KU is officially being investigated

• As well as the football program.

• Maybe they can find out who owns Billy Preston’s car while they are in town

• And this is a surprise how? - Thanks Beaty - - Man makes you wonder , now we got a good Coach and he has to go up against this in recruiting - – this poor program can’t catch a break - - 1st a really bad coach - -and then we get a decent Coach things possibly looking up nd BAM now he has to face this - -gonna make it really hard for 2020 recruiting

• BeddieKU23 said:

Maybe they can find out who owns Billy Preston’s car while they are in town

We already found out it was his Grandmother

• I still shake my head at an AD’s contract that benefits the AD if we go on probation. Like paying a coach more to lose.

Remember the Oceans 13 movie … where they made life miserable for the Diamond club guy? Maybe we could do the same for the NCAA guy.

• Guess it could be worse… at least at this time I don’t believe the feds are preparing a case against anyone at Kansas… like they appear to be doing in Arizona. Where is the NCAA on that?

It all reminds me of the sitcom Reno 911… where the FBI came in and used the local police to “guard the perimeter.” We all know which authority I am putting in the Reno 911 role…

• @jayhawkcsg Seems legit. LOL

• big poo nation.

https://i.imgur.com/dedUb9m.gif?1

• No evidence! Just hearsay? Who are these idiots?

• @jayhawkcsg

"There is no evidence that this has happened, and it’s all just hearsay at the moment. "

Am I mistaken… but doesn’t this say, “this is all bullsnit, but what the hay!?”

• Nicole player told her son to lie to coaches? Bs

• Kentucky site writing about KU corruption. Ooooookay.

• I smell BS until Duke gets pulled down into the mud. If I’m not mistaken, Zion chose Duke.

BTW, I heard a rumor that Zion will receive the largest contract every received by any sports player in any sport… of all time! His most valuable sports moment (meaning… financially) will be his shoe blowout at Duke. Could it be that he receives a deal for a billion dollars? It’s a lifetime contract.

Just imagine… can anyone afford to mess with Zion? The NCAA? Fat chance… I bet he will end up owning his favorite NBA team within 5 years…

Excuse me while I upchuck…

• No news in Dodd’s piece other than KU has appealed the NCAA’s decision on Silvio. If that’s what he actually meant. Knowing most sports journos there’s no use for nuance or even making sure basic facts are correct.

• Yea, just saw the link, thought i’d pass it along for your ya’ll’s entertainment…

• Jerry Meyer has lost all credibility

• What a joke, KU football is being investigated in football for a staff violation that probably results in nothing and they really dont have much on Self himself. The main stream media is doing all they can for Nike.

• Nothing new on the bb news

• @BShark

Finally caught the tater

• I posted the direct link to the 24/7 story earlier, that quoted Jerry Meyer. Remember, he’s just saying what is being said on the recruiting trail by others. What is being said to hurt KU. It gives an indication of how this entire deal is hurting our recruiting. Myth and the unknown can be enough to cause a recruit to simply make a different choice. Why risk it if you are a top guy? It’s just how it is.

And it’s part of the reason why I continue to be concerned about the future of our head coach. I know I’ve been on that for quite a while. But this garbage is why coaches leave. And if there is fire where there is smoke, it’s why they get asked to leave.

• @HighEliteMajor

My rebuttal to Jerry is this.

Since the trial finished, KU has had 3 Top 10 players on campus for official visits. Are recruits that “scared”. I’d expect they wouldn’t visit at all if they were.

• JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

BeddieKU23 said:

Maybe they can find out who owns Billy Preston’s car while they are in town

We already found out it was his Grandmother

It was sarcasm

• @BeddieKU23 I think all Meyer is doing is reiterating what he’s heard. I’m not really defending the guy, but that’s how I took it. I think the proof on this will be in the pudding. If we sign some top guys, or even one this spring, it will be some ammo against that narrative. I wish I were optimistic on this. I’m not.

• HighEliteMajor said:

@BeddieKU23 I think all Meyer is doing is reiterating what he’s heard. I’m not really defending the guy, but that’s how I took it. I think the proof on this will be in the pudding. If we sign some top guys, or even one this spring, it will be some ammo against that narrative. I wish I were optimistic on this. I’m not.

I’m not optimistic we sign anyone that’s a household name right now. But Will Wade, Josh Pastner, Sean Miller etc etc being headlines can’t hurt keep some of the stench away from KU. At the end of the day KU is still a Top 5 brand with a HOF coach and starting spots to sell, likely, at least 1 position. Too big to fall imo at this present moment. Unless the NCAA makes quick work of some decision which I don’t see happening KU will have every opportunity to fill the roster because kids will have to make decisions.

As far as Jerry I think its a poor way to come out of his cave for the winter to create headlines. None of this is new to any KU fan that’s paid half attention to anything. Recruiting took a hit. I guess beating a dead horse for these people is fun

• I would not be surprised if Kurtis Townsend is let go after this year. Especially if Danny Manning is available which seems likely at this point.

• @BeddieKU23 - Well, you’re right. It was a poor way to grab some news. Got our attention.

@Texas-Hawk-10 I wouldn’t be surprised by anything with this stuff. If we let KT go, will he squeal? A careful bit of handling there seems prudent. Heck, even if KT was rogue and Self didn’t know, when folks are losing jobs and money and their profession, it wouldn’t be past someone to fib a bit. This would stack onto the issues that concern me regarding why Self might bolt. That way, his staff leaving would be a natural consequence, vs. isolating someone in an obvious manner.

• I don’t understand why people think Danny wants to come back and be a assistant coach. He can get a job at a lesser school and try to rebuild his resume. There is no reason for him to come back and be a assistant. Plus we need assistant coaches that can recruit.

• It is my opinion that the current “stink” at Kansas actually locks Self to Kansas. Not necessarily the other way around.

If Bill wanted to leave, where would he go? He’s currently “marked” under this NCAA/FBI investigation. Who wants to hire his “baggage?” I seriously doubt D1 schools or the SA Spurs.

Bill needs to wait it out, clean up the image…

The Jayhawk Nation is nervous. I say… just look at Syracuse. Look at UNC. These schools just went through a fed investigation and NCAA probes. Yesterday, I watched a table conversation with Roy, Jim and Coach K. They aren’t going anywhere. Money rules everything.

Who sang, “Give the people what they want?” The Kinks?

• Woodrow said:

I don’t understand why people think Danny wants to come back and be a assistant coach. He can get a job at a lesser school and try to rebuild his resume. There is no reason for him to come back and be a assistant. Plus we need assistant coaches that can recruit.

I don’t think even smaller schools will be looking at Danny right now. An assistant or broadcaster gig are most likely his next step if he’s fired after this season.

Coming back to Kansas if there’s an opening, also seems possible at this point to create some breathing room with the NCAA, is a very plausible scenario. Danny now has connections he didn’t have his first go around as an assistant coach.

• Woodrow said:

I don’t understand why people think Danny wants to come back and be a assistant coach. He can get a job at a lesser school and try to rebuild his resume. There is no reason for him to come back and be a assistant. Plus we need assistant coaches that can recruit.

Manning can recruit.

John Collins, Chaundee Brown (who he beat Self for), Jaylen Hoard 5* Prospect + others. Wake Forest is a tough place to recruit against those ACC and SEC schools especially with their academic profile.

I do agree that I don’t think he’s headed back to being an assistant. We’ll see how it plays out if he is let go. He might not have any good options and coming back to KU, if a spot was open could be a good gig

• @HighEliteMajor I don’t see KT talking if he’s let go because that would essentially black ball him from coaching if he did that.

The only way KT turns on Self is if it’s in a federal courtroom under oath as part of the FBI investigation. He won’t turn on Self if it’s just the NCAA because the NCAA doesn’t have the power an authority the FBI does.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 That’s a fair point … I don’t know KT’s contract status, whether it’s multi-year. But if he’s got a decent sum riding on a “for cause” firing, birds of sung loudly to get paid. Losing contractual money due is why I think it’s something to consider, not the NCAA applying pressure. But now that you say that, the NCAA can cut deals like everyone else – tell us what you know and we’ll be easy on you (the show cause stuff that gets folks banned). Spit ballin’ on possibilities. But loyal guys stay loyal. And the counter point is that loyal guys have stayed loyal 'till death before. KT may be that guy.

• If Townsend walks away it’ll be a mutual parting. He and Self have way too much respect for each other for it to end poorly. Also keep in mind he’s about 60 and has kids at home. He may want to spend less time on the road.