Kansas City - Can KU beat Tech and K State in KC?

• @wissox We will see. Depends on what I wear between now and the first week of April… Bound to be something tasty up there I am sure!

0_1552528036603_cowboyhat.jpg

• Bill’s assessment of his team right now. Not the most confident maybe just the realistic answer at this point.

Self’s full comment on the way his team is playing right now, mentioned at the end of the story:

Self: “Well you know we had one good game last week and one poor game, so. Our last game was better. We missed a lot of shots, but it was better. And we practiced fairly well this week. So I think we’re playing fine. I’m not going to say I believe yet that we’re hitting our peak form right now, although that’s what every coach hopes their team does, but that remains to be seen. But I think we’re playing pretty well.”

• This is the time of year where I obsess over Bracketology. We have been spoiled recently bring locks for 1 and 2 seeds. What do you guys think? Do we need to win the entire Big 12 tourney to move up to the 3 line? A win over Tech would go a long way. KU currently has the #1 SOS in the entire country. Hopefully that helps our case. 3 seeds get to avoid the 1 in the Sweet 16 on paper, which is simply a more favorable path.

• @joeloveshawks

If KU wins the Big-12 tournament they will be a #3 seed. I believe our bracket average is hovering in the high 3’s. If they win tonight and beat Tech in the Semi’s I can see KU being the last 3 seed regardless of winning Saturday. I don’t see anyway they fall below a 4, or at least that seems to be what I’ve seen. If they lose to Texas they are a 4 seed.

• @BeddieKU23 KU could easily slip to a 5 seed if they lose to Texas today. Other teams in the 4-6 range still have to make a run in their tournaments which I think some can do to drop KU, but it’s definitely not out of the question at this point that KU couldn’t drop to a 5 with a loss today.

I would agree that with a win today, KU locks themselves into a 3-4 seed depending on how they do tge rest of the B12 tournament, but I don’t see how they’re locked into a 4 seed at worst at this point.

Teams that I think could bump KU down are teams like VTech, Maryland, Miss. St., Villanova, Marquette, and Auburn. We don’t which 4 seed KU is at this point so Wisconsin, KSU, and FSU could also impact KU.

• As long as we don’t fall to a #6 seed. There is no way possible in the universe that a team could win the National Championship going into the tournament as a #6 seed.

• nuleafjhawk said:

As long as we don’t fall to a #6 seed. There is no way possible in the universe that a team could win the National Championship going into the tournament as a #6 seed.

Man, I agree. Simply impossible. How could such a thing every occur.

• Heard konate’s been cleared to play tonite.🤔 really!

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

Heard konate’s been cleared to play tonite.🤔 really!

dang - are you playing around or are you serious ? lol

• @jayballer73

He’s a game-time decision. Didn’t think he was coming back. Won’t matter anyway its their last game of the season

• Ya never know! He could kill a few TT players.

• Lol If this holds up maybe it should read, can KU beat all of Big12 Texas?

• TCU choked away a 13 point first half lead against KSU, up 2 at the break. Man they get silly with leads, blew a 21 point lead last night.

• TCU is done

• Ku only a 2.5 point favorite. Even Vegas knows what’s up

• @BeddieKU23 Yep they just look dead now

• TCU had every chance, that late 3 by Sneed sealed the deal. The more I watch this conference the more I think they won’t make it outta the first weekend.

• @HighEliteMajor I think to win a NC as a 6th seed you have to have the best player in the country. But that 's just speculation…

• @kjayhawks Tech can get to another Elite 8 this year. They’re the best all around team the B12 has. They’re very good on defense and Culver is a star that can carry a team.

• Iowa St crushed Faylor. No surprise

• @kjayhawks I agree KState looked bad in that game vs. TCU. They’ve looked bad all year, tbh, but drag people down to their level and beat them with experience.

Tech and KU ought to be able to at least win a first round game. I’m sure not picking Kstate to win anything. When they inevitably finally sh*t the bed it’s going to be epic.

• Also, I think the big 12 isn’t as bad overall as it looks. At this point in the season, I suspect we’re just really sick of watching these teams.

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

Ya never know! He could kill a few TT players.

Lol

• Here is the deal. - IF Las Vegas had a betting line on this for tonight. The easiest money a person could ever make - Safest bet a person could ever make? - -That would be that KU will be playing Against THE ENTIRE BIG 12 fan base tonight at the Sprint Center.

You can take it to the Bank every single fan that’s in the Sprint other then KU fans will be pulling for Texas. - -Tech fans - - Wildcat Fans - - WV Fans - - Iowa St fans - -EVERYBODY - -dam I wish there was a line on this - -would love to make me a few thousand. - W fall behind – Texas make some kind of run - - the Sprint Center gonna go nuts rooting for Texas -Anyone doubt that? - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

I guess it’s a good thing we have 9 fan bases wishing they could be KU… embrace the jealousy

• @Crimsonorblue22

He would try and kill de sousa if he could

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

I guess it’s a good thing we have 9 fan bases wishing they could be KU… embrace the jealousy

Exactly - -that’s why when we played Okla - -the guy said every school had calling them an saying they would be rooting for Oklahoma that night - -you know what they say - - -Success brings Envy - -let them waller now cause good luck later

I would be willing to say that - -IF Texas and TCU get in the tourney - - both will lose their 1st game - -chances are Baylor very well can get beat in their 1st game - - I’ll still take our chance making it out if the 1st weekend.- ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Konate suited up? Missed first part

• Mercy I mean I know there is so long to go - -BUT can you believe the beatdown WV is putting on Tech right now -28-11

• WV just has been looking so much better - their defense is really improving. - -Keep waiting for Tech to turn it up - -but in reality they are really forcing things right now – I know Beard is heated

• @jayballer73 I hope it continues… While recognizing that we have to take care of business first…not having to face Tech would be a break. ISU looked good…KSU better look out.

• Hawk8086 said:

@jayballer73 I hope it continues… While recognizing that we have to take care of business first…not having to face Tech would be a break. ISU looked good…KSU better look out.

Long - Long way to go - - and your right - -we ( KU ) just better worry about OUR game. - -I look for Tec to come out a totally different team in the 2nd hal - -got a feel their defense will be stifling v- I’m sure Beard is gonna be all up in their britches.

Huggy Bear brought them to play - - not just lay down. These kids he has - I think they are going pretty decent next year. - The Culver kid for them is a stud - McCabe -pretty decent - -Mathews going to be good. It was good for West Virginia to take that hit - -and at least punch back with a 5-0 run to end the half. – Long way to go. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• WVU up by a touchdown and two field goals

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

We need a chip.

I remember, back in the 70’s, playing for a tournament team that traveled in the Midwest. We were hated everywhere. We were in a championship game with a local team that had recruited in some ringer talent, so we were up for a real fight.

Before the game, one of the fans attempted to spit on one of our players and landed a big luggy on his shoe. He brought it into our team huddle, and everyone looked down at that hawker on his shoe.

We clobbered that team by 40 points. We were out for blood and we could have taken down anyone that night.

I’m back… wanting to see a chip. Heck… this team should go win us a National Championship after losing our streak… just to forget the streak!

RCJH!

• Refs in the WVU - Tech game are horrible

• Well…might not have to worry about Tech…

• @BShark this score is insane. Does Tech feel they have nothing to prove?

• @Texas-Hawk-10 If you’re watching WVU kick their butts right now, you see my point. Tech is terrible offensively for 2 or 3 games at a time. If they face a team that can shoot the trey and they aren’t hitting, they are done. Only time all year they looked good on offense was vs us and that apparently was dumb luck.

• McCabe was just tackled

• Huggy Bear is about to explode.

• Don’t blame him

• Lol Texas Tech, bubble burst

• Wow this game is insane, WVU got a and one to go up 4 with 26 ticks left. Then gave up an and one to Culver on the other end.

• Looks like WVU will hold on, what a game, I watched every B12 game today and WVU looked like the best team this far for all but about 4 minutes. 79-74 final.

• Thing is WV control that game almost from tip to finish- -crazy. -Big win for WV - yet we got to be focused on our game. - -West Virginia- -just blistered Tech on the boards - -DESTROYED them - we have to take care of business - or Texas will whip our ass - -keep Jackson-Hayes under control – don’t let Roach go off - got work to do

• Ok now we REALLY can’t afford to lose to Shaka

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Ok now we REALLY can’t afford to lose to Shaka

I really don’t like the match up though. They have the guys to throw at Dedric down low.

• If West Virginia plays like they did today against Kansas (if Kansas wins - big if) then I don’t like our chances. They are going to kill us on the glass.

• But is Zion Williams playing tonight somewhere?

• I doubt Mathews Jr. for WVU is going to have two games like that in a row. They needed every one of his buckets, and some of them were lucky as hell. He’s a gamer though.

First things first