New 2019 Recruiting



  • @jayballer73

    Absolutely a concern. I’ll just leave it at that



  • @jayballer73

    KU is said to be recruiting Harlond Beverly and Tristan Enaruna as well.

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/harlond-beverly-199133

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/tristan-enaruna-233305

    If and when Miller gets fired at Zona there will be a free for all on their #1 ranked recruiting class as well.



  • Woodrow said:

    @jayballer73

    KU is said to be recruiting Harlond Beverly and Tristan Enaruna as well.

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/harlond-beverly-199133

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/tristan-enaruna-233305

    If and when Miller gets fired at Zona there will be a free for all on their #1 ranked recruiting class as well.

    Not sure how hard KU is going after Beverly (and I don’t think he would move the needle on next year’s squad) but Enaruna is really good. He’d be a really nice get if Hurt ends up at Duke.

    Agree on Arizona and I think Nnaji could end up at KU.

    RE Precious: pretty sure it’s basically known info that he is going to the highest bidder.



  • KU wants at least two more bigs assuming Dedric and Silvio leave.



  • @BShark That’s what I was afraid of -so we need to run from that situation with Precious



  • jayballer73 said:

    @BShark That’s what I was afraid of -so we need to run from that situation with Precious

    Not gonna happen. Self wants him bad.



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    jayballer73 said:

    @BShark That’s what I was afraid of -so we need to run from that situation with Precious

    Not gonna happen. Self wants him bad.

    As he should, imo. One of the very few game changing type recruits KU could get this class.



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    jayballer73 said:

    @BShark That’s what I was afraid of -so we need to run from that situation with Precious

    Not gonna happen. Self wants him bad.

    Bad enough to be put on probation - - if he has an handler and people talking about he going to highest bidder - - NO WAY



  • Eh, this is just how it works at this level of talent. Either play the game or have a team full of Mitch Lightfoot’s (Lightfeet?)



  • @FarmerJayhawk nope. - -you can still have really really good teams without having to pay people to come play - Why pay these guys and oh sure you win and then sooner then later it all get stripped away - -NOPE - -no thanks. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • @FarmerJayhawk I sure in the hell hope Bill has not lowered himself to that level -If he has then he needs to go. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • Duke is now recruiting Trendon Watford. Pretty sure they haven’t been on him until now. I know there is some Hurt and Duke smoke but wonder if this is a back up plan.

    ( I know Duke can take multiple 5* kids at the same position)



  • Woodrow said:

    Duke is now recruiting Trendon Watford. Pretty sure they haven’t been on him until now. I know there is some Hurt and Duke smoke but wonder if this is a back up plan.

    ( I know Duke can take multiple 5* kids at the same position)

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/trendon-watford-3084

    Duke isn’t even listed on his schools of interest so certainly this is new .



  • Woodrow said:

    Woodrow said:

    Duke is now recruiting Trendon Watford. Pretty sure they haven’t been on him until now. I know there is some Hurt and Duke smoke but wonder if this is a back up plan.

    ( I know Duke can take multiple 5* kids at the same position)

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/trendon-watford-3084

    Duke isn’t even listed on his schools of interest so certainly this is new .

    I misread this. That’s seemingly good news… although they need all the bodies they can get it looks like



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    Woodrow said:

    Woodrow said:

    Duke is now recruiting Trendon Watford. Pretty sure they haven’t been on him until now. I know there is some Hurt and Duke smoke but wonder if this is a back up plan.

    ( I know Duke can take multiple 5* kids at the same position)

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/trendon-watford-3084

    Duke isn’t even listed on his schools of interest so certainly this is new .

    I misread this. That’s seemingly good news… although they need all the bodies they can get it looks like

    Yeah, as things stand Duke honestly wouldn’t be that good next year. I expect they will get that taken care of though.



  • BShark said:

    Kcmatt7 said:

    Woodrow said:

    Woodrow said:

    Duke is now recruiting Trendon Watford. Pretty sure they haven’t been on him until now. I know there is some Hurt and Duke smoke but wonder if this is a back up plan.

    ( I know Duke can take multiple 5* kids at the same position)

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/trendon-watford-3084

    Duke isn’t even listed on his schools of interest so certainly this is new .

    I misread this. That’s seemingly good news… although they need all the bodies they can get it looks like

    Yeah, as things stand Duke honestly wouldn’t be that good next year. I expect they will get that taken care of though.

    I still fully expect RJ to end up there next season.

    Add in Hurt, and all of a sudden that starting 5 is 5 Top 50 freshman.



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    BShark said:

    Kcmatt7 said:

    Woodrow said:

    Woodrow said:

    Duke is now recruiting Trendon Watford. Pretty sure they haven’t been on him until now. I know there is some Hurt and Duke smoke but wonder if this is a back up plan.

    ( I know Duke can take multiple 5* kids at the same position)

    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/trendon-watford-3084

    Duke isn’t even listed on his schools of interest so certainly this is new .

    I misread this. That’s seemingly good news… although they need all the bodies they can get it looks like

    Yeah, as things stand Duke honestly wouldn’t be that good next year. I expect they will get that taken care of though.

    I still fully expect RJ to end up there next season.

    Add in Hurt, and all of a sudden that starting 5 is 5 Top 50 freshman.

    Gross but true. They are the runaway #1 if they had Hampton and Hurt.



  • Gut feeling is RJ stays in 20. He wouldn’t play on ball at Duke next season and RJ REALLY wants to be a PG.



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    Gut feeling is RJ stays in 20. He wouldn’t play on ball at Duke next season and RJ REALLY wants to be a PG.

    HE CAN DO BOTH



  • Also of note. RJ is like 6 months younger than Grimes. And Cassius Stanley is almost a year older than Grimes.



  • @FarmerJayhawk Who handles the ball for them next season then? I think Jones is gone. Boogie doesn’t seem like anymore a PG than RJ.



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    @FarmerJayhawk Who handles the ball for them next season then? I think Jones is gone. Boogie doesn’t seem like anymore a PG than RJ.

    I think Jones comes back but I’m not that sure.



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    Eh, this is just how it works at this level of talent. Either play the game or have a team full of Mitch Lightfoot’s (Lightfeet?)

    A Lightfleet.



  • Duke getting involved with Cassius Stanley. I think KU has been out of this one for awhile. I think they’re banking on Grimes coming back.



  • @FarmerJayhawk - Grimes returning is a better deal, IMHO.



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    Duke getting involved with Cassius Stanley. I think KU has been out of this one for awhile. I think they’re banking on Grimes coming back.

    Good.



  • @Gorilla72

    Agree. Stanley doesn’t move the needle with the guys we have already signed. He’s an electric athlete but his all around games wouldn’t upgrade the team next season. If Grimes does return that’s huge if he continues on this improved play he’s shown the last two games



  • BShark said:

    FarmerJayhawk said:

    Duke getting involved with Cassius Stanley. I think KU has been out of this one for awhile. I think they’re banking on Grimes coming back.

    Good.

    One word says it all!



  • Interesting that Duke is not trying to move in on guys they have not recruited at all so late in the game.



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    @Gorilla72

    Agree. Stanley doesn’t move the needle with the guys we have already signed. He’s an electric athlete but his all around games wouldn’t upgrade the team next season. If Grimes does return that’s huge if he continues on this improved play he’s shown the last two games

    nod, nod

    He’d be a bench guy and I don’t think he is going anywhere to come off the bench.

    Agbaji being a total baller changed the need to recruit a wing imo. Dotson, Grimes, Garrett and Agbaji are all minute eaters assuming all are back next year.



  • Woodrow said:

    Interesting that Duke is not trying to move in on guys they have not recruited at all so late in the game.

    I assume you meant now instead of the first not.

    That said they are Duke and they need more guys for next year so it makes a ton of sense. Just make a power play and bid enough.



  • BShark said:

    Woodrow said:

    Interesting that Duke is not trying to move in on guys they have not recruited at all so late in the game.

    I assume you meant now instead of the first not.

    That said they are Duke and they need more guys for next year so it makes a ton of sense. Just make a power play and bid enough.

    Yes, I meant now. Talking about Watford and Stanley.



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    Duke getting involved with Cassius Stanley. I think KU has been out of this one for awhile. I think they’re banking on Grimes coming back.

    Well Buddy - -Got to say - -I’m beginning to lean more in that direction myself on Grimes - -I now am also thinking he just very well could come back next year. - Total opposite of what I was thinking. - -I think possibly he just maybe has hit the top of his Freshman difficulties and now progressing down the other side - -He is showing signs – having said that , I just think he might very well come back learn more things have himself a solid year , work on his skills and THEN declare after next Season. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • BShark said:

    BeddieKU23 said:

    @Gorilla72

    Agree. Stanley doesn’t move the needle with the guys we have already signed. He’s an electric athlete but his all around games wouldn’t upgrade the team next season. If Grimes does return that’s huge if he continues on this improved play he’s shown the last two games

    nod, nod

    He’d be a bench guy and I don’t think he is going anywhere to come off the bench.

    Agbaji being a total baller changed the need to recruit a wing imo. Dotson, Grimes, Garrett and Agbaji are all minute eaters assuming all are back next year.

    And I’m beginning to think they all will be. - A lot of People ar starting to worry about Dotson. – I just don’t think my boy is going anywhere THIS YEAR - -Now next year - -I wouldn’t be promising anything.

    Even though Devon has had a really good year - -solid - there is things he could still improve on - -could always work on his outside J still some yet - -I dunno but just overall little things. - -Would be a very solid class for us next year if all these guys returned which I’m thinking more and more they will. - -If somehow - Doke WOULD come back - -we would be really Salty - with McCormack’ - -development and gaining experience and a Senior Mitch and our Newcomer’s

    Ok now have a quick question - - been wondering for some time - - showing stupidity - -please tell me what does IMO stand for - -lol - - sorry. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • @jayballer73

    Dotson isn’t even in the Top 10 of his position (for the draft). People are worried for no reason.



  • @jayballer73 in my opinion



  • Very brief KU target Damion Baugh popped for Memphis.



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    Very brief KU target Damion Baugh popped for Memphis.

    Yeah I don’t think KU got serious with him. I also don’t think he was ever playable with Garrett because they are so similar.



  • If the staff expects Dotson, Grimes, Garrett, Agbaji, McBride and Braun to be on the roster next year I can’t see adding another guard worth much.



  • @BShark

    Which makes the recent Stanley chatter make sense. Stanley was an option when everyone thought Grimes was actually good



  • I went and saw Adam Miller play in a fantastic game last night. Top 2 ranked teams in Illinois 3A. He scored 6 in the first half and 22 in the 2nd in a sweet 16 loss. He got many of those from the FT line. He forced a lot of threes, turned it over too much, so despite 28 points I wasn’t entirely impressed except it was against a team loaded with DI prospects themselves. Illinois folks are really clamoring to get him of course which I understand



  • we got a couple of recruits on Campus today don’t we? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • jayballer73 said:

    we got a couple of recruits on Campus today don’t we? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

    https://247sports.com/Player/RJ-Hampton-46036336/

    https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Cottrell-46040560/



  • I have good seats today! Got lucky!



  • @Crimsonorblue22 Have fun! Cheer your butt off!!!



  • 0_1552159007025_AF6112C5-5E78-46FA-9EB7-E35FF7181669.jpeg

    Curtesy of @Crimsonorblue22



  • @dylans Ok. I’ll bite. Who are those people?



  • Hawk8086 said:

    @dylans Ok. I’ll bite. Who are those people?

    The one in a black on the left with his parents He is from Little Elm Texas and the one on right he is from Las Vegas Nevada



  • @Hawk8086 RJ Hamilton and also Cottrell (a couple recruits) I do believe.



  • A lot of buzz out there that Shaka is leaving UT. Will Baker and/or Kai Jones come on down!


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.