2020 Football Recruiting

• @Kcmatt7 That’s pretty cynical and likely true.

• Can anyone define the meaning of these letters - - -TOS ? -Read from a poster off the phog , like less then 2 hours ago said - - - -Where the poster read from TOS that say Ashad Clayton’s top two Schools are Georgia and KU - -and he loves Pooka and really wants to play with him. - -Thing is Georgia is pretty much running back U these last few years - -but on the other hand they have already signed a higher rated running back then Clayton this incoming year - - Clayton can come in and play right along Pooka take Herbert’s place or go to Georgia and stand in line - seems lie an easy choice to me - - love this guy - - said decision could be coming soon.

Also read where Patrick Williams a 4 * Defensive tackle 6’2 - - -285 - -from Marrero Louisiana has just de-committed from LSU and KU is a school he wants to visit - - - sounds just fine with me, maybe pick up a couple of studs - -Clayton 4 * running back - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• TOS is The Other Site. Meaning it came from Rivals.

• Zach Evans (5* RB) is likely going to UGA. I still think the main competition for Clayton is LSU, but if we can land him, that would be terrific. If we can get the DT on campus too that would be awesome. I think he ends up at TCU but visits will make a difference for sure (and if we can beat them Saturday).

• The big thing that has helped KU so far this year is that, even though they are 2-2, they were very competitive in both of the losses. That matters. Kids don’t want to come and get embarrassed week after week. Showing that KU is no longer a team that can get blasted every week by any conference opponent is big.

The next step, obviously, is to put some numbers in the win column. I’d like to see 4 wins. More than that is probably too hopeful, but 4 would show some definite progress. We still need playmakers on the offensive side, and some more athletes on defense, but 4 wins on top of being competitive would show that things are pointed in the right direction.

• @justanotherfan 100% agree. I think building overall depth will be huge. I think we have a good chance to shut WVU down if we have more bodies on defense Saturday. It was clear after 80+ plays they were gassed. I’m very excited for 2021 when most of the roster is Les Miles recruits.

• @justanotherfan I was as inspired by the BC win as i’ve been in a long time. BUT - BC is not Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State and maybe even (puking a little bit here) K-State. If we can remain competitive in those game, I will be looking at season tickets for next year.

But, the two losses, close as they were, were in my opinion BAD losses. Those should have been two that all Kansas fans had picked as W’s.

• Woodrow said:

TOS is The Other Site. Meaning it came from Rivals.

Awww thanks I’m not the brightest light in the house sometimes – but I knew I could count on someone to pick me up - - appreciated

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Zach Evans (5* RB) is likely going to UGA. I still think the main competition for Clayton is LSU, but if we can land him, that would be terrific. If we can get the DT on campus too that would be awesome. I think he ends up at TCU but visits will make a difference for sure (and if we can beat them Saturday).

I don’t think he is goin go to LSU. – He has tweeted that this is his last 9 months in Louisiana – I think also it’s a KU/Georgia battle. – A friend of mine is pretty close down there but he said he had been hearing Georgia - -but talk to him a couple of days ago and now kind of un-clear

• justanotherfan said:

The big thing that has helped KU so far this year is that, even though they are 2-2, they were very competitive in both of the losses. That matters. Kids don’t want to come and get embarrassed week after week. Showing that KU is no longer a team that can get blasted every week by any conference opponent is big.

The next step, obviously, is to put some numbers in the win column. I’d like to see 4 wins. More than that is probably too hopeful, but 4 would show some definite progress. We still need playmakers on the offensive side, and some more athletes on defense, but 4 wins on top of being competitive would show that things are pointed in the right direction.

from everything I’ve seen and heard from others is - - Clayton is just another version of Pooka - - maybe a tad better – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Zach Evans (5* RB) is likely going to UGA. I still think the main competition for Clayton is LSU, but if we can land him, that would be terrific. If we can get the DT on campus too that would be awesome. I think he ends up at TCU but visits will make a difference for sure (and if we can beat them Saturday).

If that is the case then UGA would have two 5* RB’s in this class. Wouldn’t make a lot of sense for Clayton to go there…

• Woodrow said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

If that is the case then UGA would have two 5* RB’s in this class. Wouldn’t make a lot of sense for Clayton to go there…

Exactly. Just take a gander at how stupid loaded they are at RB, especially sophomores and freshmen https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Season/2020-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

• @FarmerJayhawk I know it is absurd. It is amazing how many athletes the top tier of college FB accumulate.

Clayton would just be a monster grab for Les. I feel like it would be that signature recruit that might open the flood gates to better players for KU. ( assuming they produce on the field)

• For sure. Especially given we’re weak at RB after this year beyond Pooka. I like Dom but he hasn’t shown it quite yet. Velton Gardner is more of a gadget type guy. And I’m not sure exactly what we have in Jaylin Richardson. I do know I’d love to RS him.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Woodrow said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Exactly. Just take a gander at how stupid loaded they are at RB, especially sophomores and freshmen https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Season/2020-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

exactly - -that’s why I kinda like our chances - - I love this guy - -a true stud - - and with his connection with Pooka – and pooka follows him on twitter - -so I think the friendship is both ways.

Pretty simple – he could go to Georgia and stand and just be ANOTHER - -guy waiting for a shot - -OR come to KU be with his buddy and be one of the main guys - -have no doubt he be seeing a lot of snaps - -saying a decision maybe coming soon. - - ROCK CHALK ALLD AY LONG BABY

• Woodrow said:

@FarmerJayhawk I know it is absurd. It is amazing how many athletes the top tier of college FB accumulate.

Clayton would just be a monster grab for Les. I feel like it would be that signature recruit that might open the flood gates to better players for KU. ( assuming they produce on the field)

Then if GOD smile upon us and some how we could convince the de-commit from LSU to come here 4 * defensive tackle - - we be moving right along. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Woodrow We can’t get him. If we do, the NCAA would have a noose around Miles’ neck immediately because the only way good football players would come to KU is if there is “inappropriate” hi-jinks going on.

• Possible walk-on and year 2 scholly https://247sports.com/Player/Quentin-Skinner-46094672/

• OH LOOK OUT lol - - -the Mad Hatter - - back in the Boot this Weekend , I’M SURE he hitting on our boy Clayton - - get him Les - - tell him to come join of the rest of the Louisiana Animals - -would love to get this kid - - - were right there - -just needs that last little push - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Keenan Hambrick decommitted. Not a huge loss. I think there was a numbers crunch we wanted him to greyshirt.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Keenan Hambrick decommitted. Not a huge loss. I think there was a numbers crunch we wanted him to greyshirt.

I saw that , and we all know there is going to be those de-commits - - it’s ok - -saw where there have been other programs asking about him - -that’s the way things are with Football - -it was a verbal and until that signature is on the dotted line, it’s just the Nature of the game. - -Don’t get me wrong I fully understand that you know that – just saying.

It’s just to bad that after a kid announces , that other schools can’t respect that decision and back off.

Yet it’s just part of the recruiting game. I can just hear other Schools pitches against us and the reasoning they tell these kids NOT to be a part of KU. - Football is: - - why would you want to be a part of such a dumpster fire? - -come to our more established school in football a chance to be seen -: - -Basketball is : - -why would you want to go to a school that is about to be hit hard with sanctions & probation - -and good chance of not even being allowed in the tourney - - - VULTURES that is how it works.

Like you say not a huge loss - -will be more I’m sure , surprised actually hasn’t been more already - -it’s ok - -hopefully just opens a spot for Clayton lol. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Keenan Hambrick decommitted. Not a huge loss. I think there was a numbers crunch we wanted him to greyshirt.

I saw that , and we all know there is going to be those de-commits - - it’s ok - -saw where there have been other programs asking about him - -that’s the way things are with Football - -it was a verbal and until that signature is on the dotted line, it’s just the Nature of the game. - -Don’t get me wrong I fully understand that you know that – just saying.

It’s just to bad that after a kid announces , that other schools can’t respect that decision and back off.

Yet it’s just part of the recruiting game. I can just hear other Schools pitches against us and the reasoning they tell these kids NOT to be a part of KU. - Football is: - - why would you want to be a part of such a dumpster fire? - -come to our more established school in football a chance to be seen -: - -Basketball is : - -why would you want to go to a school that is about to be hit hard with sanctions & probation - -and good chance of not even being allowed in the tourney - - - VULTURES that is how it works.

Like you say not a huge loss - -will be more I’m sure , surprised actually hasn’t been more already - -it’s ok - -hopefully just opens a spot for Clayton lol. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Honestly… I think we have a pretty good shot at him. It’ll take a couple dominos to fall right but KU can get him.

• @FarmerJayhawk Game changer if we get him.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Honestly… I think we have a pretty good shot at him. It’ll take a couple dominos to fall right but KU can get him.

I agree with you - - I feel we have a pretty good chance. - -Hearing a lot that Basically it comes down to KU & Georgia. - -Also heard that Georgia has already gotten a higher ranked running back - -possibly two commits for that position

My big thing is - - If Clayton has already decided that he was headed to Georgia - - - then why hasn’t he just come out and already announced? - - I’m committing to the University of Georgia. - if he has made up his mind - seen /read/and heard things , may seem trifle/little tiny things - but still. - Have heard him and Pooka are pretty close friends - - Pooka follows him on twitter & Visa Versa. - - We know he isn’t going to LSU - - he has came out and talked about how this was his final months in Louisiana -would be really sweet to have that Dual could cause some real havoc - -keeping fingers crossed. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BShark said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Steven-McBride-46082020/

Upgrade from Hambrick @FarmerJayhawk ?

I seen this nothing huge - -but ya probably better then Hambrick - -still holding out hope for Clayton. - -seen some game film with him off his twitter - -mercy the kid is a beast

• @BShark not sure if he’s an upgrade since I haven’t watched any tape yet but certainly fills that spot. I still wonder how many spots are left. I think Grimm and Pearson are walk ons in year one, will be on scholarship after. Not sure about anyone else. I think we have approximately 21 IC’s for 2020 since we pulled a few into 2019 to bolster this year’s numbers. Unclear if we’ll pull any from 2021.

• Man Shaad at it- -teasing lol - re-tweeting pics of him in KU uniform, -The tweet is the pic of him in the KU uniform and stating LEGIT - - - then he post about this dual would be basically lethal - -thinking pretty much talking about him and Pooka. - - - I know he and Pooka are pretty good friends and follow one another - - mercy I just got this feel thinking we got a very legit shot - -I want this guy bad - - almost as bad as I wanted Devon in Basketball - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @FarmerJayhawk Not too big on transfer QBs but in this case the guy that won the job there is really good so this guy might be okay.

• BShark said:

@FarmerJayhawk Not too big on transfer QBs but in this case the guy that won the job there is really good so this guy might be okay.

Yep. Watched every snap of UNC football this year and Howell has a legit chance to win a Heisman in his time at Carolina. I watched Fortin a couple times live last year. Dude can really play.

• come on - - we want/need this guy soooooo bad - -well I do anyways come on we waiting

• Does it seem like to anyone else - -we MIGHT just pull this off ? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Going to have two OL decommit today. Not great.

• Yikes. That is not a position where we can have decommits.

• @FarmerJayhawk @Woodrow Ugh. Sounds like Stoefon was a moving on decision from the staff. Who is the second?

• BShark said:

@FarmerJayhawk @Woodrow Ugh. Sounds like Stoefon was a moving on decision from the staff. Who is the second?

Yeah, Stoefen was injury-related. Tommy Brandt is the 2nd

• @FarmerJayhawk What is the deal with Brandt? Is the staff expecting to get a couple other guys to replace them?

• @Woodrow not sure. I know we’re having to pull some 2021 IC’s forward just to sign who we have committed. Could be some guys aren’t happy about being asked to greyshirt or whatnot.

• Sounds like Clayton to Colorado could happen as soon as today. Brutal.

• @FarmerJayhawk W T F

Hope we put some football crootin money into securing Bryce lol.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Sounds like Clayton to Colorado could happen as soon as today. Brutal.

Wow! That is out of nowhere. That sucks. Losing him to UGA, Bama, or LSU is one thing but to Colorado. That sucks.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

BOY your just a real bundle of Sunshine dammit that SUCKS - -fricken Colorado? - - Seriously

• BShark said:

https://twitter.com/Jayden__Russell/status/1193957597553909765

Jayden still mad hoo boy.

Maybe he should’ve spent more time on school and less on Twitter.

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

BOY your just a real bundle of Sunshine dammit that SUCKS - -fricken Colorado? - - Seriously

Yup. He was there over the weekend and sounds like they sealed the deal. Remains to be seen if he comes back to Lawrence for a visit next month. In that case we’d have a shot to flip him but never want to rely on that.

• Colorado it is…