2020 Football Recruiting

• Have a local kid here in Topeka, would of been nice to add him. - -Local Talent. - -Can’t remember where he did verbal to - - maybe Iowa? - hell I forget.

Ky Thomas out of Topeka High - -HUGE NIGHT in the 6 A playoffs against Lawrence - - High won the game 56-35 - - -Ky had 49 carries - -378 yrs rushing and 6 touchdowns. - -I think he could of been a pretty decent addition - -oh well

• Minnesota @jayballer73

I wouldn’t bet on them losing any commits.

• jayballer73 said:

Have a local kid here in Topeka, would of been nice to add him. - -Local Talent. - -Can’t remember where he did verbal to - - maybe Iowa? - hell I forget.

Ky Thomas out of Topeka High - -HUGE NIGHT in the 6 A playoffs against Lawrence - - High won the game 56-35 - - -Ky had 49 carries - -378 yrs rushing and 6 touchdowns. - -I think he could of been a pretty decent addition - -oh well

If we can convince him to visit Fleck will pull his offer soooo maybe?

• @FarmerJayhawk Fleck sounds like an asshole from everything I’ve read online tbh.

• The good news is I believe we’re going to get an upgrade along the OL. Staff has really honed in on that spot down the stretch. I’m kind of over Ashaad. I’d love for him to come but we should be ok at RB if Dom stays. Pooka, Dom, Gardner, and APH is a good start.

• @BShark that whole deal still bothers me along with Jax Dineen. I just hate seeing the best of local guys going elsewhere but sometimes it just doesn’t work. KSU I believe has 3 guys from free state on there 2 deep.

• @FarmerJayhawk let’s face facts at this point, Hakeem is the only guy worth a crap on the offensive line. It would be tough for us to get a whole lot worse. We may not be any better for a couple more years because you need to be recruited 2 years ahead on both sides. This group for their size and experience level have been probably the most disappointing position group on the team for me.

• kjayhawks said:

@FarmerJayhawk let’s face facts at this point, Hakeem is the only guy worth a crap on the offensive line. It would be tough for us to get a whole lot worse. We may not be any better for a couple more years because you need to be recruited 2 years ahead on both sides. This group for their size and experience level have been probably the most disappointing position group on the team for me.

Losing 3 starters and recruiting nothing behind them will do that.

• @FarmerJayhawk Everyone we have starting this had multiple starts coming in. Beaty honestly did decent at skill positions in recruiting, just not smart enough to realize the game is decided in the trenches.

• @jayballer73 said " Ky had 49 carries - -378 yrs rushing and 6 touchdowns "

That sounds like a typical night for Jake Sharp in High School. By halftime. Seriously. That didn’t work out so well. You just never know how one will transition to the next level.

• @nuleafjhawk Highschool stats ain’t shit, basically. Frankamp still has some KS HS records I believe. 😂

• BShark said:

@nuleafjhawk Highschool stats ain’t shit, basically. Frankamp still has some KS HS records I believe. 😂

KS High school stats for sure with the inferior completion across the board. You ever see a decent team from KS play a decent football team from Texas? It’s pretty ugly.

• @dylans Hell it’d get ugly playing an average team from OK or Arky tbh.

• @nuleafjhawk wasn’t the Newman kid from Salina

• @BShark They get more practice time in other states. It shows, especially early in the year. It (less practice) makes recruit eval tougher in KS - more late bloomers and more busts on top talent.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Yes, but we don’t talk about him much (K-State) Lol.

• @BShark I know, but it was really unbelievable what Sharp did in High School. I called my dad every Friday night for four years (he lives in Texas) and would tell him - Sharp had 427 yards, 7 touchdowns - by halftime. (just made those up, but there were times when those numbers would be pretty accurate). He was so dang fast. I couldn’t believe how - meh - his time at KU was. I really thought he would turn the program around.

Oh well, we’ll get another Gale Sayers one of these days. No, Pooka ain’t him.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

The good news is I believe we’re going to get an upgrade along the OL. Staff has really honed in on that spot down the stretch. I’m kind of over Ashaad. I’d love for him to come but we should be ok at RB if Dom stays. Pooka, Dom, Gardner, and APH is a good start.

Thing is - - IS Dom staying? - -he hasn’t played a second - -not one snap since the same time Herbert made his decision. - - Is Dom even still in School ?

• Seems to me Billy Campfield was from Derby - -Wasn’t John Riggins from Kansas - -Wasn’t JR Riggins from Kansas. - Wasn’t Nolan Cromwell from Kansas? - -just curious

• @jayballer73 - Yes, they were all from Kansas.

I was second guessing my proclamation of how good Jake Sharp was so i looked up some stats - the one that stands out is that he scored the most TD’s in one season in Kansas (High School) football history - 63. That’s a lot of TD’s.

Then I saw Nolan Cromwell (Ransom, Ks) has the record for all time punting - PUNTING - average in Kansas - 51 yds per kick. I didn’t even know the dude COULD punt !!

• John Hadl, Ben Heeney, Bobby Douglass, Ray Evans, John Zook, Kerry Meier, David Jaynes, Laverne Smith, Mike Wellman, George Harvey, Doyle Schick - I’m sure the list goes on and on of Kansas players who did well at KU, and many of them went on to good NFL careers. Granted that states such as Texas have many more such players, but it is hard for us to realize how important high school football is to people of that state as well as to other southern states.

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

The good news is I believe we’re going to get an upgrade along the OL. Staff has really honed in on that spot down the stretch. I’m kind of over Ashaad. I’d love for him to come but we should be ok at RB if Dom stays. Pooka, Dom, Gardner, and APH is a good start.

Thing is - - IS Dom staying? - -he hasn’t played a second - -not one snap since the same time Herbert made his decision. - - Is Dom even still in School ?

He’s redshirting for sure, due to injury. He suits up for every game still. Whether he stays or not is up in the air.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

He’s redshirting for sure, due to injury. He suits up for every game still. Whether he stays or n

Didn’t know he was injured. - -Hadn’t heard ANYTHING

• FarmerJayhawk said:

One to watch… https://247sports.com/Player/Savion-Williams-46051526/

Um. Yes Please. That would be a nice get.

• https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/tristan-golightly-234532

Hawks just picked up a big WR / TE. Had a lot of offers including LSU and Nebraska

• Woodrow said:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/tristan-golightly-234532

Hawks just picked up a big WR / TE. Had a lot of offers including LSU and Nebraska

I dig it. Probably takes us out for Williams but can’t get enough big, athletic guys. I bet he ends up at H back

• WOOOO

• Huge visiting weekend coming. Clayton will be in town for the CU basketball game. Plus I believe these large humans are visiting https://247sports.com/player/armaj-adams-reed-46081126 https://247sports.com/player/josh-remetich-46059167

• @FarmerJayhawk There are still people who believe we can get Clayton to flip on his visit this weekend. – I think this will be the last weekend before early signing isn’t it ? - -nice we get to have him still visit after verbal.

Get Pooka to spend some time with him - -do some of that Pooka Magic - - off the field , talk to him. - -smack in the face with Les leading the way - - think signing day is on the 11th right ? I think we got a shot. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

@FarmerJayhawk There are still people who believe we can get Clayton to flip on his visit this weekend. – I think this will be the last weekend before early signing isn’t it ? - -nice we get to have him still visit after verbal.

Get Pooka to spend some time with him - -do some of that Pooka Magic - - off the field , talk to him. - -smack in the face with Les leading the way - - think signing day is on the 11th right ? I think we got a shot. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

I happen to be one of them! I don’t think it’s likely but certainly possible. We’ll have two more weekends before signing day. I think we’ll have around a half dozen visitors total.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

One to watch… https://247sports.com/player/corey-wren-46057831/

Is he visiting ?

• Woodrow said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

One to watch… https://247sports.com/player/corey-wren-46057831/

Is he visiting ?

Just decommitted today so nothing scheduled yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if he waited until late to sign.

• Might be a fun next week or so…

• Ooh @wissox your boys got OSU on upset alert! Revenge tasting sweet!

• BShark said:

@FarmerJayhawk alt text

Have one commit already, a good shot at 2-3 more.

• Prunty just popped 😎

• Adams-Reed likely next. I’m optimistic on Clayton too. As far as where the numbers come from, ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Almost certainly a pipe dream but Hull will definitely reach out https://247sports.com/player/sedrick-van-pran-46052225/

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Adams-Reed likely next. I’m optimistic on Clayton too. As far as where the numbers come from, ¯_(ツ)_/¯

ya, I’m just getting that funny feeling that MAYBE - - -just MAYBE - we do get Clayton to flip, that would be sweet.

Thing is though just like Prunty - we got to get them to the early signing without flipping again

• Got Him - - Armaj Adams from Desoto Texas just committed - – Nice pick up. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Watch Leif Magnusson next weekend. There’s going to be some churn before NSD.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Watch Leif Magnusson next weekend. There’s going to be some churn before NSD.

We Need interior linemen on both sides, so for sure would love Magnusson.

On another somber note my friend - -I’m just not feeling Clayton, - I was really hopeful. Pooka was with him all this weekend , a lot of encouraging tweets -photo’s - - -but just really feel if he was gonna flop - -it would of got done by now. - - ROCK CHALK ALLD AY LONG BABY

• Feleipe Franks on campus today

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Feleipe Franks on campus today

seems to be quite abit of smoke on Franks - what ya think Farmer? - - think we get him ?

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

seems to be quite abit of smoke on Franks - what ya think Farmer? - - think we get him ?

It’s looking that way. He hasn’t visited anywhere else and I don’t know if he will. I don’t love using a counter on a grad transfer but my goodness do we need a QB.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

It’s looking that way. He hasn’t visited anywhere else and I don’t know if he will. I don’t love using a counter on a grad transfer but my goodness do we need a QB.

Agreed, not really big on just having this guy for one year. But like you say we need a QB in the worst way.- -Then as I know you have seen , you have the people saying what we get in one year from him - -go from 2 wins to 3 wins? - -plus saying no matter if the O=line sucks not going to make any difference.

Yet like others have said which I agree with on this he was the starting QB at Florida - -we’ve never had anything like that, - -plus you know - - - who knows my friend , say he does come and play for the one year - -got an absolute Cannon for an arm - -he comes in maybe able to ultulize our receivers even more - -maybe gets us 4-5 wins - -might just be what we need to get better QB’s looking at us a little more seriously. He MIGHT be just what we need to get that door open to attract higher quality talent at the QB spot who knows. – I think I’d be willing to take that chance.

Just out of curiousity, my friend what was the injury that happened to him?

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Agreed, not really big on just having this guy for one year. But like you say we need a QB in the worst way.- -Then as I know you have seen , you have the people saying what we get in one year from him - -go from 2 wins to 3 wins? - -plus saying no matter if the O=line sucks not going to make any difference.

Yet like others have said which I agree with on this he was the starting QB at Florida - -we’ve never had anything like that, - -plus you know - - - who knows my friend , say he does come and play for the one year - -got an absolute Cannon for an arm - -he comes in maybe able to ultulize our receivers even more - -maybe gets us 4-5 wins - -might just be what we need to get better QB’s looking at us a little more seriously. He MIGHT be just what we need to get that door open to attract higher quality talent at the QB spot who knows. – I think I’d be willing to take that chance.

Just out of curiousity, my friend what was the injury that happened to him?

He dislocated and broke his ankle. Pretty nasty stuff. But is supposed to be close to 100% for spring ball.

I don’t expect miracles from him, but if he’s a marginal upgrade over Stanley then I can see us winning 4 games. 3-0 in non-con then sneak a Big 12 win.