New 2019 Recruiting

• Anyone have a Rivals subscription? I saw a tweet from them saying they added a name to their “hot board” but haven’t seen any other tweets referencing a new name.

I know Self was out recruiting yesterday / last night and wondering if he was watching someone new…

• @BeddieKU23 Was there a recruit in last week? My daughter was on a shuttle at KCI with a tall player and coaches decked out in KU garb.

• Woodrow said:

Anyone have a Rivals subscription? I saw a tweet from them saying they added a name to their “hot board” but haven’t seen any other tweets referencing a new name.

I know Self was out recruiting yesterday / last night and wondering if he was watching someone new…

I don’t but I will do some digging later.

@Barney that might have been a football recruit. Did you see what coaches? Tia

• Vernon Carey to Duke

• Woodrow said:

Vernon Carey to Duke

I’m stunned. Not. But thanks for posting it of course.

• @Woodrow

Duke has completely replaced UK as the featured destination for top prospects; Nike has probably realized it gets a better ROI from Duke than Kentucky. UK is no longer looking that good and fans are tired of the revolving door approach and not having players to cheer for more than a few months before they are gone. The squid must be looking at the NBA because the Kentucky natives are getting restless. Coach K will eventually retire barely one step ahead of the law.

• @Barney

I don’t recall any recruits being here the past week.

• BShark said:

Woodrow said:

Anyone have a Rivals subscription? I saw a tweet from them saying they added a name to their “hot board” but haven’t seen any other tweets referencing a new name.

I don’t but I will do some digging later.

@Barney that might have been a football recruit. Did you see what coaches? Tia

Okay so knowing Shay’s dumb ass it might be Achiuwa. That would be incredibly stupid but who knows… Norm is checking in with Achiuwa tomorrow night.

Could be Edwards, that would be equally stupid.

I would hope it’s Enaruna, I think KU could get him.

Hopefully someone with premium there can chime in but I can’t imagine paying for Slant premium…

• BeddieKU23 said:

@Barney

I don’t recall any recruits being here the past week.

Multiple football croots though.

• There is a picture of Achiuwa next to the article, so I would guess it’s him. Shay is clueless.

• Woodrow said:

NORM ROBERTS WAS WACTH 2020 BIG MAN HUNTER DICKINSON A 7-FOOT-2 YESTERDAY

• @BShark

Not so fast. Remember Ayton was his own words considering only Kansas and the famous (or infamous) crystal ball had him going to KU 100%? Recruitment is not done until the player signs with a program.

• JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

Woodrow said:

NORM ROBERTS WAS WACTH 2020 BIG MAN HUNTER DICKINSON A 7-FOOT-2 YESTERDAY

He just looks like a Notre Dame player. Like physically. The next Harangody lol.

• Not surprised we are circling back to Achiuwa. Big fan of him, just wish he came without baggage (handler’s etc)

• If I were betting now, the most likley 2019 player we land is still Kai Jones. After Shaka finally gets the overdue boot.

• Kcmatt7 said:

If I were betting now, the most likley 2019 player we land is still Kai Jones. After Shaka finally gets the overdue boot.

Knowing what I know about his situation I would disagree but crazier things have happened

• @BeddieKU23 Right. He probably got paid to go there. But once Shaka is out, I’d bet he’s fair game again.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BeddieKU23 Right. He probably got paid to go there. But once Shaka is out, I’d bet he’s fair game again.

Yeah and FSU went elsewhere after being out-bidded for him so if Shaka did get canned it would be interesting to see how that plays out as the incentives in play for him to still go to Texas would be hard to pass on, especially for others in his camp

• BeddieKU23 said:

Not surprised we are circling back to Achiuwa. Big fan of him, just wish he came without baggage (handler’s etc)

Great player. Heard he isn’t interested in college ball.

• Enaruna is a legit possibility.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Enaruna is a legit possibility.

Who is - - -THAT? never heard of him

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Want hard.

• Self was went and saw Anthony Edwards yesterday.

• Woodrow said:

Self was went and saw Anthony Edwards yesterday.

alt text

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Who is - - -THAT? never heard of him

Top 100 SF, 6’8 very athletic Euro player that is finishing high school ball in the US. Very intriguing option. Could possibly be a small ball 4 if put on 20 pounds

• @BeddieKU23 - 247Sports shows us as “cool” interest. Dunno if that’s cool from KU or Enaruna…

• Gorilla72 said:

@BeddieKU23 - 247Sports shows us as “cool” interest. Dunno if that’s cool from KU or Enaruna…

They just entered the discussion for him so if KU can gain some traction that would change

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

Not surprised we are circling back to Achiuwa. Big fan of him, just wish he came without baggage (handler’s etc)

Great player. Heard he isn’t interested in college ball.

He could always pull a Ben Simmons but Self wouldn’t let that fly.

• Been really quiet on the recruiting front. - - - Ha anybody hear anything at all on the recruiting front with the Stanley Camp? - - I OV’d with us right? - -know we are in the final 3 I think we got a good shot but just been really quiet – Anybody? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

In his latest interview I believe he was asked if any other schools had the chance to enter his recruitment and he didn’t shut the door on that happening. Doesn’t seem like he or his dad have got the deal they are looking for. But two of the programs they are considering are also potentially in the NCAA crosshairs after the season as well. I thought he’d at least verbal to whatever school he was going to at this point. Certainly doesn’t seem like KU is going to be his landing place but that’s just the current vibe and could certainly change…

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

In his latest interview I believe he was asked if any other schools had the chance to enter his recruitment and he didn’t shut the door on that happening. Doesn’t seem like he or his dad have got the deal they are looking for. But two of the programs they are considering are also potentially in the NCAA crosshairs after the season as well. I thought he’d at least verbal to whatever school he was going to at this point. Certainly doesn’t seem like KU is going to be his landing place but that’s just the current vibe and could certainly change…

Oh now see I just listened to an interview from a rivals lady - -and she asked him if any other schools could sneak in at this point - -and he said No , he didn’t think so - -he had already been through this once -So it’s just us three

• Twitter rumors about Jahvon Quinerly being unhappy at Villanova. Maybe transferring at semester. He’s only played 69 minutes so far this year, averaging 2.7 ppm and 1.1 assists. What happened here? I know KU was interested at one time…

• @Gorilla72

Played 1 minute against Penn.

• @Gorilla72

Just looks like a situation where a kid isn’t getting his way or what he expected when he signed. Nova lost a lot of guys from last year so I’m sure Quinerly had high expectations of a big role from the start. Wright likes guys that want to work hard and trust in the process to be developed. I think Wright has put some tough love on him and he doesn’t seem to be responding the way Wright wants either.

• @jayballer73

Your right, wrong interview I was thinking of. Interesting to see what they are waiting on

• KU has an open scholly… Would take.

• BShark said:

KU has an open scholly… Would take.

With Dotson creeping up draft boards another PG could be needed

• If he’s going to transfer, now would be the time. He’d be eligible at semester next season…

• And a year to practice to get up to speed, so you don’t have this pity party again. Bill Self - transfers preferred destination. Works well both ways, Self’s system like Wright’s demands time to learn. Learn it in the off year and shine!

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

At best just one more year of Dotson I think.

• Nova has 2-3 solid starting guard plus Cremo the shooter coming off the bench. I am sure he was (unrealistically) thinking he would start and be the star of the team and perhaps not working hard and expecting playing time is not playing well at Nova and would not play well at KU either. Not surprised Quinerly is not getting much playing time.

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

Your right, wrong interview I was thinking of. Interesting to see what they are waiting on

Let’s see , It’s UCLA - -Oregon - -And KU isn’t it? - - if that’s Right - -there is some rumblings that Alford’s future at UCLA may be a change there - - then Oregon has it’s issues with the NCAA and possible probation - -and then Us - -were not out of the woods either but still - -I still kind of get the feel we might be in better shape then some think - -time will tell I reckon - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

are we talking about Quin here? - -if we are I would take also -know we had offered him , - and if we are talking the same line - -ya if Devon keeps moving up then ya he could slide in. - - However selfishly - -I HOPE Devon comes back at least for another year lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

I think we are in a great position as well but getting a Cali kid to leave that comfort zone still has me worried. Oregon still feels like the favorite despite their roster that’s full of SG’s and wing types. Stanley could be a real momentum changer for KU going into the spring recruiting period

• @jayballer73

Selfishly I want Devon around 4 years. So far he’s exceeded even the high expectations I had for him. I’m downright scared he leaves after the year if he starts creeping up into the late first round discussion.

And yes the discussion was about Quin. If he does transfer out at semester’s end it would be very interesting to see what schools even have room for him like KU does currently. He’ll be in Lawrence as well this weekend which is really a potential benefit if he did leave

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

I think we are in a great position as well but getting a Cali kid to leave that comfort zone still has me worried. Oregon still feels like the favorite despite their roster that’s full of SG’s and wing types. Stanley could be a real momentum changer for KU going into the spring recruiting period

Stanley actually feels like an almost need for us - - - after so many misses this season , really need him - -a big need for that position also. - - Agree gonna be hard - -been hearing that Oregon is leading now - -hopefully Bill and staff stays all over him and we can pull him out. - -I know he really enjoyed his visit. - -we just HAVE to close out - convince him - it’s here for the taking. - -I think he could step right in. - -could really help salvage this year.

He said in his interview though he is in no hurry to commit , possibly sit down with his parents in a bit. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

Selfishly I want Devon around 4 years. So far he’s exceeded even the high expectations I had for him. I’m downright scared he leaves after the year if he starts creeping up into the late first round discussion.

And yes the discussion was about Quin. If he does transfer out at semester’s end it would be very interesting to see what schools even have room for him like KU does currently. He’ll be in Lawrence as well this weekend which is really a potential benefit if he did leave

YA dum me. - -Hadn’t even made that connection that’s right he will be here this weekend. - - If he is even remotely thinking about transferring then when he is here this weekend he be able to see what it’s like game time - -you now the Phog is going to be insane. - -couldn’t hurt. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Evidently Quinerly posted this on instagram right after Nova’s loss to Penn last night. He deleted it shortly after posting.

Also hearing that Quade Green isn’t happy with his playing time at Kentucky and may transfer. Washington is the rumor as far as transfer destination.

• Sounds like Quade Green might be transferring out of Kentucky as well.

• @Woodrow

It’s official he’s out