2019 Transfer List

• Well I guess actually Holyfield is on the KU campus today. Has already visited Miami - -and then visited Tech this past weekend. - Still has visits to Oregon & IllInois - maybe we can pull him in. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

Well I guess actually Holyfield is on the KU campus today. Has already visited Miami - -and then visited Tech this past weekend. - Still has visits to Oregon & IllInois - maybe we can pull him in. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Correct. Trying to close on him before visiting those last two would be massive. Don’t want him to make the ILL visit especially if possible.

• TCU has taken 2 sit-out transfers already. Keonte Kennedy of Xavier and Kevin Easley Jr of Chattanooga. Interesting choices

• Kerry Blackshear -"Extremely high basketball IQ, can rebound in his area, has a mean streak and toughness about him.”

This is the only guy I want. Smart and mean. Bring it.

• @nuleafjhawk #1 rated transfer of the 800+. I want him too. Guess who’s ranked #2…Tucker.

• Looks like the Hauser brothers from Marquette are visiting Wisconsin, Virginia, Iowa, and Michigan st.

• Woodrow said:

Looks like the Hauser brothers from Marquette are visiting Wisconsin, Virginia, Iowa, and Michigan st.

They have to sit, but they can really shoot it.

• @dylans He would be fine - as long as he’s 6’10", 250# and has a mean streak…

I REALLY want a “mean streak” guy. Kansas is getting a reputation for being “soft”. It’s true.

Do they keep stats for technicals? I want to lead the country in technicals.

• Transfer List has hit over 700 officially. No end to the madness.

Arizona picks up Kansas St killer Max Hazzard. Have no idea why he went there with Mannion, Josh Green, Williams and more on the roster.

• @nuleafjhawk Soft? Not a long term problem as I recall. 0_1556047443396_1DFA4B8F-608B-4969-9B32-3AAB64DBF1E8.jpeg

• @dylans Maybe it’s just my perception. I want hard nosed, Russ Robinson, Jerod Haase, T-Rob kind of players. Well, they all played their butts off, hard nosed players, but really I’d like a couple of guys that the other team would GULP and maybe pee themselves just a little when they stepped out on the court.

I mean, so maybe they’ve done a little time, maybe they had really, really good lawyers and they have multiple tattoos - - cut that part - - - every player in the NCAA has multiple tattoos (so do i ) - but you know what I mean.

No nonsense, intimidating, DUNKING - instead of layups, swat the ball into the stands (even when it makes more sense to tip it to another player) - guys that just command respect and a little bit of fear.

• @nuleafjhawk I think you’re on to something. A lot of soft layups off the glass. Dedric didn’t bring that attitude. Grimes certainly not. I think Vick and Doke did, and I think Dotson and Agbagi did too. But tough is good. Tarik Black mode. Good dude, but a bad a**.

• Seventh Woods leaving UNC. Big disappointment for them.

Could see Dooley or Martin get him I think he’ll be a solid contributor somewhere.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Seventh Woods leaving UNC. Big disappointment for them.

Could see Dooley or Martin get him I think he’ll be a solid contributor somewhere.

Can’t blame him honestly. He’s been recruited over every year he’s been at UNC. Honestly if he’s a grad transfer I wouldn’t mind taking him just for depth. We really lack ball handlers (among other things) right now.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Can’t blame him honestly. He’s been recruited over every year he’s been at UNC. Honestly if he’s a grad transfer I wouldn’t mind taking him just for depth. We really lack ball handlers (among other things) right now.

Given UNC’s rigorous course work…maybe!

• Makes sense after UNC got 2 Top 100 kids on the perimeter in one day.

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Given UNC’s rigorous course work…maybe!

If it’s not rigorous, that’s news to my students! UNC has done a lot to ensure that doesn’t happen. The university randomly audits courses now to make sure we’re all doing what we’re supposed to. I can’t even let undergrads out of class more than 5 minutes early. If the university found out they could fire me. It’s kind of wild

• @FarmerJayhawk so what’s the inside poop on UNC??? Holding out on us? 😝

• @FarmerJayhawk And that started when?

• @dylans Everyone is trying their damndest to scurry far away from the stench that is rolling in, thus Condi Rice’ recommendations. All will be just fine, the NCAA cannot - though the 2-year ban on De Sousa makes you think that they are - be that stupid.

• This post is deleted!

• dylans said:

@FarmerJayhawk so what’s the inside poop on UNC??? Holding out on us? 😝

Ha! I don’t know much about athletics over here.

@Marco 5 years that I know of. Makes things a paperwork nightmare sometimes.

• @FarmerJayhawk Lol, I understand. I remember, both football and basketball was it not? Fixing grades or the equivalent? Which would have made for many ineligible players, yet no probation.

• RE Jahaad Proctor

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jahaad-proctor-1.html

This will be his third school… Advanced numbers are bad defensively but that can be a total team thing.

• BShark said:

RE Jahaad Proctor

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jahaad-proctor-1.html

This will be his third school… Advanced numbers are bad defensively but that can be a total team thing.

Yeah his D grades to Charlie Moore/Grimes territory for comparison.

Made 54% of his 2’s… Decent assists. Good FT shooter. Average 3 point shooter but his 55 makes would have been 2nd on the team. Decent size. Would take tbh

• https://kckingdom.com/2019/04/18/kansas-basketball-recruiting-4-transfer-portal-players-jayhawks/

What is Jalen Fisher up to? I thought he was done with basketball.

• @BeddieKU23 Yeah we can’t be too picky.

So that’s a fansided article and obviously any of those 4 would be fine but has KU even shown interest in Gilder?

• @BShark First time I’ve seen his name mentioned. I figure he’s not a very likely option similar to most of the names brought up here. Gotta take recruiting news with a grain of salt!

• Marco said:

@FarmerJayhawk Lol, I understand. I remember, both football and basketball was it not? Fixing grades or the equivalent? Which would have made for many ineligible players, yet no probation.

The grades were all legit. The classes themselves… not so much.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Marco said:

@FarmerJayhawk Lol, I understand. I remember, both football and basketball was it not? Fixing grades or the equivalent? Which would have made for many ineligible players, yet no probation.

Once the UNC got to that point of fake classes offered to regular students as well, it crossed the line from an NCAA issue to a Department of Education issue that should have been investigated by the government to determine appropriate punishment and accreditation issues.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Marco said:

Once the UNC got to that point of fake classes offered to regular students as well, it crossed the line from an NCAA issue to a Department of Education issue that should have been investigated by the government to determine appropriate punishment and accreditation issues.

Agree. Thankfully it was contained to a single department. Otherwise it would’ve been much, much worse and probably why the feds were just like meh.

• @FarmerJayhawk Lol… That’s what I meant. Fixing grades or the equivalent.

• TCU took its 3rd sit-out transfer in former Ohio St F Ledee. With Bane & Noi in the draft (for now) that still leaves them 1 scholly short. If they both leave TCU would have a roster consisting of 5 Sophomore’s and 4 Freshman. Dixon has a tough year ahead if that happens

• @BeddieKU23 Dixon will have a tough year regardless of what happens. Then after having the tough year he will have an even tougher one after losing so many players to transfer, and then, and then, and then.

• Marco said:

@BeddieKU23 Dixon will have a tough year regardless of what happens. Then after having the tough year he will have an even tougher one after losing so many players to transfer, and then, and then, and then.

Dixon wears players out like Bill but lacks the same recruiting chops. He’s a good coach but will likely never win the league or make the FF due to this.

• BShark said:

Marco said:

@BeddieKU23 Dixon will have a tough year regardless of what happens. Then after having the tough year he will have an even tougher one after losing so many players to transfer, and then, and then, and then.

Dixon wears players out like Bill but lacks the same recruiting chops. He’s a good coach but will likely never win the league or make the FF due to this.

I’ve always liked Jamie Dixon - thought he was good for the league whenhe came - -still think he is good. - Think he got screwed Pitt but your right I don’t think he will ever take this league

• BShark said:

Marco said:

The attrition of his roster by the end of first semester was impressive. I thought KU had it bad

• Marco said:

If his two upperclassmen return they will be okay still. The attrition from this year is definitely going to hit him at some point. He’s trying to close the bleeding taking 3 transfers to plug in after next year.

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

Marco said:

The attrition of his roster by the end of first semester was impressive. I thought KU had it bad

Self honestly hasn’t had a huge purge like the end of this year in awhile. In terms of players transferring out anyway.

• Rumor Admon Gilder (A&M grad transfer) visiting early next week…

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Rumor Admon Gilder (A&M grad transfer) visiting early next week…

Interesting. Mentioned him earlier as a guy I’d be interested in. Does this mean we are out on someone else?

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Interesting. Mentioned him earlier as a guy I’d be interested in. Does this mean we are out on someone else?

Not at all. Just keep bringing in guys until someone wants to be a Jayhawk. Just covering bases. I’m a big fan of his game too. Bill will adore his defense.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Not at all. Just keep bringing in guys until someone wants to be a Jayhawk. Just covering bases. I’m a big fan of his game too. Bill will adore his defense.

What position did he play? - - Stats?

• @jayballer73 off guard. 6’4, 200, 40% from 3, 80% from the line. Really good defender. https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/admon-gilder-1.html

• North Carolina just took another grad transfer. Justin Pierce from William and Mary. This is the third transfer they have taken.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

@jayballer73 off guard. 6’4, 200, 40% from 3, 80% from the line. Really good defender. https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/admon-gilder-1.html

For sure sounds like worth a look. Like you say just keep bringing them in till we get our needs - it’s not like we are without options for sure now. – Having said that though I still think it’s kinda of a 1st come - -1st served type of scenario, we have options BUT if those options are exercised wrong - -THEN we might be screwed. - What I guess I’m trying to say is - -even though we now have some options - -IF came down say between what If - - Holyfield wanted to commit - but we were a little hesistant to see if Silvio got his ruling overturned - -so Holyfield goes else where and then Silvio’s ruling got unchanged – - - Or what if Kyree wanted to Commit - -but we wanted to wait and see where RJ ended up deciding to go? – Or what if Tucker wants to commit - -just kind of feel like even though we have options - - Think it might need to be whoever commits 1st - - whatcha think? - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Woodrow said:

North Carolina just took another grad transfer. Justin Pierce from William and Mary. This is the third transfer they have taken.

who was the other?

Pierce and Keeling right?