Kansas City - Can KU beat Tech and K State in KC?

• @Woodrow did something happen since last night? I know Weber said it was nice he could practice and get his rhythm back🤔

• Weber probably should have sat him for the last month and he could be in trouble for the NCAA tournament

• Beat Texas first, worry about Tech/WVU/OU after Thursday night.

• Sadly i don’t think any of us have this team figured out this year to predict wins/losses. Well, i take that back. We CAN predict road games fairly accurately. Freaking mystery. Youth+new teammates=who the eff knows

Teams we sneak by or lose to, other teams have stomped. If the freshmen are on, then we have a good chance. If Dedric decides to play in the first half, then we have a good chance.

Losing to Shaka would piss me off.

• @jayhawkcsg

Our one game in the Sprint Center this year wasn’t pretty.

Would be nice to see them come out ready to go. The start of games have set the tone in a lot of games this year.

• Nobody left from last year except Mitch.

What a team. I always thought that Silvio would be the star this year.

Svi

Malik

Devonte

Svi

Desousa

• @wrwlumpy

The entire Big-12 is happy De Sousa didn’t get to play. I still stand by my thoughts that he was the difference maker to this years squad.

• wrwlumpy said:

Nobody left from last year except Mitch.

What a team. I always thought that Silvio would be the star this year.

Svi

Malik

Devonte

Svi

Desousa

Garrett did play an increasingly important role as the year went on last season.

• Luckily we only lost Svi once. But you can add Dok and Newman to that list…and Vick.

• That squad last year had ice water in their veins. You forget until you watch it again. Svi, DG and end of the year Newman were unflappable.

• @Kcmatt7

Which is completely different from this squad. We all pray the mindset of these guys takes a leap forward this week and next. This would be the perfect opportunity for Dedric and Devon to shine as leaders.

• BeddieKU23 said:

@Kcmatt7

Which is completely different from this squad. We all pray the mindset of these guys takes a leap forward this week and next. This would be the perfect opportunity for Dedric and Devon to shine as leaders.

This is the most fragile group Self has had that I can remember.

• Woodrow said:

BeddieKU23 said:

@Kcmatt7

This is the most fragile group Self has had that I can remember.

Yes they are fragile. Self will do his part to prepare them. I’ll hold my head high on this bunch if the season ends with them playing their hearts out. I’d hate to see the season end like some of our recent road games have. That will only fuel speculation and ridiculous fan and media articles. This year definitely has a different feel to it then a lot of seasons we’ve been used to

• @BeddieKU23 I’d say this team is very comparable to the 2014 or 2015 teams. They were young and really hadn’t figured out the type of energy that must be brought to the court every night at this level to win. I’d say those teams had more talent than this one but all seem to be very fragile. The only other team would be the 2005 team that Self lost but those guys were all juniors and Seniors outside of J.R.

• @kjayhawks If that ‘05 team hadn’t been so butt hurt about Roy leaving and would’ve bought in early, it could’ve been a championship year. Should’ve been a final four year.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda…didn’t.

• @dylans definitely true after reading the books “beyond the streak” and “beyond the phog”, and seeing what the guys on that team had to say. There is no question he lost that team. I think Wayne and Aaron like Self now but didn’t then.

• Forgot what a competitive game that was until about 5m 30s left. We were hanging on for dear life for 35 min and then broke free.

• was just listening to old squeaky on the local sports show. - -didn’t know this but I guess the injury with Wade - -not even the same foot – it’s his OTHER foot this time - -said various injuries with it - -lots of discomfort Saturday night even more on Sunday.

Sounds like Jada - -or however you spell it - -sounds like quite possible hey is playing this weekend. - -Been shooting for two weeks just as long as it doesn’t get jammedtagain

• just reading off CBS sports - -their so called experts making their picks for Conference tourney champions - - -Three of these guys had Texas Tech - -the Two others had KU - - - - - Zero for K-State picks.

I know will be a lot of laughs - -But I m actually picking our boys to win the Tourney too - - that’s my pick - - Were not playing in Lubbock -We not playing in Manhattan - -on a Neutral court or so called Neutral court - I’ just feeling it - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Coincidence I think not. Kerwin Roach will play Thursday against KU after serving a 5 game suspension. How fortuitous

• No one would be surprised if we laid an egg against Texas, and got bumped by a Vermont, or a similar team, in the first round. And no one would be surprised if we won the conference tourney and got to the Sweet 16. All in the reasonable range of possibility for this team. Let’s play as many games as we can.

• @HighEliteMajor

We already beat Vermont this year but it wasn’t pretty. UVM has to worry about losing to UMBC for a 4th straight on Saturday.

I did get your point though this team could win 6 or more in a row or lose two straight.

• @jayballer73 I’ll eat my hat if we win the tournament. But you do know when you say “so called experts” picking Texas Tech or us it sounds like you’re being sarcastic. So called genius’s sounds like you think they should have picked someone else?

• I think we can beat any team we hit the floor against, doesn’t mean I expect it or will predict it but we always have a chance IMO. In terms of the B12 tournament, I’d probably like to win it more this year than in years past to be like FU, ya’ll got lucky lol. That being said I want to ether lose first game out and go rest or win the whole thing, that how I’ve always felt about it.

• @BeddieKU23 Right … we’re missing 55 points from that one. Udoka scored 23, Vick 32. That was Vick’s psycho game. I think we’re better that Vermont, of course, but one of those teams that could bite us I think.

• wissox said:

@jayballer73 I’ll eat my hat if we win the tournament. But you do know when you say “so called experts” picking Texas Tech or us it sounds like you’re being sarcastic. So called genius’s sounds like you think they should have picked someone else?

Well Good - - cause I am being sarcastic - -that’s exactly how I wanted it to sound - -Half these guys have really no better idea in reality then you or I ya ya I don’t wanna hear the lame excuse well they watch these kids all the time - - to that I say AND? - -it’s all boils down to the shot her - -the shot there - - rebound here = rebound there = = a critical foul call here - -a critical, foul call there - it all boils down on who is playing better THAT DAY. - you know - - I know that not all time does the better team of the season win

Ya it would probably be better possibly to change the phrase some - -bottom line is - I think we step up and win this thing – K-State took a major blow losing Wade. - It just kills me to hear Weber talk about how proud he is - -his team over came so much adversity - -OMFG -you tell me what team in our league DIDN’T go through some major adversity this year? - - you want Adversity - -no body touching the adversity that WV went through this season - -what about TCU losing Fisher for the season? and they lost another major piece right? - -Texas losing Roach for a stretch – then you have KU - - No Doke for 3/4 of the year - -Losing Silvio - - -Vick leaving - -Garrett being hurt for a stretch - -Hell adversity? - -aversity - - almost 3/4 of the league has faced adversity this year - - but yet Squeaky makes it sound like his team is the only team that faced adversity this yea - -get that shit out of here - -pssssst aversity

Texas Tech - -major props to Tech and I think yes they will chances more then to advance farther then any other from the Big 12 - -but again - were not playing this game in Lubbock - -I’m not going for Tech is going to play like they did in Lubbock - -that was a special night EVERYTHIING was going for them that night -more often then not – that type of play is not going to happen for them again for more of a road game for them then not - -true it’s not a home game for KU - - true we haven’t played outstanding at Kemper - -BUT I’ll take my chances in Kemper a lot better thanks. -

Can I be wrong? - - Hell ya - -BUT I could be right too - we shall see - -If I’m wrong – I’m wrong - won’t be the 1st time - - won’t be the last - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• kjayhawks said:

I think we can beat any team we hit the floor against, doesn’t mean I expect it or will predict it but we always have a chance IMO. In terms of the B12 tournament, I’d probably like to win it more this year than in years past to be like FU, ya’ll got lucky lol. That being said I want to ether lose first game out and go rest or win the whole thing, that how I’ve always felt about it.

Stop and look at it this way bud - - -as bad as we played on the road this year - - losing or not having available players for the year - everything we went though even with all the distractions – injuries - -we were STILL there - - we were STILL right there - - for these other sad shits - thumping their chest - -they better be glad they got it this year - -the sun has to even shine on a dog’s ass sometime - -hope they don’t think this is going to become a regular thing lol - -even as bad as we were this year we were STILL RIGHT THERE. - -like you said we can beat any one of these teams – Tech and K-Straight included and ol Squeaky - we play like we capable of -w handle it loose turn the ball over then ya we can lose to anyone including WV - - I’ll take my chances

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I was Thinking of the starters at the end. Garrett could be the best if he worked on his shot. Some teams don’t even guard him on the three line.

• @wissox I get to pick the hat!

• @HighEliteMajor

Yeah I agree they are not a team we’d want to see in the tournament. I think since we played them already they wouldn’t pair us together again (if they win Saturday) but who knows. Everything is on the table right now depending on how the Big-12 tourney goes. We are not getting any favors this year. A Big-12 tourney championship likely gets this team a 3 seed and at least 1 game close to home. An early exit probably leaves us on the road. I have no idea which path would be better. We’ll find out Sunday

• Can KU beat Tech and K State in KC?

So, sometimes I’m a little slow to the party. It just dawned on me that I really read a statement asking if KANSAS can beat Texas Tech and K-State. What the what??? What in the wide, wide world of sports is a goin on here?

• nuleafjhawk said:

Can KU beat Tech and K State in KC?

So, sometimes I’m a little slow to the party. It just dawned on me that I really read a statement asking if KANSAS can beat Texas Tech and K-State. What the what??? What in the wide, wide world of sports is a goin on here?

It’s ok bud -there are some here that think we can’t - - - I know lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @nuleafjhawk Can beat and will beat are two very different things. KU can absolutely beat both teams as evidenced by the AFH games against each team.

Will KU beat either team is a very different question with a potentially very different answer.

• @mayjay Hopefully it has some chocolate in it!

• @kjayhawks I agree. I would really like to win the B12 tourney this time. Would give us some level of redemption.

• @wissox We will see. Depends on what I wear between now and the first week of April… Bound to be something tasty up there I am sure!

0_1552528036603_cowboyhat.jpg

• Bill’s assessment of his team right now. Not the most confident maybe just the realistic answer at this point.

Self’s full comment on the way his team is playing right now, mentioned at the end of the story:

Self: “Well you know we had one good game last week and one poor game, so. Our last game was better. We missed a lot of shots, but it was better. And we practiced fairly well this week. So I think we’re playing fine. I’m not going to say I believe yet that we’re hitting our peak form right now, although that’s what every coach hopes their team does, but that remains to be seen. But I think we’re playing pretty well.”

• This is the time of year where I obsess over Bracketology. We have been spoiled recently bring locks for 1 and 2 seeds. What do you guys think? Do we need to win the entire Big 12 tourney to move up to the 3 line? A win over Tech would go a long way. KU currently has the #1 SOS in the entire country. Hopefully that helps our case. 3 seeds get to avoid the 1 in the Sweet 16 on paper, which is simply a more favorable path.

• @joeloveshawks

If KU wins the Big-12 tournament they will be a #3 seed. I believe our bracket average is hovering in the high 3’s. If they win tonight and beat Tech in the Semi’s I can see KU being the last 3 seed regardless of winning Saturday. I don’t see anyway they fall below a 4, or at least that seems to be what I’ve seen. If they lose to Texas they are a 4 seed.

• @BeddieKU23 KU could easily slip to a 5 seed if they lose to Texas today. Other teams in the 4-6 range still have to make a run in their tournaments which I think some can do to drop KU, but it’s definitely not out of the question at this point that KU couldn’t drop to a 5 with a loss today.

I would agree that with a win today, KU locks themselves into a 3-4 seed depending on how they do tge rest of the B12 tournament, but I don’t see how they’re locked into a 4 seed at worst at this point.

Teams that I think could bump KU down are teams like VTech, Maryland, Miss. St., Villanova, Marquette, and Auburn. We don’t which 4 seed KU is at this point so Wisconsin, KSU, and FSU could also impact KU.

• As long as we don’t fall to a #6 seed. There is no way possible in the universe that a team could win the National Championship going into the tournament as a #6 seed.

• nuleafjhawk said:

As long as we don’t fall to a #6 seed. There is no way possible in the universe that a team could win the National Championship going into the tournament as a #6 seed.

Man, I agree. Simply impossible. How could such a thing every occur.

• Heard konate’s been cleared to play tonite.🤔 really!

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

Heard konate’s been cleared to play tonite.🤔 really!

dang - are you playing around or are you serious ? lol

• @jayballer73

He’s a game-time decision. Didn’t think he was coming back. Won’t matter anyway its their last game of the season

• Ya never know! He could kill a few TT players.

• Lol If this holds up maybe it should read, can KU beat all of Big12 Texas?

• TCU choked away a 13 point first half lead against KSU, up 2 at the break. Man they get silly with leads, blew a 21 point lead last night.

• TCU is done

• Ku only a 2.5 point favorite. Even Vegas knows what’s up