2019 Transfer List

• FarmerJayhawk said:

They still like their chances with Precious. But I think Walker is more likely.

STILL got to get Kyree to re-classify yet right? - - - Kid is a beast - -they say like no position layer can play so many - yep i’ll take me some please

• Transfer List hitting 850.

Tech out there signing starters. As reported earlier in this thread Virginia Tech transfer Chris Clarke goes to Chris Beard. Sat out last yr after being suspended but averaged 8ppg 6 boards and 3 assists in 2017-2018. Tech has 9 newcomers for next season

• I think Tech will again be a top 15 team. I saw someone said they would be a top 10 team with the additions of Holyfield and Clark. Beard is a transfer magician!

• Woodrow said:

I think Tech will again be a top 15 team. I saw someone said they would be a top 10 team with the additions of Holyfield and Clark. Beard is a transfer magician!

They should be solid. The addition of Clarke is huge for them. TTheir ceiling depends on the developments of borderline 5 star prospect Jahmius Ramsey and the Juco Top 3 forward they signed Khalid Thomas.

• You guys see what you are doing there, right? Talking about how tech is going to only have two grad transfers and a developmental four* and juco yet should still be a top 15, top 10 program next season. Maybe, I don’t know… I sense a lovefest for Coach Beard.

• Marco said:

You guys see what you are doing there, right? Talking about how tech is going to only have two grad transfers and a developmental four* and juco yet should still be a top 15, top 10 program next season. Maybe, I don’t know… I sense a lovefest for Coach Beard.

The proof is in the pudding isn’t it? He took Tech to the Elite 8 and Finals in the last two years. It’s not a lovefest as much as giving the coach respect for what he’s done recently. I expect he takes those transfers and new players and molds his team into a Top 25 program and thorn in KU’s side in the Big-12. We shouldn’t expect anything less after the last two years

• BeddieKU23 said:

Marco said:

You guys see what you are doing there, right? Talking about how tech is going to only have two grad transfers and a developmental four* and juco yet should still be a top 15, top 10 program next season. Maybe, I don’t know… I sense a lovefest for Coach Beard.

The proof is in the pudding isn’t it? He took Tech to the Elite 8 and Finals in the last two years. It’s not a lovefest as much as giving the coach respect for what he’s done recently. I expect he takes those transfers and new players and molds his team into a Top 25 program and thorn in KU’s side in the Big-12. We shouldn’t expect anything less after the last two years

Exactly. I think the last two years Beard has proven he knows how to take a couple grad transfers and plug them into his current roster and make it work. Not a love fest at all just showing and giving respect to a great coach who is only going to get better.

Part of my point was if you had looked at the very early preseason Top 25’s ( I agree they are silly, but fun) Tech was ranked around 20-25 or not even ranked. Now with these two pickups they will be a top 15 team.

• He’s going full on Mark Few but in a Power Conference. It’s impressive as hell.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Marco said:

Been a little chatter about Beard to Michigan? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 One step away from the Big 12, and one step back…

• BeddieKU23 said:

Marco said:

I give him his props, too. I don’t see him being a thorn, though, not this next season for sure.

• @BeddieKU23 Whatever you do, don’t watch the Youtube video of Ramsey taking on Jalen. Ugh…

• KUSTEVE said:

@BeddieKU23 Whatever you do, don’t watch the Youtube video of Ramsey taking on Jalen. Ugh…

I would assume it’s not flattering to Jalen? Ramsey is a pure guard, makes sense he could eat his lunch.

• KUSTEVE said:

@BeddieKU23 Whatever you do, don’t watch the Youtube video of Ramsey taking on Jalen. Ugh…

I have seen it before. Rewatched. Ramsey is a stud. KU never really put any effort in him. He’ll make us pay

Wilson can really shoot it which is what we need of him

• @BShark Ramsey is just a beast.

• @KUSTEVE

There was talk of making him a 5 star prospect this spring

• @BeddieKU23 I believe it. Marcus will get lots of minutes guarding him.

• BeddieKU23 said:

KUSTEVE said:

I have seen it before. Rewatched. Ramsey is a stud. KU never really put any effort in him. He’ll make us pay

Well, in this case there is a good chance he wasn’t interested. The reason KU puts out so many offers in the first place is to try and determine who is really interested.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

KUSTEVE said:

Well, in this case there is a good chance he wasn’t interested. The reason KU puts out so many offers in the first place is to try and determine who is really interested.

Yeah that’s probably true. KU isn’t a juggernaut on the crutin trail right now. Obviously that could change here pretty quick but we’re taking our lumps this cycle

• … and I think Chris Beard is the real deal. Beard, it would seem, would be very attractive to play for. Beard will get a high lottery pick in the draft this season, a kid that wasn’t highly ranked when he came to TTU. This is EXACTLY what the Big 12 needed. And EXACTLY what KU needed.

• Curtis IonlyplaywellagainstKansas Jones is transferring from Oklahoma St. NOT upset about that

• Andrew Slater saying Tech taking the UNLV transfer is likely also to try and get Jon Kuminga.

• BShark said:

Andrew Slater saying Tech taking the UNLV transfer is likely also to try and get Jon Kuminga.

Dam how many spots do they have? - How many players are these guys allowed to carry lmao?

• Tech is full now, kuminga isn’t 2019

• @BShark juice?

• This is probably old news - - saw where Tevin Mack is going to transfer out of Alabama.

Also saw also that Rasir Bolton transferred to Iowa State - - transfer from Penn State

• @jayballer73

No surprise on the first

Iowa St was looking for another scoring guard for this year. Looks like they found him

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

No surprise on the first

Iowa St was looking for another scoring guard for this year. Looks like they found him

would we be interested in Mack at all?

• jayballer73 said:

BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

No surprise on the first

No

• BShark said:

jayballer73 said:

BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

No surprise on the first

No

Good enough , I had heard his name -but not aware of much else on him - - Thanks. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Mack is the headcase that played for Texas, right?

• @dylans yes

• If we wanted a sit-out transfer I’d take a hard look at Arizona’s Devonaire Doutrive!

• Hauser brothers went in different directions. Older bro Sam to Virginia. Younger bro Joey to Michigan St.

• BeddieKU23 said:

If we wanted a sit-out transfer I’d take a hard look at Arizona’s Devonaire Doutrive!

Odd situation. Main Arizona insider is saying it’s not basketball related. He followed up on that with more info but it’s a VIP post on their board so I can’t read that.

He’s a good developmental prospect. I think he’d be a good take.

• Sounds like he failed a couple drug tests. Which if it’s just weed, ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• @FarmerJayhawk Lol yep. If it’s weed that doesn’t change my opinion on wanting him at all.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

If we wanted a sit-out transfer I’d take a hard look at Arizona’s Devonaire Doutrive!

Odd situation. Main Arizona insider is saying it’s not basketball related. He followed up on that with more info but it’s a VIP post on their board so I can’t read that.

He’s a good developmental prospect. I think he’d be a good take.

Thanks for the additional info I didn’t do my homework on him. I do however remember him being an odd choice for Zona and he was recruited over even though the fanbase seemed to like him and was hoping he’d get an expanded role. I have no idea where he might go next but if KU was in the running to fill one of the spots with a transfer we could do much worse.

• Any room for Kerry Blackshear? He pulled out of the draft and is eligible immediately

• Woodrow said:

Any room for Kerry Blackshear? He pulled out of the draft and is eligible immediately

Not a need. Don’t think he’d come here given the big situation.

• @BShark agree. I bet he ends up at A&M with Buzz

• Kentucky the one to watch for Blackshear

• Lol Kentucky and its 16 bigs. Why not add a 17th

• You’d think Duke would want him

• Ryan posted that even if Dot left, Q wasn’t coming back to KS.

@Crimsonorblue22 I know you were wondering.

• @BShark

Certainly a mutual parting. I’m going with Self nudging the door open

• If we need another guard, just saying. https://247sports.com/player/brad-calipari-68271/

• FarmerJayhawk said:

If we need another guard, just saying. https://247sports.com/player/brad-calipari-68271/

ROFLMAO - - as Larry the Cable guy would say - - -I don’t care who you are that’s funny right there lol. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 Vick could be his handler…lol.

• @KUSTEVE Vick is too busy with family matters in Memphis😧