2019 Spring Signing Day

• KU has inked 3 so far today. The big one is former Michigan commit Amauri Pesek-Hickson from Blue Valley North HS. Miles considers him to be a RB.

KU also inked Kannapolis, NC QB Jordan Medley. KU was his only P5 offer, but he did have offers from Air Force and Army so intelligence and character are going to no issue with him.

KU also signed CB Kenny Logan Jr. put of Menendez HS in St. Augustine, FL. Logan had offers from a dozen P5 schools along with some top G5 schools like UCF and USF.

Steven Parker has yet to sign, but should happen at some point.

• Velton Gardner has also committed and signed. Was committed to Texas Tech. Today has been a great day for KU football!

• Interesting that we signed 3 QBs and already have 2 on the roster. I still think Carter Stanley could be the guy

• Woodrow said:

Velton Gardner has also committed and signed. Was committed to Texas Tech. Today has been a great day for KU football!

Amen! Need this after last night…

• we have had a really good class today - -like 8 guys today. - - I know guys it’s crazy - -but actually pretty pumped - - I know fan turnout is going to be a lot better next fall. - -I realize they haven’t play ONE down yet but MAN some of these guys are sweet and for sure can help turn this around. - -So jacked to have Coach Miles . Gardner is a stud – Parker Defensive player of the year out of Texas - -4 *

some things I caught while listening to the signing day special of ESPN plus - - I’m telling you I am really impressed by these Coaches , - Devis Jackson , Elliot - - just seem so connected - - personable - -looks like sound like they can really connect with the players - -Lol they were referring to the Defensive lineman Dajon Cherry - - the 6’4 350 lb lineman - -the Dancing Bear

Plus holy crap had no idea that Valerian Agbaw – runs a 4.28- 40 yard dash - - A FRICKEN 4.28- 40 that is just insane - -I’m thinking I like this initial class he brought on board in the amount of time - - gonna watch me some football lol - -3 QB’S - - @ WR – 2 RB’S - -and ELEVEN FR - - - ELEVEN - -got to love that - - -4 yr players - -that works for me. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• This as good of a class as could be expected given the circumstances.

• Flipped Gavin Potter from KSU. Good looking LB out of Oklahoma.

• Woodrow said:

Flipped Gavin Potter from KSU. Good looking LB out of Oklahoma.

No fucking way

• GAAAAHHHHT DAM LES

• I can not wait to see what the staff does with a full load of scholarships and a full year to recruit. 2020 could be something real special.

• The national people laughed when Les said he’d recruit well. He’s proving them wrong.

• Giving this class a 9/10 on paper. I was a tad underwhelmed by the early period guys, but Les and co. killed it and then some today. I’m not sure yet how they added this many guys (i.e. pulling counters from 2020) but all the guys are quality players. Love the focus on big, physical guys with tools. Les and his staff can develop talent, and we got as many talented guys as possible today. APH and Kenny Logan are prime examples. Flipping Potter was huge. Kid has a nonstop motor and fills a need on defense. Also love pulling all the DL. Les got more HS DL to sign today than Beaty did in 3 years. Going to move to OL in 2020. Bottom line, we needed an injection of talent at QB, WR, DL, LB, and DB and filled every single need with quality players.

• Up to 65 nationally with only 17 committs and in only like 2 months time basically lol. Absurd.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Giving this class a 9/10 on paper. I was a tad underwhelmed by the early period guys, but Les and co. killed it and then some today. I’m not sure yet how they added this many guys (i.e. pulling counters from 2020) but all the guys are quality players. Love the focus on big, physical guys with tools. Les and his staff can develop talent, and we got as many talented guys as possible today. APH and Kenny Logan are prime examples. Flipping Potter was huge. Kid has a nonstop motor and fills a need on defense. Also love pulling all the DL. Les got more HS DL to sign today than Beaty did in 3 years. Going to move to OL in 2020. Bottom line, we needed an injection of talent at QB, WR, DL, LB, and DB and filled every single need with quality players.

Yep. 4 HS DL from what I can see. A couple JUCO guys as well who will hopefully be ready to contribute.

• I’ll also say I don’t anticipate most of this class to contribute right away. I think we’ll try to RS as many as possible, especially the guys that haven’t played much and/or are switching positions. Need to start building long-term ASAP. The JuCo guys and Parker will play right away, but RS’ing almost everyone else is possible.

• This is a great class for KU. You always run the risk when you make a new hire that you won’t have time to recruit that year. Miles did not allow that to happen. Excellent job by Miles and the entire staff.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

I’ll also say I don’t anticipate most of this class to contribute right away. I think we’ll try to RS as many as possible, especially the guys that haven’t played much and/or are switching positions. Need to start building long-term ASAP. The JuCo guys and Parker will play right away, but RS’ing almost everyone else is possible.

I will absolutely be patient. But I have some expectations that Les turns this ship around pretty quickly. I agree basically that whole class should redshirt. But I’m also not so sure Les can’t win 4-5 games this year with the roster we have. He definitely seems to have a plan and is sticking to that plan.

• I’m enthused, keep ‘em coming Les!

• If Les would’ve had this team last year in the spring thru the summer, we won 7 games IMO. Hell Beaty won 3 and gave away 3 (Nichols, KSU and Texas).

• Here is video of Les Miles going over the new recruiting class. I flat love this guy- this guy conducts himself on a higher level than Beatty could. The difference is pretty stark. Watch him handle the press conference:

• Kcmatt7 said:

Up to 65 nationally with only 17 committs and in only like 2 months time basically lol. Absurd.

It’s just insane. - - Getting Parker is HUGE a 4 * - DPOY out of Texas - - Garner is another Pooka - - blazing speed really explosive - - Flipping porter - -him say Okla , & Okla St gonna regret letting him get out of state - -gotta love that attitude - -keeping him away from K-State - - -Parchment sweet catch big receiver - -then Agbaw just can’t get over that 4.28 - - 40 yd dash - - can’t teach speed.

Les was ask if he had a thing about not starting Freshmen. - He responded and said he had NO problems playing freshmen - -saying he wanted THE BEST players at every position - -Freshmen or not. - - Love that attitude. -then that kicker - he said tonight on his hawk talk recruiting day special - -they just got his commit like in the last ten hours. - -Showed his video where he kick 15 straight Field goals of 50 yards plus - -can hit from up to 60 yards - - -. - - Coach got big - -went big - -saying he just feels a lot of times you have to win with big players - like 6-4 - - 6-5 receivers - - – Then we have our wall - Dl - - - -Dajon Terry – 6’4 - -350 lbs - -GOOD GOD - -a mountain – They have his nickname - -I guess his Nickname is Dancing Bear lmao - - -gotta love it

• FarmerJayhawk said:

I’ll also say I don’t anticipate most of this class to contribute right away. I think we’ll try to RS as many as possible, especially the guys that haven’t played much and/or are switching positions. Need to start building long-term ASAP. The JuCo guys and Parker will play right away, but RS’ing almost everyone else is possible.

you won’t see them red shirting Velton Gardner from what I’m reading = = seeing - - another Pooka - -blazing speed -guy is nuts

• Well spent pretty much the entire day following this spring signing day from 10:30 this morning till 7 tonight - -off an on.

One of the things that really impressed me in this guys? - - MAN - -it’s the staff - -they did interviews with a lot of the Coach’s - -and I’m letting you know these guys really impress the hell out of me. Elliot - - Jackson - I think dam what’s his name - - Drake ? - -these guys seem very outgoing - -very personable - -these guys seem like they would be very easy as a player to be able to connect with , as a player would love to play for - -they all seem to have that edge - -just that little mojo - little bit of arrogance - just enough but not to much - -just came of with a very good feel of impression from them. - -Got a feeling we have the makings to really get this thing turned around- - I’m PHYSCHED - -STOKED - -ready for fall - -let’s do this. – -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• The Kansas brand helped us tremendously.” Miles said Wednesday. “It stands for academics. It stands for great athletics. It’s just tremendous for us. … It’s a place with a lot to offer and I think we sold that great.”

Love the quote.

• They out hittin it already. - – We have 150 offers out all ready. - -Lots of 4 star offers – -10 QB offers already - - – 44 Wide Receivers offers - -14 Offensive line - - - - 18 Defensive Line - - - - - -we have others I’m just not through getting through tem yet

• This was as good a recruiting class as Miles could have put together. Definitely looks like a zone read based offense is coming to Lawrence based on signing 3 mobile QB’s combined with Koenning’s typical version of the spread offense.

• Video showing high school tapes of our signees, and Les commenting about them Real good stuff :

• @KUSTEVE I enjoyed that!