MILES IS NEW COACH

• kjayhawks said:

@jayballer73 Supposedly season ticket holds are already calling in to renew and several former members of the Williams fund are looking to get back in from what I’ve seen and heard. Our attendance will be the highest its been since at least 2010 next season.

I understand opioid use is down in Lawrence as people anticipate easing of their pain.

• follow up on the two possibles I mentioned. - the 4 * wide receiver out of Arkansas said: the Hiring of Les Miles hiring — opens Doorway to KU - - -the 3 * LB - -said he grew up loving LSU football and has been a fan of Les Miles. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Les Miles has a Dos Equis ad? Awesome!

• @Gorilla72 Yeah I just saw that. Cool !

• @JayHawkFanToo Has Les ever been on probation before?

• @BShark

No, and I hope he does not start now. If ant place can tempt a coach to take shortcuts to improve from its current condition, KU would be it.

• Well, everyone is doing it. What should we expect from Miles. We just want him to win right?

• @JayHawkFanToo

I assume based on what you’ve said about Brown then that you are as nervous as I am whenever he is around. He and CS have seemed pretty tight over the years. There’s definitely a part of me that has never liked that.

• @cragarhawk

Yes, Brown was Coach Self’s mentor so they will always have that relationship. He does some scouting with Coach Self and from the basketball perspective I am sure he is a good person to have but from the administrative part he makes me very nervous.

• Well wonder exactly how much fire there is behind the smoke? UNC Coach - -Fedora - -lots of talk about him coming to KU to be Miles OC.

According to Brett Fredlauder - -Will be Les 1st hire. - - -( Run heavy spread guy ) - -with some spread option - depending on situation -AnyBody? - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Does anyone know if any other school in the NCAA have 2 active coaches with a ring in football and basketball?

• Statmachine said:

Does anyone know if any other school in the NCAA have 2 active coaches with a ring in football and basketball?

MIZZOU

Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah…I crack myself up.

• Statmachine said:

Does anyone know if any other school in the NCAA have 2 active coaches with a ring in football and basketball?

North Carolina now.

• @Woodrow

I was just about to type that, but you beat me to it.

• Man I have some short comings – I know that , BUT dammit man -wouldn’t you think Les would have the guys for his Coach’s lined up by now or is at least done pondering them and now trying to get them on board and get this thing rolling?

he needs to be getting the guys out and hittin the trail and trying to get some guys on board. - He gonna lose what little advantage he has for what’s left - -or for flipping some guys - -we need to Rock - -let’s get going see whats still available. - -we gotta get rollin.- -ready to see some names.

So do we think Pooka will come back? - -he would be a big boost getting him to stay. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 It’s entirely possible Miles choices for coordinators are still this weekend. Alabama’s QB coach is one of the rumored names to be OC so he wouldn’t be available to be announced until after today. If it’s Jedd Fisch, he may not be available to commit to KU full time until January.

• Thank God Vick came thru in the clutch, it would’ve been a bad omen having lost with Les in the house after being announced at the half.

• kjayhawks said:

Thank God Vick came thru in the clutch, it would’ve been a bad omen having lost with Les in the house after being announced at the half.

Did they announce him at the half? - - I didn’t watch that

• @jayballer73 The bird mascot presented him with some Kansas grass to chew on.

• I sure wish Coach Miles had spent Saturday afternoon hiring top quality assistant coaches and recruiting players instead of hanging around Allen Fieldhouse. Is anyone else surprised by the lack of announcements of coaches and recruits by this time? He’s likely known since Long was hired last summer that he was going to be KU’s next coach. On the positive side, he’s very young looking for 65. 10-15 years younger by looks.

• @stoptheflop

I am not surprised. Many of the candidates are likely coaching teams that are still playing and announcements will not happen until they are done; just professional courtesy.

• @JayHawkFanToo Do you think any KU representative is actively recruiting? As far as I know, only Miles is employed by KU Football. We need a QB, defensive linemen, linebackers, wide receivers and on and on. If I was Coach Miles, I would have already announced the retention of Tony Hull and had him out recruiting.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@stoptheflop

I am not surprised. Many of the candidates are likely coaching teams that are still playing and announcements will not happen until they are done; just professional courtesy.

It is considered an acceptable practice to hire an assistant away between the end of the regular season and a team’s bowl game. Some coaches choose to stay with their previous team through the bowl game, some leave for their new job immediately, and some double dip.

That said, the names currently being tossed around the most to fill the coordinator spots are Jeff Monken who is the current offensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Monken was the Oklahoma State OC in 2011 for that team that won the Big 12 and put up 7,000 yards of offense. He was also on staff at LSU under Miles for 2 years and was previously the HC at So. Miss where he turned around the Golden Eagles.

At DC, there are two names being g rumored strongly for the job. One is Phil Bennett who was most recently the DC ar Arizona State under Todd Graham. The knock on him is his ties to the Art Briles scandal at Baylor as he was Briles DC for a long time as well.

The other name being rumored the strongest along with Bennett is Clint Bowen. The defense was better this year and Bowen did make significant changes to his scheme this year, so we’ll see. My thoughts on that are I’d rather see a new face take over the defense and let Bowen prove himself elsewhere first and then come back later on if he’s successful elsewhere.

There are also 4 other assistants rumored to be in serious consideration to be retained along with Bowen. RB coach Tony Hull, WR coach Justin Johnson, OLine coach AJ Ricker, and TE/FB coach Garrett Riley.

That could also be a reason why Miles hasn’t announced any hires yet officially because he is retaining some of the current staff who are handling the recruiting while Miles finalizes his coordinators.

• @stoptheflop

As far as I know, Beaty is the only one that has been told he will not be coaching, all the other coaches and personnel are still technically employed and should be doing what is expected of their positions. I read somewhere that Bowen and Hull have been recruiting.