If you can’t get on the court at Nevada, best to go to the Pac 12.

• Grimes will visit Houston and TAMU.

• KUSTEVE said:

If Moss signs with us, I’m taking full credit for it. All my whining about not offering him appears to have paid off.

I’ll allow it, you did run this bandwagon

• BShark said:

Jordan Brown to Nevada. If you can’t get on the court at Nevada, best to go to the Pac 12.

Where is he going?

• I see its stumpy land for Brown, go figure

• BeddieKU23 said:

I see its stumpy land for Brown, go figure

Oh yeah my bad, thought I mentioned Arizona but I definitely did not. Really weird situation.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

I see its stumpy land for Brown, go figure

Oh yeah my bad, thought I mentioned Arizona but I definitely did not. Really weird situation.

Been a weird kid since his recruitment

• Whoever convinced him to go to Nevada with all those transfers and seniors they had was hell bent on cratering his OAD potential and it happened

• @BeddieKU23 When Jordan Poole ( pretty good player ) was asked who was the toughest player he had to play against in the B10, he answered Isaiah Moss. Now, that quote didn’t surface until after Moss had signed with the Hawgs, so I then figured all the mealy mouthing from Iowa fans saying they “were glad” Moss was gone was Iowa corn fed B.S… Remember, a Hawkeye fan has the same inferiority complex as a Clone fan- they just wear different colors.

• Do we actually have reasonable reasons to believe he will come to KU? Haven’t heard anything other than pundits assuming it. Could be after being forced out at Arkansas that he just returns to Iowa.

Would love to add him, but I don’t think it’s automatic.

• Will be Kansas for Moss

• @BShark Any word on when it’ll be official?

• BShark said:

Do we actually have reasonable reasons to believe he will come to KU? Haven’t heard anything other than pundits assuming it. Could be after being forced out at Arkansas that he just returns to Iowa.

Would love to add him, but I don’t think it’s automatic.

Will be Kansas for Moss

@Bshark What happened in the span of two posts?

• I’ve been hunting down to get a sense of timing and whether or not he’s got any more coursework to do.

• Yep, he’s still got some to do over the summer at Iowa before officially graduating. He may commit soon, but won’t be at KU (or anywhere) until later this summer.

• @BShark I’m not going to spike the ball…not yet…

• JON ROTHSTEIN @JONROTHSTEIN 1H KANSAS TRANSFER QUENTIN GRIMES WILL BE MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT ON HIS PLANS MOVING FORWARD ON FRIDAY, PRE HIS FATHER. HAS RECENTLY VISITED BOTH HOUSTON AND TEXAS A&M

• Fart noises

• Who is this Quentin Grimes? I remember no such player.

• Don’t be dicks about Grimes. He was a bust, but he didn’t do anything to embarrass the school or team beyond not being as good as his ranking.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 who? Still doesn’t ring a bell. TJ Whatley’s mustache had a longer lasting impression. I mean what are the odds I remember Grimes in 30 years?!?

• @dylans Still not a reason to be a dick about him.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

Don’t be dicks about Grimes. He was a bust, but he didn’t do anything to embarrass the school or team beyond not being as good as his ranking.

Thanks guy - -kind of feel the same, no reason to be talking smack about Quentin just because he didn’t pan out

• Wah, wah, wahhhhh

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I think that Dick will be a positive force for us. Grady…

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Yea, you’re the moral compass around here. What a joke.

• @HighEliteMajor The moral compass? And I’m also a dick for criticizing Grimes.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

@dylans Still not a reason to be a dick about him.

Only person calling names here had better look in the mirror.

Q didn’t perform and wussed out. How’s that make anyone a dick for pointing out he made zero impact at KU other than being a contributing reason the streak ended and running from adversity? A regular roll model I suppose.

I hated Dedrick’s time at KU as well. Last years team was wretched to watch. I’m glad the cancer has been cut out.

• To be clear, my quite eloquent post was because at this point I’m not too concerned about where he ends up. Though I guess it bears repeating that I don’t think Houston would be a good fit. It’s not like Sampson is less of a hardass than Self, perhaps moreso even.

• HighEliteMajor said:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Yea, you’re the moral compass around here. What a joke.

happen to agree with Texas. - -why talk crap on the kid just because he didn’t feel better? - make people feel more macho - -more of A MAN ? - - dies it feed into the self ego? - so he didn’t work out – So what? - -shit happens. - never have figured out why people feel the need when someone doesn’t work out or picks another school WHY?

• Let’s have a moment of silence, as we remember Quentin Grimes… Good luck to you, Quentin!

• Trying to think - -I know pretty hard for me right? lol - -anyways what the kids name was we tried getting ended up at I think UNLV? - -Juiston? - - is that right? - -wouldn’t he be a nice fit to end the year with? - -what happened to him?

• I will mention again, when you are picking a school as an athlete, you are picking a coach as much as anything else.

Q was not a good fit at KU. From the beginning of the season, Self had him basically out on the perimeter as a floor spacing shooter. When his shot was falling, that worked well. When it was not, it went poorly.

A couple of stat lines:

38-77, 49% from the field, 6-25, 24% from 3 PT, 3.3/1 Assist to Turnover ratio, 4 rebounds per game

106-276, 38% from the field, 54-159, 34% from 3 PT, 1/1 Assist to Turnover ratio, 2.5 rebounds per game

Those are both Quentin Grimes, both playing under Self. One was with team USA, where Q played on the ball quite a bit. The other is obviously Q playing at KU, where he played exclusively off the ball. You notice right away that at KU, 57% of Q’s shots came from three, while for team USA, only about a third did. Q’s primary role for KU was as a floor spacing shooter. He did okay in that role, but literally every other part of his game suffered as a result. At no point did we see the aggressive Grimes that you saw for Team USA, or in HS.

Self basically used Q as if he were Brannen Greene or Conner Frankamp. There is absolutely NO WAY a player with Grimes’ skillset should have shot more than half his shots on the season from three. That’s part of why KU was so hard to watch last year. The pieces never really fit together. Not enough shooting. Not enough floor spacing. Not enough creativity. I remember a few times early in the season where Q spotted a mismatch and ran into the post, where he called for the ball against a smaller player. That type of play disappeared as the season wore on, even though inverting the offense to let Dedric take a bigger player out to the perimeter where he had a skill advantage, and letting Q post a smaller player, where he had a size advantage was perhaps KU’s best available MUA. We did not see that enough for whatever reason. Either way, it’s water under the bridge now.

I just hope lessons were learned by everyone and that Self in particular has gotten more creative with how he will approach his sets this year with another team that may have some pieces that don’t fit together very cleanly.

• FYI Kerry Blackshear is going to Florida for his last year. Talk about Christmas in June for the Gators. Just changed the entire complexion of their ceiling

• @justanotherfan Moss is a better fit for that spot. It’s his game. I think it will help a lot to have experience on the perimeter. Last year, there were times when we were playing 3 freshmen at the same time on the perimeter.

• @justanotherfan part of that as well is most of those international rosters being worse than most KU opponents. But I agree that A playing out of position hurt his game and the team. Self was rigid again in this instance.

• I have never claimed to be a moral compass, however I will call out someone for being an asshole unnecessarily when I see it happening. I criticized Grimes plenty here because his on court play fell well short of expectations. I don’t have an issue with calling a player out for that. Grimes wasn’t the first player to fall short of expectations and leave and he won’t be the last at KU, he’s just the most high profile player so far to fall I to that category.

Grimes also never got into any off court trouble and never bad mouthed the program during this process. He ended up not being a good fit at KU and moved on, it happens. Grimes situation is identical to Malik Newman’s situation. A 5 star who failed to live up to expectations at his first school, tested the draft waters, ended up transferring and played a very major role in getting KU to the Final Four.

Being a dick about Grimes transferring is something I would expect to see at KUSports or the Phog.

• It could be argued Selby was a higher profile bust.

• jayballer73 said:

HighEliteMajor said:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Yea, you’re the moral compass around here. What a joke.

happen to agree with Texas. - -why talk crap on the kid just because he didn’t feel better? - make people feel more macho - -more of A MAN ? - - dies it feed into the self ego? - so he didn’t work out – So what? - -shit happens. - never have figured out why people feel the need when someone doesn’t work out or picks another school WHY?

We’ll remember this moment when you’re talking c*** on someone, which you, of course, have never done.

I just suggest we not come out and suggest someone is being a “d***” – a term he seems to like to say since he’s now said it like three times in this thread – solely for expressing an opinion that many share (and as @dylans did, with some humor).

Grimes was waste of a scholarship. Waste of time. The entitled prima donna. Glad he’s gone.

I’ve now forgotten who we are talking about.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

I have never claimed to be a moral compass, however I will call out someone for being an asshole unnecessarily when I see it happening. I criticized Grimes plenty here because his on court play fell well short of expectations. I don’t have an issue with calling a player out for that. Grimes wasn’t the first player to fall short of expectations and leave and he won’t be the last at KU, he’s just the most high profile player so far to fall I to that category.

Grimes also never got into any off court trouble and never bad mouthed the program during this process. He ended up not being a good fit at KU and moved on, it happens. Grimes situation is identical to Malik Newman’s situation. A 5 star who failed to live up to expectations at his first school, tested the draft waters, ended up transferring and played a very major role in getting KU to the Final Four.

Being a dick about Grimes transferring is something I would expect to see at KUSports or the Phog.

@Texashawk I would respectfully offer that the post I just cited is quite a different approach, save the last sentence, vs. referring to someone being a d*** as you did twice before.

I would suggest that someone is not being a d*** by offering some humor as some did, nor do I think offering an opinion based on factual observation is “d***” like either.

• @HighEliteMajor I’m sorry, but fart noises and pretending a kid doesn’t exist because Grimes is close to announcing his transfer destination isn’t offering any kind of opinion. It’s being a dick for the sake of being a dick and I’m not apologizing for expressing that viewpoint.

I already said I have no issues with criticizing his on court play because there was plenty to criticize. This situation is no different than the Malik Newman situation. Newman was a top 10 recruit, was played out of position and underachieved, declared for the draft after his freshman season, didn’t get the feedback he wanted, came back to college and transferred elsewhere that he would be a better fit.

Only difference is that KU is on the front end of the situation with Grimes.

Other than not play up to his top 10 ranking, what has Grimes done to deserve people that don’t know him personally talk shit about him?