Walking wounded invades TCU

• @Big-Clyde52 up fran

• Dotson just needs a flat top now. #BIDD

• @truehawk93 I agree he’ll will be fine, just a matter of when it happens, but I suspect it won’t happen until next season though on a consistent basis.

• @Bwag I liked the SB batch from this winter.

• @BShark either way was very costly, which is expected from a freshman but its gotta improve, hopefully it does.

• Really dumb shots at the end! In regulation

• I was really hoping to have SDS. I thought he would give DLaw a chance to work more outside the lane. But I digress. Also, I think Big Mac will own the lane. I hope with some PT he gets his game together real fast. WE could use him ASAP.

• kjayhawks said:

@BShark either way was very costly, which is expected from a freshman but its gotta improve, hopefully it does.

Eh, 7-9 from the line I’ll take that.

• @Crimsonorblue22 looking at the 0lay by play the last few minutes is turnover on Dotson and turnover on Lawson one right after the other.

• Dotson and Agbaji both with double digit rebounds. TOUGH.

• Fran on that charge!😤

• @BShark ehh 3 turnovers late man isn’t a good stat nor is 6 total. He made up for in OT for sure. Most coaches would be wanting him to work on that.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

@truehawk93 I agree he’ll will be fine, just a matter of when it happens, but I suspect it won’t happen until next season though on a consistent basis.

I’m kinda hoping the whole Bill Self IQ thing for Big Mac will pan out really sooner than later. I heard the kid has a really high IQ for a big.

• @truehawk93 I’ve heard Dave is a good student

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I don’t either. My rant was directed at their fans. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Dixon.

• Big Mac has got to be Doke and SDS all in one. He is a little of both. Self better play Big Mac a lot going forward. Let him bumble stumble and fail. But play him all the same. Its the only way the kid will get better.

• @kjayhawks that was a dumb stretch for sure. Dotson dribbled over to Grimes on the wing and there was no plan from there except try to get the ball to Dedric

• @DanR That’s all I’m getting at Dot was great outside of that. But that was also a key factor in the loss at ASU so I’d like to see him improve on that.

• DanR said:

@kjayhawks that was a dumb stretch for sure. Dotson dribbled over to Grimes on the wing and there was no plan from there except try to get the ball to Dedric

haha…Watching Dotson and Grimes sometimes reminds me of watching biddy bball when the kids try so hard, make silly mistakes, and then look over like, “what did I just do!” Self just gets that crap eatin’ grin on his face, and shakes his head.

• Gawd I do have to remind myself how young these kids are right now. They have so much pressure.

• Mercy where would you start with this ? - -I mean your on the brink of being out of the big twelve race - after leading by 12 - -managing to be able to come back after being down by what like 4 with right at a minute left? - -get it to overtime

We have 3 guys foul out - -end the game with Dotson - -Obachi - - McCormack - -KJ - - & Moore - -somehow someway - manage to win. Show the guts of this team - might of grew up a lot possibly - -might be the turning point to help us carry through the rest of the season.

little things - - players stepping up that normally don’t play a part - – - -Mitch - - Again like 3 blocks - a few points - -just hustle - - -and most of all KJ - -you talk about steppin up big - man we needed that - - - - -then we have Devon - - & Obachi - -what we get from those two is just crazy - -actually asking for more then fair considering Freshmen - -but who else we got to deliver ? -to the rest of the league - - - - WERE STILL HERE -how many other of the league teams was pulling for TCU ? - - - - -ALL OF THEM - take that to the bank. - again as close as this was - - you would think these guys has to gain confidence out of this. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY-

• DanR said:

why would that be a flagrant foul?

He didn’t say it was flagrant. He said Dave risked one with that huge swing. If he connected with a head or neck, flagrant 1 for unnecessarily aggressive physical contact.

• Well, on to WVU who just kicked two starters off their team in AFH.

• One thing I loved about Dave was that Big rebound in OT. That was a Trob rebound, a man’s rebound!!!

• Devon Dotson: Okay, Max Legroom. You get yours. Meanwhile, I’m gonna go Hayden Pantiniere on TCU. Especially when they get froggy!

TCU: Ribbit. Ribbit.

• Good night all and Dream On. #15 is still alive…

• Even the frosh are better in the post game

• Dotson played the entire 45 minutes? Dude

• @kjayhawks - -Turnovers for sure but like the radio guys said look at his entire stat line for the night. - -not a SECOND off the floor - - -45 minutes - - 11 rebounds - - ELEVEN from your point guard - - like 3 steals - -forget how many assists if we didn’t have him - -people wouldn’t even be talking about his turnovers wouldn’t of mattered – we can’t afford to take him out - -on top of that those 6 turnovers wasn’t totally all his fault - not saying he didn’t make some costly turnovers - -But man this kid is playing pretty dang good over all - -it showed for sure. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• DanR said:

Dotson played the entire 45 minutes? Dude

Get that kid some ice? Hard fall too

• We still all convinced we got Devon next year? He was Frank part 2 tonight.

• @approxinfinity I am, his size isn’t what they want at the next level unfortunately for him. I bet hes here 3 years, at least I hope.

• approxinfinity said:

We still all convinced we got Devon next year? He was Frank part 2 tonight.

YA he will be here next year - - -anything after that is will be GRAVY – -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I am just glad the players didn’t become as negative as this board did when KU fell behind. Seems like it becomes a contest to see who is first to announce we are toast. Fortunately, the team noticed that over 2 mins were left in the game.

• Not sure I’ve ever said this before but Hook’em Horns tomorrow!

• @mayjay only two words brought us back from certain defeat… Kay. Jay.

• KJ was the man when he needed to be, he was huge against Tennessee as well. To me he’s Jamari Traylor 2.0, always goes hard but doesn’t always go smart. Hopefully he gets an ovation at AFH when he checks in he deserves it.

• Can’t spell “Jayhawk” without a K and a J

• DanR said:

Dotson played the entire 45 minutes? Dude

Ochai 41 minutes too.

bIlL sElF dOeSn’T pLaY fReShMeN

• @BShark I’m glad we only have 1 game in the next 12 days. Hopefully Garrett is back by then. I’d stay with this line up and let him come off the bench tho.

• kjayhawks said:

@BShark I’m glad we only have 1 game in the next 12 days. Hopefully Garrett is back by then. I’d stay with this line up and let him come off the bench tho.

And not that any game is a gimme for this team but it is against a limping WVU team in Allen then a full week off.

• @BShark I would sit Garrett again to be safe.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Great link! Team needed big boost!

• @Crimsonorblue22 A win like this with everything seeming against us coming in and late in the going is huge deal, big building block. The effort is really Key, we have looked good for much of 3 of the last 4. The only bad looking game was one where we got out hustled and didnt have the effort. Once again Effort is where it starts, play hard and good things happen my friends.

• A roadie! There’s still hope. Thought we were on our way to an epic collapse after that 12 point lead disappeared. Victory!

— so what was the deal with Lawson and Self? Lawson was out of sorts tonight.

— I expect Dotson to announce his run for president any time now. Think he’d get the state of Kansas?

— soooo close to a walk-on getting PT in crunch time. Whew. Although I am curious if Teahan can shoot…

— KJ gets a pass from criticism tonight. He made a couple very big buckets.

— The invisible man reappeared for one nice fast break pass. Then poof he was gone with his inconsistent jump shot. I’m just a schmuck on a couch, but to me it seems like Grimes can’t get the ball to come off the right spot in his hand when shooting. It’s in his palm when he misses, and he pushes it.

— I’m thinking Ochai for VP under the Dotson presidency. Self could be Chief of Staff.

— Love how Ochai hits the boards like a man. Hoping it will inspire Grimes to do the same.

— I think some games wouldn’t be as close if we valued the ball and possessions. Freshmen mistakes I guess.

• kjayhawks said:

@BShark I’m glad we only have 1 game in the next 12 days. Hopefully Garrett is back by then. I’d stay with this line up and let him come off the bench tho.

Me too. - -nothing really against Garrett at all , love his defense and we need that , but I just think with him in the starting rotation that his offensive or lack of I should say is just another negative to try and over come – would just fall back to where it is like 4-5 on the offensive end as other teams just so no respect on his J at all. - I mean even as bad as Q has been I think I’d STILL take him as in starting rotation because other teams still play him straight up, just think this starting line up is a better fit- - I still feel that like the chances of Q finally busting out of this almost season long shooting slump compared to Garrett finding any kind of shooting touch – is much better. - -Again I’m not trying to knock Marcus Garrett it’s just that - his shot is just ugly and their gonna double Dedric for sure when Marcus is there - -but he is a very good relief/backup – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• kjayhawks said:

@approxinfinity I am, his size isn’t what they want at the next level unfortunately for him. I bet hes here 3 years, at least I hope.

actually Devon is 6’2 - -bigger then Frank and we see what happened there – if Frank can make it - -Devon can also - - having said that I DO think Devon comes back next year , anything after that will be gravy , if he continues to progress next year like he has this 1 st year - -umm ya - -at this point I’d say without hesitation that Devon is further along then Frank was during his Freshmen year by quite a bit - -I just think right now at this present time - -there is probably with pretty quite sure confidence that Devon is here for 3 years – and fir sure no chance 4. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 Devon played almost as well as senior Frank last night. What an amazing performance. This is the kind of victory that can propel a team to greater heights, for sure. I am pumped up.

• kjayhawks said:

Not sure I’ve ever said this before but Hook’em Horns tomorrow!

Probably a lotta Rats excitedly cheering Shaka on tonite. These things remind me of the vitriolic things presidential primary candidates say about each other, only to become adoring acolytes when it serves their purpose!