Our League Weekend games

• They Talking about this: - - - Who do we think this weekend games are the most important to win for - a almost have to have this win: - – Okla - -TCU - - - KU- -West Virg Baylor - - Texas Tech - - - - -OR K-State Iowa State ? - -Now we are talking for NCAA tourney.

Yes they know – I know like and agree Oklahoma at 3-9 in conference SHOULD NOT even be in any kind of option for the NCAA - -yet their they sit as one of the last four in - -just insane ,

So would like to hear who you say - -we could also apply this as far as Confernece Championship goes - -who needs this win this weekend the worst to stay in the race?

I’ll go 1st as far as the NCAA goes: - -it just has to be Oklahoma hands down right? - -they shouldn’t even be considered BUT - -HAS TO BE Oklahoma - -I guess as long as we are talking about the NCAA tourney you would have to say that Texas NEEDS to win their game against Oklahoma State to have any chance -right?

As far as the league the one that needs this weekend the most I think would be probably TCU - - ok talk to me

• ISU has to win for us to have any shot at winning the conference out right and really a whole lot of a chance of winning it at all. It is very interesting that right now most have 8 big 12 teams and I just don’t see it. Oklahoma as you said shouldn’t even be on the radar IMO and Texas is skating on thin ice, they have some good wins but some terrible losses, if they would’ve beaten KSU last week, I’d say they were in solid shape. OU has 3 wins in conference crazy that they are even on the bubble.

• On the games themselves, ISU @ KSU is pretty much an elimination game for the Cyclones. If they drop that one, they have no shot at a title. OU @ TCU is game that I think knocks OU from the dance if lost. OSU @ Texas, easily a must win for Texas and their post season hopes. Baylor @ TT is another elimination game for the loser in terms of the conference race. Us at home against WV is a must win for our conference hopes.

• kjayhawks said:

On the games themselves, ISU @ KSU is pretty much an elimination game for the Cyclones. If they drop that one, they have no shot at a title. OU @ TCU is game that I think knocks OU from the dance if lost. OSU @ Texas, easily a must win for Texas and their post season hopes. Baylor @ TT is another elimination game for the loser in terms of the conference race. Us at home against WV is a must win for our conference hopes.

@kjayhawks Vegas currently has: TCU by 5-1/2 over OU; TX by 11-1/2 over OSU; TTU by 8 over BU; KSU by 2 over ISU; KU by 15 over WVU.

Obviously it’s hours before these games tip and line may change. I hate routing for ISU, but you do what you have to🤞🏼 🙏🏼

• @bcjayhawk No problem cheering against KSU for me, regardless of whom they play lol. Man the WV game that we flatout gave away is killer right now, still ticks me off when I think about it.

• @kjayhawks My problem isn’t rooting against KSU - I love to do that. My problem is rooting FOR Iowa State. In my opinion, the ISU fan base is right down there with Missouri. I think Mr. Weatherwax is an emblematic representative rather than an outlier. I wish the WVU@KU and ISU@KSU games were not on at the same time

• @bcjayhawk For this game, take ISU out of the picture. Just root for the team that’s playing K-State. That’s what I do - regardless of who K-State plays.

• @nuleafjhawk like they do w/us! Root for whoever is playing KU.

• kjayhawks said:

ISU has to win for us to have any shot at winning the conference out right and really a whole lot of a chance of winning it at all. It is very interesting that right now most have 8 big 12 teams and I just don’t see it. Oklahoma as you said shouldn’t even be on the radar IMO and Texas is skating on thin ice, they have some good wins but some terrible losses, if they would’ve beaten KSU last week, I’d say they were in solid shape. OU has 3 wins in conference crazy that they are even on the bubble.

I agree with you 1000000 % on Oklahoma bud- – I just don’t get it. - -How could they even be in any kind of consideration. - -If THEY do make it - -that is a joke - -if they make it in - -teams like that Water the tourney down soooo bad - -they just don’t look good. - - What is their SOS - - Texas is in a Must win scenario to stay in the talk - -I dunno guys just crazy

• kjayhawks said:

On the games themselves, ISU @ KSU is pretty much an elimination game for the Cyclones. If they drop that one, they have no shot at a title. OU @ TCU is game that I think knocks OU from the dance if lost. OSU @ Texas, easily a must win for Texas and their post season hopes. Baylor @ TT is another elimination game for the loser in terms of the conference race. Us at home against WV is a must win for our conference hopes.

I dunno man – - I think - - I really do think that ISU goes in and knocks them off guy- - -we still need to take care of our own business and let the other play out - - Next Saturday I think is THE Monster weekend - -we have just GOT to find a way to win that, That is the most difficult game I believe to win that’s remaining for us - wouldn’t it be crazy if we could some how - - someway pull this out - -it’s looking kind of bleak right now but if things fall the right way - -it’s all game on. - -not sure where your at buddy - but if you in the snow - -you stay safe - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• bcjayhawk said:

kjayhawks said:

@kjayhawks Vegas currently has: TCU by 5-1/2 over OU; TX by 11-1/2 over OSU; TTU by 8 over BU; KSU by 2 over ISU; KU by 15 over WVU.

Obviously it’s hours before these games tip and line may change. I hate routing for ISU, but you do what you have to🤞🏼 🙏🏼

I just feel ISU ha a score to settle , I for sure they ISU is more talented - -I think if they play like capable Lard and what’s the other Big Robertson? - -na that’s not it - but unless Lard is in they play that 5 out spread the floor - - - they have talent for sure - -sometimes they just use no sense jacking up ill advised shots - - -Norton is a very good player - -Wigginton can be very good when he wants - -they have a lot of good players - -I still don’t get KSU -man I have a real hard time believing they can win this thing - - such ugly - - ugly ball really hard to watch - -I just think ISU takes them tomorrow - -hell KSU fans don’t even know how to fire up right

• kjayhawks said:

@bcjayhawk No problem cheering against KSU for me, regardless of whom they play lol. Man the WV game that we flatout gave away is killer right now, still ticks me off when I think about it.

I know – mercy - -that is YMCA - phase 2

• Go Cyclones tomorrow!

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

Go Cyclones tomorrow!

exactly - yet you watch K-Straight will get fricken lucky somehow - -I tell you what though if - ISU is hitting the trey’s - -and get out and run - it could go South for K-Straight in a hurry - but probably won’t happen - -or if ISU can get Wade in trouble - - Brown is playing out his ass right now - beyond his talent- if we lost our streak to them straight up - then I wouldn’t mind so much but there are things with this that just suck - - ya some of this we brought on ourself - -I truly think if we had Doke we would be at 2 losses instead of 4 - -WV - -& K-State - -let’s hope we get that chance - -we just/must win out

• kjayhawks said:

OU and Texas won’t make it. UT probably enters the tournament with at least 14 or 15 losses. OU is already at 9 losses in B12 play, they won’t make the tournament either.

B12 is a 5 or 6 bid league this year. KU, KSU, ISU, TTU, and Baylor are pretty much locks at this point. TCU is team on the fence in B12.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

kjayhawks said:

OU and Texas won’t make it. UT probably enters the tournament with at least 14 or 15 losses. OU is already at 9 losses in B12 play, they won’t make the tournament either.

B12 is a 5 or 6 bid league this year. KU, KSU, ISU, TTU, and Baylor are pretty much locks at this point. TCU is team on the fence in B12.

Well put my friend - just NO way - -NO fricken way OU even deserves consideration - - and yet you watch we go down there and they play out their butts and pull that stunner and really put the screws to us – like WV

• The thing about ISU is I dont have to listen to there fans like KSUs lol.

• @jayballer73 If ISU does not beat KSU today…I think the streak is over. I hope you are right…but you have to admit, the purple pussycats have answered every call of late.

• Hawk8086 said:

@jayballer73 If ISU does not beat KSU today…I think the streak is over. I hope you are right…but you have to admit, the purple pussycats have answered every call of late.

ya I’m with you -I mean I’m getting a pretty strong vibe about them goin in and winning today - -but then again THAT might be from what I ate last night lol - - -No seriously - -I just really think ISU has a really good shot - they have incentive in multiple ways - -they had K-Straight come to Hilton and beat them - they would love to return the favor – they have a chance of having their own share of the title and over all I just think in all reality - ISU has by far overall better talent.

I think K-Straight just caught ISU in a bad day and was able to sneak away got lucky - -quite possible not so much todayk.

• I think we have a good shot at winning out. There’s something seriously cooking with this team. This schedule of 2 games a week apart is really huge for us, as the team is just now starting to come together. We’ll smack WVU, and go into Lubbock with a lot of momentum. I’m getting more bullish on this team every day.

• Ribs in the smoker, I’m on the couch the rest of the day. I just wish the KSU vs ISU game was on at a different time than ours. The TCU vs OU game isn’t doing it for me.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Ribs in the smoker, I’m on the couch the rest of the day. I just wish the KSU vs ISU game was on at a different time than ours. The TCU vs OU game isn’t doing it for me.

Really bad loss for TCU & Jamie. - - losing at home - not a good look. - -Welp said Okla absolutely had to have it - -still don’t think Okla has any business even being considered for the Tourney. Did find it interesting that whoever saying that KU is - - Oklahoma’s best shot at beating at 41.5 % only other team according to whatever this came from only better chance was to beat WV - -crazy

• Yeah TCU only had 7 players for that game. Tough to win like that.

• @jayballer73 Well…your gut feeling about KSU was right! Boy am I glad. So, Mr. Nostradamus, do we share the league title now? 🙂

• Just have to win out. It nice to have control of the future once again.

• Hawk8086 said:

@jayballer73 Well…your gut feeling about KSU was right! Boy am I glad. So, Mr. Nostradamus, do we share the league title now? 🙂

Lol- -well the game with KSU -& ISU – I just really felt that ISU has the BETTER talent - and that KSU actually kind of got pretty lucky there at Hilton - -the way ISU can spread the floor - then you got Wigginton - -MBA type - -then you have Horton Tucker – And then you got the Grad Transfer from Virg - -I had just been feeling they would come in - -especially with what is at stake - at least a share of the Conference Championship -the get even approach for the loss at Hilton - and then add the better talent - -ya that’s why I was picking them

Now as far as getting a share of the title ourselves? - -I think they improved greatly yesterday - with that loss. -Course as you know this Coming Saturday is gonna be HUGE - that game is a MUST. - yet I tell you what - - -I’m feeling much better on our chances after what I have seen these last two 2-3 games. - -I just really like how Coach is playing Dedric out more on the outside more - - I like the combo of our other two big’s -Mitch and Dave – - -let’s see I’m pretty sure the line for that combo yesterday was like 15 points - - 10 rebounds - -5 blocks - - 2 steals and they said something like 3 charges from Mitch taken yesterday. - -I would say that is a pretty decent combo - - JUMPIN - -GEE - -HOSSIE - -TOADS - -I’d take that from those two every night - -take that and run with it. - Loving the flow from the group – I wouldn’t change A THING in the minutes of any of these guys - -love the continuity - it just looks to me like these guys are NOW finding themselves - -seem to be playing a lot more fluid – moving the ball better - as Coach would say the ball is not sticking.

Now – the Conference are you ready - -don’t shake your head to hard - - BUT I actually am getting a feel K-State doesn’t share - -I don’t think they get anything - -another thing I’m starting to feel in my gut.- - See I’m thinking that the chances more likely then not - -with what is at stake - a share of the Championship - -us extra motovation for losing to them already the way we are starting to play - -I think we beat them in the Phog Monday - -now this all goes along with the assumption we can get out of Tech with a win -not gonna be easy - -The I just think that somewhere - even with few left that - -someone STILL GETS them besides us - - giving them TWO more losses - to us and then to another team yet - -that gives them FIVE losses - - I think when it is all said and done it will be KU sharing with Iowa State - we will share the title with them and K-State and Texas Tech one game back - -let’s see does K-State still have to play Tech again? - that might be the one - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Well just saw where K-State doesn’t have Tech again – so MAYBE - - MAYBE Baylor can sneak the win - -or Maybe Oklahoma stands up - -but I’ll go ahead and say that K-State losses tow more conference games

• @jayballer73 I hope they lose two more…the only other loss that wouldn’t be a big upset (besides at AFH) is at TCU. Wade’s health is an X factor. Then we need Tech and ISU to lose one more…assuming we don’t beat Tech. Will be a real log jam at the top no matter what happens.