Poor Silvio

• Ya, my mistake. I heard it said by multiple posters on a different site and assumed they weren’t all wrong.

Still have my fingers crossed.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich I’m glad you’ve got your ear the the rail, just having fun with it. I’m hopeful too.

• approxinfinity said:

@KirkIsMyHinrich I’m glad you’ve got your ear the the rail, just having fun with it. I’m hopeful too.

You’re good. I don’t take anything anyone here says personally except for @BShark. And if BShark says anything I’ll just burn his house down tbh.

• Apparently KU has not declared DeSousa ineligible at this point since he has traveled with the team. NCAA rules would not allow him to travel had he been declared ineligible. If you read the statement carefully it states that KU prepared to declare him ineligible, not that they have done so. Obviously things are still some distance from being worked out.

• Exactly. As I’ve mentioned before, this is solely KU’s decision to hold him out. KU just wants affirmation that they will receive no penalties if they play SDS.

• Let’s all hope he brought his uniform! 👍🏻

• I’m not sure that’s right about taking ineligible players ? WSU takes teddy buckets-the West Virginia player declared ineligible, but I thought they said it was determined by the school about traveling. I’ve been wrong before.

• @SouthernHawk Which statement?

The statement made yesterday by Silvio’s attorney Scott Tompsett said:

“It’s time for the NCAA to be fair to Silvio and immediately reinstate his eligibility.”

Implying that Silvio was ineligible at the time that statement was released.

• Previously, on Monday, a report from Seth Davis of the Athletic emerged that suggested KU could be moving forward with the process regarding the investigation into De Sousa’s eligibility by declaring him ineligible and asking the NCAA for reinstatement. Davis also made an “educated guess” that De Sousa would be “likely,” but “far from definite” to play in the Jayhawks’ next game against West Virginia.

This is what I meant by he was eligible and that we were declaring ineligible so we could move on declaring time spent sitting was enough!

• I hope that made sense?🤔

• @Crimsonorblue22 Sure. But that report from Davis was published on Monday the 14th, 3 days prior to the statement from Tompsett.

• My understanding is that when there is a serious question about eligibility the NCAA and the school put a hold on the player’s eligibility status pending the school’s investigation, and then the findings are submitted. Then the NCAA makes its own review and determination.

Playing a player in a hold status means you are playing a player not determined to be eligible. At best, you can only hope to get away with it if all the facts completely dispel any questions about eligibility, but I think that even in those circumstances a school commits a new violation.

The NCAA determines every athlete’s eligibility. Until an athlete is declared eligible, you cannot play him. Silvio’s back at square one in this process.

• Guys I just feel and believe me I would hope to have Silvio – just like you , but we need to just realize , it’s not going to happen. - -Things just get crazy sometimes - -someone hears something and things blow up and people just run wild with it. - -It’s not going to happen guys.

If he hasn’t hit the floor by now at this stage in the season - - -he is not going to , The NCAA doesn’t give a tinkers dam about the kid/any kid - -gonna be their demise . - - I want him to/just not happening.

I have read of the phog , people on there making statements such as OH WELL they probably just not gonna say anything and then we see him in the line up Saturday – Coach Self just being quiet. – Really? - -what is your foundation for that statement? - -I mean what does Coach have to gain on us by Saying I have heard exactly Nothing - -Nothing at all? - -what does he have to gain by telling his fans that when Silvio is ready to play? - -he has nothing to gain - -why would he lie to us about something like that - -he doesn’t, I just think we have what we have to finish this year – I think we have seen the last of Silvio on a KU floor sad to say but I think he leaves at the end of the year when the dust is settled - -thanks to the NCAA - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• A good article that summarizes the SDS status. Quotes from Self regarding KU’s choice to withhold SDS from competition.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/silvio-de-sousa-kansas-ncaa-update-suspended-ineligible-fbi-trials-money-jayhawks-college

• Yes, but with the news yesterday about his attorney, the KC Star said earlier this week he was deemed ineligible by KU. And I’m pretty sure only eligible players can travel. I could be totally off though. From Top cap journalist

I was told it was a schools decision about an ineligible player traveling w/team. We usually don’t take them. But our transfers went with us last year. Guess that’s different.

• Hes in street clothes not playing today

• @Crimsonorblue22 Basically just in limbo. At this point the NCAA decides his fate

• @BeddieKU23 True. Of course we could have been playing him all along. We chose not to, and probably (obviously) wisely. The NCAA, much more importantly, will decide our fate.

I wonder how quickly the NCAA would have moved if we had played him?

• HighEliteMajor said:

@BeddieKU23 True. Of course we could have been playing him all along. We chose not to, and probably (obviously) wisely. The NCAA, much more importantly, will decide our fate.

I wonder how quickly the NCAA would have moved if we had played him?

It would have screwed up their plan to deal with the teams after the season. Cant mess with the money involved here…

• Always factor in that the Tourney makes 95% of the NCAAs revenue. A tourney without Zion is not good for business.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Always factor in that the Tourney makes 95% of the NCAAs revenue. A tourney without Zion is not good for business.

Imagine if they lose in the first round or opening weekend. lol

• BeddieKU23 said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Always factor in that the Tourney makes 95% of the NCAAs revenue. A tourney without Zion is not good for business.

Imagine if they lose in the first round or opening weekend. lol

Oh I’m sure someone is cooking up a way to get Duke a new PG midsesason lol. A college player with 2M Instagram followers is cash money. Duke will get an absurd path this season imo. Of all the years for bias, this is the one.

• @Kcmatt7

We will prolly be their 2 seed. They wouldn’t dare put Tennessee, Michigan or Gonzaga in their path. Of course Virginia wont be in their way either

• BeddieKU23 said:

@Kcmatt7

We will prolly be their 2 seed. They wouldn’t dare put Tennessee, Michigan or Gonzaga in their path. Of course Virginia wont be in their way either

Probably in Anaheim so they can add a bunch of shitty west coast teams

• Last week the board was EXCITED that Silvio would be playing against WVU or at least Iowa State. Now it’s Silvio who? What gives?

• @colohawks reality sunk in that the NCAA moves at a glacial pace at best and that pace slows as you move west.

• https://twitter.com/cjmoorehoops/status/1089279754417647617?s=21

Seth is obviously getting his info from someone at KU. Let’s hope he and they are right.

• I hope Davis is right this time.

• We keep hearing that crap!

• Where the hell does Davis get his information from? - -he has to be getting it from some where - -I’ll believe it when I see it - -don’t bet on it. - -I think he like to see KU fans get all worked up with hope – - who in the hell is telling him things – - what is his information that makes him think that?

• Free Silvio!

• Free KU from eligibility issues!

• @dylans At this point I believe that is the key to #15 and any hopes of a tourney run beyond the Sweet 16. Was disappointed all the whispers last week amounted to nada.

• CJ Moore from the Athletic is saying KU is expecting a answer on Silvio this week.

• Woodrow said:

CJ Moore from the Athletic is saying KU is expecting a answer on Silvio this week.

I was reading from a guy off the LJW where he posted the link - - Seen it also. - -Saying that Silvio 's case was complicated - But the School stated that they ( KU ) - -expects a decision sometime this week and possibly as even as early as today.

Said there had been a lot of talk back and forth but appears the was significant progress made last week. Educated guess is Silvio WILL be in uniform by the time KU host Texas Tech Saturday but also a decent chance he will play at Texas Tuesday, - -Saying we should have a resolution very soon.

I know guys I’ll believe it when I see it BUT maybe there is some truth to it – seems to be quite a bit of smoke coming from different people/places we shall see - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Not like our season is riding on this or anything.

• GOOD THING ALL OF THIS WILL BE OVER WITH

• @jayballer73 FREE SILVIO…

• KUSTEVE said:

@jayballer73 FREE SILVIO…

✊🏻 ✊🏼 ✊🏿 ✊🏼 ✊🏻 ✊🏿✊🏾

• Miami’s Dewan Hernandez is suspended this whole year and 40% of next year for accepting benefits from a agent. ( I am not familiar with his case)

However, this might be a step in the right direction into actually getting some answer on Silvio.

• Seth Davis seems to be retracting his earlier stance on believing Silvio will be playing soon.

https://twitter.com/SethDavisHoops/status/1089965420176728064

Just seems like the NCAA is prolonging this BS for no other reason than a power play. Give the kid an answer already!

• On the bright side for the 19-20 season, Hernandez from Miami will be able to play half of next season…

So it looks like we will at least get Silvio for next season.

Maybe, just maybe, the silver lining in all of this is that next year’s team ends up what this year’s team should have been… Of course that all depends on the decisions of Dedric and Doke.

• So if what I read is correct it looks like all Hernandez did was let a agent pay for his hotel room… ( approx $500) If that is the case there is no way Silvio is getting cleared.

And if he is declared ineligible for the rest of the year and or any part of next year he is going to turn pro I would think.

• According to the facts of the case, which were agreed upon by the university, Hernandez agreed to receive monthly payments from an agent and accepted other benefits from the individual. According to the guidelines adopted by NCAA membership, the starting point for these violations is permanent ineligibility, but the NCAA staff recognized mitigating circumstances based on the specific facts of the case when making its decision.

• The difference between Silvio and Hernandez is that Hernandez allegedly entered into the agreement himself, whereas Silvio reportedly did not know about the money received on his behalf. That may be the mitigating factor, but the NCAA is trying to look like they are hard-lining this “corruption” so who knows what they will do.

• @Kcmatt7 We should have most of the team back.

• @KUSTEVE If we returned everyone except Vick and Charlie Moore, we could be a scary bunch.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@KUSTEVE If we returned everyone except Vick and Charlie Moore, we could be a scary bunch.

Charlie moore is not goning anywere