2020 Football Recruiting

• Huge visiting weekend coming. Clayton will be in town for the CU basketball game. Plus I believe these large humans are visiting https://247sports.com/player/armaj-adams-reed-46081126 https://247sports.com/player/josh-remetich-46059167

• @FarmerJayhawk There are still people who believe we can get Clayton to flip on his visit this weekend. – I think this will be the last weekend before early signing isn’t it ? - -nice we get to have him still visit after verbal.

Get Pooka to spend some time with him - -do some of that Pooka Magic - - off the field , talk to him. - -smack in the face with Les leading the way - - think signing day is on the 11th right ? I think we got a shot. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

@FarmerJayhawk There are still people who believe we can get Clayton to flip on his visit this weekend. – I think this will be the last weekend before early signing isn’t it ? - -nice we get to have him still visit after verbal.

Get Pooka to spend some time with him - -do some of that Pooka Magic - - off the field , talk to him. - -smack in the face with Les leading the way - - think signing day is on the 11th right ? I think we got a shot. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

I happen to be one of them! I don’t think it’s likely but certainly possible. We’ll have two more weekends before signing day. I think we’ll have around a half dozen visitors total.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

One to watch… https://247sports.com/player/corey-wren-46057831/

Is he visiting ?

• Woodrow said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

One to watch… https://247sports.com/player/corey-wren-46057831/

Is he visiting ?

Just decommitted today so nothing scheduled yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if he waited until late to sign.

• Might be a fun next week or so…

• Ooh @wissox your boys got OSU on upset alert! Revenge tasting sweet!

• BShark said:

@FarmerJayhawk alt text

Have one commit already, a good shot at 2-3 more.

• Prunty just popped 😎

• Adams-Reed likely next. I’m optimistic on Clayton too. As far as where the numbers come from, ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Almost certainly a pipe dream but Hull will definitely reach out https://247sports.com/player/sedrick-van-pran-46052225/

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Adams-Reed likely next. I’m optimistic on Clayton too. As far as where the numbers come from, ¯_(ツ)_/¯

ya, I’m just getting that funny feeling that MAYBE - - -just MAYBE - we do get Clayton to flip, that would be sweet.

Thing is though just like Prunty - we got to get them to the early signing without flipping again

• Got Him - - Armaj Adams from Desoto Texas just committed - – Nice pick up. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Watch Leif Magnusson next weekend. There’s going to be some churn before NSD.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Watch Leif Magnusson next weekend. There’s going to be some churn before NSD.

We Need interior linemen on both sides, so for sure would love Magnusson.

On another somber note my friend - -I’m just not feeling Clayton, - I was really hopeful. Pooka was with him all this weekend , a lot of encouraging tweets -photo’s - - -but just really feel if he was gonna flop - -it would of got done by now. - - ROCK CHALK ALLD AY LONG BABY

• Feleipe Franks on campus today

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Feleipe Franks on campus today

seems to be quite abit of smoke on Franks - what ya think Farmer? - - think we get him ?

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

seems to be quite abit of smoke on Franks - what ya think Farmer? - - think we get him ?

It’s looking that way. He hasn’t visited anywhere else and I don’t know if he will. I don’t love using a counter on a grad transfer but my goodness do we need a QB.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

It’s looking that way. He hasn’t visited anywhere else and I don’t know if he will. I don’t love using a counter on a grad transfer but my goodness do we need a QB.

Agreed, not really big on just having this guy for one year. But like you say we need a QB in the worst way.- -Then as I know you have seen , you have the people saying what we get in one year from him - -go from 2 wins to 3 wins? - -plus saying no matter if the O=line sucks not going to make any difference.

Yet like others have said which I agree with on this he was the starting QB at Florida - -we’ve never had anything like that, - -plus you know - - - who knows my friend , say he does come and play for the one year - -got an absolute Cannon for an arm - -he comes in maybe able to ultulize our receivers even more - -maybe gets us 4-5 wins - -might just be what we need to get better QB’s looking at us a little more seriously. He MIGHT be just what we need to get that door open to attract higher quality talent at the QB spot who knows. – I think I’d be willing to take that chance.

Just out of curiousity, my friend what was the injury that happened to him?

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Agreed, not really big on just having this guy for one year. But like you say we need a QB in the worst way.- -Then as I know you have seen , you have the people saying what we get in one year from him - -go from 2 wins to 3 wins? - -plus saying no matter if the O=line sucks not going to make any difference.

Yet like others have said which I agree with on this he was the starting QB at Florida - -we’ve never had anything like that, - -plus you know - - - who knows my friend , say he does come and play for the one year - -got an absolute Cannon for an arm - -he comes in maybe able to ultulize our receivers even more - -maybe gets us 4-5 wins - -might just be what we need to get better QB’s looking at us a little more seriously. He MIGHT be just what we need to get that door open to attract higher quality talent at the QB spot who knows. – I think I’d be willing to take that chance.

Just out of curiousity, my friend what was the injury that happened to him?

He dislocated and broke his ankle. Pretty nasty stuff. But is supposed to be close to 100% for spring ball.

I don’t expect miracles from him, but if he’s a marginal upgrade over Stanley then I can see us winning 4 games. 3-0 in non-con then sneak a Big 12 win.

• I think Franks is a significant upgrade over Stanley. Arm talent alone. Can’t wait to see what Dearmon can do with an off-season.

• Well guess we find out this week for sure , no more guessing on who is de-committing OR who is signing early. - Some things I’ve been hearing really aren’t that positive. - -We got some of the upper recruits holding off on signing, that just basically means ya they verbal but just doing so until better offer.

Just don’t know. Dearman talks of surprise, WHAT’S the surprise ? - - guess we find out in 3 days -

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Frank’s originally committed to Les Miles at LSU. He is a significant upgrade over Stanley or any other QB on the roster. He was a multi-year starter at Florida and only lost his starting job to injury. This is a different level of grad transfer than what KU has had in the past.

• Is Franks going to get two years of eligibility? I’d think he could get a medical redshirt for this past season where he only played in 4 games.

• @Kcmatt7 Seems feasible. Has he redshirted before? If not he could use a regular one if he only played in 4 games, I believe.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Is Franks going to get two years of eligibility? I’d think he could get a medical redshirt for this past season where he only played in 4 games.

He wouldn’t use it if he did. This is strictly a one year “prove it” stop.

• Well if we could get Franks - - then Easters comes in the following year right? - Think he is more likely our future QB in the following year. - -Everything I’ve heard he is already better then any other QB that is here at present - -So Franks just plugging the gap?

• jayballer73 said:

Well if we could get Franks - - then Easters comes in the following year right? - Think he is more likely our future QB in the following year. - -Everything I’ve heard he is already better then any other QB that is here at present - -So Franks just plugging the gap?

Yessir. Trying to get to 4 wins instead of 2, which would be a total momentum killer. The 2021 class has a good chance at getting to top 30 if we make more on-field progress. And any QB on the roster now isn’t ready to get us there.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

Well if we could get Franks - - then Easters comes in the following year right? - Think he is more likely our future QB in the following year. - -Everything I’ve heard he is already better then any other QB that is here at present - -So Franks just plugging the gap?

Yessir. Trying to get to 4 wins instead of 2, which would be a total momentum killer. The 2021 class has a good chance at getting to top 30 if we make more on-field progress. And any QB on the roster now isn’t ready to get us there.

thanks , pretty much what I thought. I know there are a lot that don’t want to use a Scholi on a one year deal, Yet if this guy could come in get us those 4 - -hell maybe even 5 wins this year would be a HUGE step. - - Instead of 2 like you said just a killer.

Like I said somewhere else also who knows - -he comes in has some success might make other better higher profile QB’s take another look at us - -better talented QB’s. - mean yes I realize we have other problems , like our line on both sides of the ball, BUT our QB situation just seems to be a real sore. The guy has a cannon of a arm, no problem getting the ball down field. Started at a high major P- 5 School. - -just feel we have to take this chance IF we can get him to commit here

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Is Franks going to get two years of eligibility? I’d think he could get a medical redshirt for this past season where he only played in 4 games.

He wouldn’t use it if he did. This is strictly a one year “prove it” stop.

Fair enough.

I hope they at least get it approved in case something happens though. Seems like the safe thing to do, even if he planned on leaving no matter what.

• Pssst Farmer , Cotton Pick Shaad is killing me buddy. - -Straight up, what’s your gut telling you with our boy? - He just flat out teasin

He was at it again last night , I’m sure you have seen it. - -Tweeted out and retweeted by Jay Hawk slant: 4 pictures of him with Pooka, and said: Like my mammas child , we just mud brother # The Magic Show @ Pooka Williams Jr ? - - WHY buddy lol WHY ?

Why would he keep doing things like this? – We know he and Pooka are really tight - he made comments like couldn’t wait to make a trip to Kansas in December. Man I’ve just got to believe that Shaad has something up his sleeve - -ya think? -

Ya know Dearman keeps tweeting about a surprise , a lot of people said they could see Shaad pulling some kind of surprise on signing day. - there HAS to be something right? - -I don’t know buddy I’m just getting this feeling that he might flip - -or that feeling could just be my belly telling me time to eat lol - - what you think?

• @jayballer73 I’d be surprised if he flips to KU. If he doesn’t sign this week then it’ll be a free for all. But I think he signs with CU Wednesday.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

@jayballer73 I’d be surprised if he flips to KU. If he doesn’t sign this week then it’ll be a free for all. But I think he signs with CU Wednesday.

thanks a lot lol BOY sure rained on my Parade. - so why does he keep tweeting all these KU misc things out then? - -I just dunno

• Have to give a call to my fellow Mid-Continent Leaguer for coming to KU! https://twitter.com/jaredcasey7/status/1206716101159198721?s=12

• @FarmerJayhawk I assume he is a PWO?

• Woodrow said:

@FarmerJayhawk I assume he is a PWO?

Yessir

• You can tell why he’s a WO. Not that it’s a bad thing.

Positives: He seems to fill a hole well. He has a good frame to build on. A couple of positions he could play. Either H-back or LB. He does seem to have good hands. If he were to stick it out all 5 years, he could possibly see the field. He’d definitely looks like he could be a great add for the scout team.

Negatives: Anything outside of the tackles he’s a bit slow to get to. He plays with his pads pretty high for a guy who is only 6’. Something that I’ve found is really hard to teach because it’s just a natural instinct. No matter how many times you drill it at practice, the second the game starts they stand straight up lol.

Glad he’s getting a chance. It’s going to be a ton of work for him to ever see the field, but he wouldn’t be the first to go walk-on to starter.

• Signing with KU tomorrow. Gonna play corner https://247sports.com/Player/Johnquai-Lewis-46038473/

Think we have in the neighborhood of 20 signatures coming, possibly a couple more surprises (Franks, Clayton). Gonna probably have 2 greys (Pearson for sure, possibly Grimm or Richardson) and one blue (Golightly).

• Hmm lol - -Hey Farmer you think Coach is wanting a certain someone to see the pic. - -I didn’t see but was talked about on our local sports radio talk show - - There was a pic of Coach miles the day before early signing period - -A pic of Coach Miles and Pooka Williams snow sledding down the Hill on the KU campus lol

Miles - - - - Pooka ( which we know is really good friends ) - - equals - - - Clayton lmao - boy am I dreaming

• jayballer73 said:

Hmm lol - -Hey Farmer you think Coach is wanting a certain someone to see the pic. - -I didn’t see but was talked about on our local sports radio talk show - - There was a pic of Coach miles the day before early signing period - -A pic of Coach Miles and Pooka Williams snow sledding down the Hill on the KU campus lol

Miles - - - - Pooka ( which we know is really good friends ) - - equals - - - Clayton lmao - boy am I dreaming

We’ve got a shot! He’s not signing tomorrow. Start hoping Zach Evans ends up at LSU or they could snatch Clayton in an instant.

• Clayton is not going to be signing on the early period now. Looks like he might be hoping some SEC schools come calling again. I don’t think he ends up at KU or Colorado.

• @FarmerJayhawk What exactly are blue and gray shirts?

• dylans said:

@FarmerJayhawk What exactly are blue and gray shirts?

Both are ways of pulling counters from the next class to this one. A greyshirt is when a kid delays enrollment until spring, so is officially a member of the next class. Locklin was a grey, for example. A blue is a guy that doesn’t visit, but can enroll immediately and count toward the next class. Mike Lee and Akeem Adeneji were blueshirts.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

Hmm lol - -Hey Farmer you think Coach is wanting a certain someone to see the pic. - -I didn’t see but was talked about on our local sports radio talk show - - There was a pic of Coach miles the day before early signing period - -A pic of Coach Miles and Pooka Williams snow sledding down the Hill on the KU campus lol

We’ve got a shot! He’s not signing tomorrow. Start hoping Zach Evans ends up at LSU or they could snatch Clayton in an instant.

well that’s disappointing that he isn’t signing tomorrow, that makes me feel not very confident at all - - was hoping we could flip him and get that signature tomorrow

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

well that’s disappointing that he isn’t signing tomorrow, that makes me feel not very confident at all - - was hoping we could flip him and get that signature tomorrow

One thing to keep in mind is Les and co. know what they’re doing in big game hunting. Last February case in point

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

One thing to keep in mind is Les and co. know what they’re doing in big game hunting. Last February case in point

ya I know. Just want this kid really bad, have to face reality though probably. - -I’m sure les will do just fine

• Tbh almost no matter how this class shakes out I’m just excited to have some credibility in the program for the first time in a decade. We actually had coaches visiting schools and players last week giving out 21 and 22 offers. For the longest time Beaty just scoured JuCo’s and, I shit you not, military bases for kids. They’re building this the right way and it’s a great time to be a Jayhawk.

• Jaylin Richardson will not be a KU signee. We don’t have a spot.