Other Games Tonight

• There are a couple good games tonight as well.

UCONN / Syracuse

Ohio St. / Creighton

Wichita St. / Davidson

Oregon / Iowa

• @Woodrow

His seat is very hot. Barring a noticeable improvement over last season, Danny is likely out at Wake Forest.

• Woodrow said:

I wonder how much longer Danny is going to survive at Wake. They are currently getting drilled by St. Joes.

lost by 20. ouchy

• @Woodrow I wouldn’t think very long, but they also extended him out for a good chunk of change… So who knows.

• I think Manning might have already been gone if Jaylen Hoard jumped ship from his last class. I knew it was going to be difficult for Danny when he unexpectedly lost his starting backcourt

• Process KT if necessary to bring back Danny. If not required, keep KT and find room for Danny on the staff if he wants to come back.

• Director of Basketball Operations. Welcome back, Danny…

• KUSTEVE said:

Director of Basketball Operations. Welcome back, Danny…

Whatever is required. He does excellent work with bigs… Dave could really use his tutelage.

• @Kcmatt7

I don’t get why programs extend contracts of marginal coaches with limited appeal. I get they want to send a message to recruits that the coach is safe but in the process the extend the stay of a poor or marginal coach or get themselves along term financial liability

• @JayHawkFanToo at the time I liked the extension for them. He was recruiting well and everything seemed on the rise for the program. But it does appear that Danny really did luck into his run with Tulsa and that he isn’t much of a HC.

• BShark said:

Process KT if necessary to bring back Danny. If not required, keep KT and find room for Danny on the staff if he wants to come back.

that’s what I was wondering , where would we find a position for him? - -Would love to have him working with the Big men like he use to. - Question is would Danny come back in any kind of assistant role position after being the Head Coach at a couple of different schools now. – ROCK CHALK ALL DY LONG BABY

• I think we lucked out not landing Chukwu for Syracuse

• Kcmatt7 said:

I think we lucked out not landing Chukwu for Syracuse

Iirc KU passed.

• BShark said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Iirc KU passed.

Word is we actually asked him to walk-on. We were full on scholarships at the time. But Syracuse as a starter vs KU as a backup walk-on, it was an easy decision.

Edit: I have it on VERY good authority that’s how it went down.

• Kcmatt7 said:

BShark said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Iirc KU passed.

Word is we actually asked him to walk-on. We were full on scholarships at the time. But Syracuse as a starter vs KU as a backup walk-on, it was an easy decision.

Edit: I have it on VERY good authority that’s how it went down.

Ah, same difference then LOL.

• @BShark Lol fiar enough

• West Virginia is losing to Monmouth midway through the first half. Monmouth is 0-3…

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

West Virginia is losing to Monmouth midway through the first half. Monmouth is 0-3…

I avoided betting on this game today because I just don’t know that WVU can score.

• Kcmatt7 said:

KirkIsMyHinrich said:

West Virginia is losing to Monmouth midway through the first half. Monmouth is 0-3…

I avoided betting on this game today because I just don’t know that WVU can score.

They weren’t really a good scoring team last season. They relied on Carter and Miles forcing turnovers and scoring in transition. Now their backcourt sucks and they have to score a lot more in half-court sets.

• Davidson and the Shockers ties with 2 minutes to go.

• Woodrow said:

Davidson and the Shockers ties with 2 minutes to go.

Down 5 just friggin banked a guarded 3. Davidson will have to hit their FTs most likely to secure a win.

• Davidson won by 4.

• Iowa up 48-38 on Oregon with 12:00 in the 2nd half. The Big Ten is lowkey crushing it lately.

• Bol Bol has 14 points on 5/10 shooting for Oregon. 0/1 on 3’s. 5 rebounds and only one foul. He’s not nearly aggressive enough.

• Gorilla72 said:

Bol Bol has 14 points on 5/10 shooting for Oregon. 0/1 on 3’s. 5 rebounds and only one foul. He’s not nearly aggressive enough.

He needed a coach that would drive him. Dana Altman ain’t it. He would have clashed with Self or Cal but have potentially turned out better for it.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich

Iowa is interesting. Have some 4 star talent and experience. Might be coming together finally.

• Zags crushed Texas A&M by 23. A&M has hit hard times after that fire sale they had last season

• Uconn has good guards and last night they were teeing it up for 3, 9 of 14 from their trio. Both teams were horrendous in the post, horrendous

Jalen Carey is everything I thought he’d be. Really wanted him at KU. Had 26 last night. Didn’t know he was a Cuse fan growing up and grew up close to campus. Makes sense why he ended up there.

• TCU still without Noi & Fisher. Fresno St gave them a game. TCU desperately needs its starters back to do anything this year

• BeddieKU23 said:

Zags crushed Texas A&M by 23. A&M has hit hard times after that fire sale they had last season

Gonzaga Duke is the game we need.

• The MSM darling ACC went 2-2 yesterday, ranked 3 after the Big 10 and Big 12.

• @JayHawkFanToo May be a bit too early to really compare conferences. ACC has 5 losses total among 15 teams - only 2 of those probably rate as “bad” losses. B12 has 3 losses among its 10 teams, and all are bad losses. Very few quality wins by either conference. B12 has quality wins over MSU and… maybe Arkansas? ACC has wins over Kentucky and Florida and… maybe Stanford? Several big non-conference match-ups over the holidays that may provide a better gauge of relative strength. The problem for the B12, which has too often been the case, is not enough of our schools schedule many games against the Power 5 schools. KU has a tough schedule - really no cupcakes - and, probably to Kruger’s regret, OU has a killer schedule. Some of the B12’s ostensibly better teams don’t play anyone of note until conference games start.

• Oregon just handed Syracuse a beating. Hopefully the Orange fall out of the Top 25 after losing to UConn and Oregon. Bol Bol finished with 26 points and 9 rebounds. Jim Boeheim’s son, Buddy Boeheim, actually played meaningful minutes in a game with two Top 15 teams and shared a court with Bol Bol. He finished with 3 points on 1-5 shooting.

WSU would have lost to Appalachian St if App St. could make their free throws.

• DCHawker said:

@JayHawkFanToo May be a bit too early to really compare conferences. ACC has 5 losses total among 15 teams - only 2 of those probably rate as “bad” losses. B12 has 3 losses among its 10 teams, and all are bad losses. Very few quality wins by either conference. B12 has quality wins over MSU and… maybe Arkansas? ACC has wins over Kentucky and Florida and… maybe Stanford? Several big non-conference match-ups over the holidays that may provide a better gauge of relative strength. The problem for the B12, which has too often been the case, is not enough of our schools schedule many games against the Power 5 schools. KU has a tough schedule - really no cupcakes - and, probably to Kruger’s regret, OU has a killer schedule. Some of the B12’s ostensibly better teams don’t play anyone of note until conference games start.

Ostensibly … word up.

• @DCHawker

The day before Notre Dame and BC were upset by Redford and IUPUI. #15 Syracuse has now lost 2 games in a row.

• WKU beat WVU by 6…

• Wvu can’t score. There is a ton of bad basketball being played right now.

• Oklahoma St. with a bad loss, the flagrant foul against them at the end was pretty trash though. Baylor with a bad loss, but has won 3 straight since. Everyone else unblemished except for West Virginia. Pick it up, Huggy bear.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich

Agreed on the Oklahoma State foul call at the end of the game; clear example of the refs determining the outcome of games.

It is going to be long season for Huggy. At this time bottom half of the conference seem the likely result. Texas might be the biggest beneficiary since it might move it to top half of the conference and make Smart’s seat less hot.

• BShark said:

WKU beat WVU by 6…

Might be a Long year - -So is this a three team race this year? - -It is beginning to look like it might be a two team doggie race. - -KU - & K-State - -thought Huggy , stil way early but they struggling. - - I’m STILL not trippin on K-State - -they haven’t exactly been that impressive so far - -ya early but until last night and that was not exactly against some upper crust. - -I’m just not worried about them. They have all these upper classmen - -haven’t showed me mothing nrew - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• That Louisiana team could upset someone in the dance with the way they jack up threes.

• dylans said:

That Louisiana team could upset someone in the dance with the way they jack up threes.

Their coach said it’s not normal for them and that they changed their gameplan because of the way KU (doesn’t) guard.

• Good lord, Villanova is baaaaad.

• @BShark what channel?

• @Crimsonorblue22 Game is over. Furman won by 8 in OT at Nova.

• FURMAN

• @BShark just saw

• Wow. And some folks think we arent any good… It could be a lot worse right now.

• Hmmm. I’d take losing to Furman with a shiny NCAA title ring on the finger from last season. No doubt.

• HighEliteMajor said:

Hmmm. I’d take losing to Furman with a shiny NCAA title ring on the finger from last season. No doubt.

No NCAAT bid seasons okay? Jay has some of those. Not saying the goal shouldn’t be a title. Before his recent hot stretch, he had a couple hot seasons but lots of mediocrity and double digit loss seasons. Jay has had two 3 year stretches at Nova where if Self had them at KU people would be asking for his head. Let’s see if he can sustain an elite program.

I guess what I am asking is would you rather have Jay Wright than Bill Self? And I don’t think it’s an absurd question.