The les miles effect in recruiting

• Hey so I wanted to start a thread 100% dedicated to any new information on recruiting I’ve been scouring the internet and it looks like Les Miles is close to flipping jayden Russell. So if you are in any of the paid sites online and have any info drop it here

• Jayden isn’t committed anywhere right now so he wouldn’t be a flip, but it does sound like he is close to committing to KU.

• What if I told you he was a silent commit.

• @BShark theres also a 4 star lb thats granted les an in home visit

• The Miles affect should really be felt in the 2020 class. He’s getting such a late start in 2019, particularly with lots of guys already signed during the national signing day in November. I think he can salvage this class, but its the 2020 class where he can make his mark and potentially turn KU around.

He should at least see if Daniel Jackson would be interested in coming to Lawrence and should try and keep Turner Corcoran in town, but he should have an all out effort to get Ky Thomas (Jackson is probably heading to Notre Dame, and Corcoran is rumored to be heading to Ohio State - Thomas is not currently linked to anywhere). That’s a kid he cannot lose in 2020. He won’t be the star of the class, but if Miles can’t get local kids like that to come to KU, it’s hard to see how he can get enough out of state talent to come to build the program.

• just read that the # 6 Inside Linebacker in the Nation is going to visit KU. - - -his name is Dante Starks -it was in the VIP so couldn’t read entire article but did se this - -maybe we got a chance? ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Effect*

• The next couple days are going to be fun, guys

• FarmerJayhawk said:

The next couple days are going to be fun, guys

Commit train about to start chuggin.

• I think at least 3 pop this week. Maybe more if you include PWO’s.

• Mason Fairchild just committed. KS kid.

• @Woodrow I’m not familiar with Fairchild. Do you have additional information about him, like position, etc.?

• stoptheflop said:

@Woodrow I’m not familiar with Fairchild. Do you have additional information about him, like position, etc.?

TE. From Andale. That’s a KSUtard area iirc.

• It will be interesting to see how his early signing period goes for us, I’ll remind everyone that this is the early period so if we only sign 3 or 4 guys, there is no reason to panic. Gosh when is the last time we were all talking about KU football in December in excitement. I’m still ticked about Pooka and I think it will hurt badly but he doesn’t need to be here if he is guilty of the charges.

• @stoptheflop he was committed to North Dakota St. he’s a big kid 6’5. Not sure if he will project to a TE or possibly DE.

• Woodrow said:

@stoptheflop he was committed to North Dakota St. he’s a big kid 6’5. Not sure if he will project to a TE or possibly DE.

South Dakota

• Jayden Russell to KU.

• @kjayhawks real talk man

• @FarmerJayhawk I can’t remember how long it has been since I’ve been this stoked about our KU football. - True not a single down has been played YET but oh the possibilities of a much more competitive program returning back is something nice to think about

I guess Dineen & Garber sit together last night - -and have been twitting about package deal - - - I’m hearing now that our chances for Legendre has went from NO CHANCE -to as good as chance as anyone. - -heard too that since Les has taken over that over 100 kids have Contacted Les with other D-1 offers

Every thing I’m hearing that we are right there with this 4 * line backer , sitting pretty good with the 3 * receiver -should be interesting in this next week - - - I truly think we are going to land multiple recruits for the early signing

Wouldn’t it be great to have our regular kick ass band have a very solid - -competitive Football team at the same time? – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BShark i think hes already locked up look em up on 247 sports

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

The next couple days are going to be fun, guys

Commit train about to start chuggin.

I HAVE TO SAY - - - -ME LIKE LOL - - -ME LIKE ALOT

• I would bet on Valerian Agbaw JR committing to KU as well. He visits on the 14th. Chevis Jackson was all over him when Jackson was at Ball State.

• BShark said:

Jayden Russell to KU.

HELL to the Crimson & Blue - -rootie toot - -been waiting for this - -now if we could land Dineen & Garber - -would be sweet. - - ROCK CHALK AL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 Russell + Agbaw is the start of a toughhhhh secondary.

KU is going hard to flip Garber too.

• BShark said:

I would bet on Valerian Agbaw JR committing to KU as well. He visits on the 14th. Chevis Jackson was all over him when Jackson was at Ball State.

From what I’ve seen and been reading - -sounds pretty stoked on KU

• BShark said:

@jayballer73 Russell + Agbaw is the start of a toughhhhh secondary.

I think we flip Garber - - would be sweet -really want DAX too though

• Agbaw will announce January 9th. He just posted this on his twitter account.

• Pretty sure Garber and Jax are going to be Jayhawks. The KSU situation is not great right now.

• I LOVE JAYDEN ALREADY. GAHHHHHTTTTT DAMMMMMMMMN.

“I want to change the culture,” Russell said, asked what he’d like KU fans to know about him. “As a person, I want them to know that as soon as I come here, we’re going to change the culture and we’re going to change everything. We’re going to start winning games and we’re going to run Kansas.”

He continued.

“Like, K-State’s not even going to be in the question anymore.” Russell said. "So I just hope people know that.”

• BShark said:

@jayballer73 Russell + Agbaw is the start of a toughhhhh secondary.

That’s not the start of one, that’s the continuation of one. Co Harris was the start.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 No ✈ zone.

• You would think we have a fair shot at flipping Garber with KSU not announcing a hire to this point. Also we should should try and flip Javier Derritt a 2 star DT that was teammates with Russel and currently is committed to NDSU. I’d to get a couple of 4 star guys but we must sign 15 players at this point, the best of which we can get.

• Probably going to land Thomas MacVittle, a JuCo QB. #1 pro style JuCo QB per 247. I consider him more of a dual threat guy. VERY athletic for his size (6’5 230) and has been consistently clocked under 4.6.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Probably going to land Thomas MacVittle, a JuCo QB. #1 pro style JuCo QB per 247. I consider him more of a dual threat guy. VERY athletic for his size (6’5 230) and has been consistently clocked under 4.6.

I was hoping KU could get back in with Legendre but I would bet this JUCO kid is better than anybody KU has on the roster at QB.

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Probably going to land Thomas MacVittle, a JuCo QB. #1 pro style JuCo QB per 247. I consider him more of a dual threat guy. VERY athletic for his size (6’5 230) and has been consistently clocked under 4.6.

I was hoping KU could get back in with Legendre but I would bet this JUCO kid is better than anybody KU has on the roster at QB.

They’re in it with LeGendre. I don’t think he’d be ready to go as a true freshman. Would be a stopgap kind of thing while we figure out of LeGendre can develop QB skills.

• @FarmerJayhawk Getting both would be amazing.

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Was reading off the phog . and was thinking this before I saw a couple of responses from it. - -Some people were saying we land MacVittle , has 4.5 speed running the 440 - and we could redshirt Legendre.

I was thinking and then seen multiple responses stating the same and that is - - There is no way Legendre commits to a school and red shirts , to good for that to happen. so the best case scenario to come from this would be to land one or the other. - -Don’t believe we could have a chance to land both.

• We might not get numbers in 2019. But we might still end up with more quality talent in a single class than we maybe have ever seen.

• Miles looks like he will be able to flip some kids.

Ideally, this means we have some backups and foundational guys in this class, with the stars and starters on the next bowl team predominantly coming in next year when Miles has a full year to recruit.

The current KSU situation helps as well, because all of the cracks that KSU has been papering over for years with Snyder are about to come out for the whole world to see. KSU could be heading for some really rough years on the gridiron.

• @jayballer73 we aint gonna land both

• fsu had an update about Legendre. KU, Tennessee & FSU the main 3 for him. He won’t sign until the late period.

• Saw some film on MacVittle - --I think I like - - I think I like a lot. - - nice touch , throws a nice intermediate ball - -can drop it in - -surprising faster then I thought - - nice wheels - -just looks really solid. - -Very nice size - no worries about having to try and throw over DL - -6’5 and 225 lbs - - runs a 4.5 pretty decent speed - -wouldn’t hurt my feelings at all. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Les needs to give Bubba Starling a call. See if he’s ready to end his baseball career yet.

• 0_1544483089826_upload-cb13c12c-b7d4-4adf-ba6f-60d8951c6724

• I’m just gonna be honest Jucos scare me a bit I think 2 or 3 is okay but if we get crazy with them as did Weis and Beaty even at times it will hurt scholarship numbers.

• kjayhawks said:

I’m just gonna be honest Jucos scare me a bit I think 2 or 3 is okay but if we get crazy with them as did Weis and Beaty even at times it will hurt scholarship numbers.

We’re in a bit of a bind for next year anyway, though. We don’t have very many commits (still less than 5). We need to sign at least 16 or 17 guys total. We can’t afford to sign only 8 or 9 guys just to stick with HS players. If we have to take 7 or 8 juco guys to fill out this year’s roster, so be it.

I do agree that long term, we have to look at HS players, but for this upcoming season, we have to get numbers on campus.

• MacVittie looks like a stud on film. Of course everyone does on their highlights. But he looks big and athletic. Would be happy landing him.

• https://twitter.com/soni_fonua

This guy got an offer as well.

• I hope they go after Cooper Beebe with Snyder out now. Kid has the genes.