New 2019 Recruiting

• BShark said:

Woodrow said:

Corey Evans tweeted that Jalen Wilson has scheduled his first visit, but it’s premium so I couldn’t see where. Anyone know ??

Kansas. May 30 through June 1.

Awesome.

• Woodrow said:

BShark said:

Woodrow said:

Corey Evans tweeted that Jalen Wilson has scheduled his first visit, but it’s premium so I couldn’t see where. Anyone know ??

Awesome.

Yep. Love that we are getting the first visit.

Thankfully the info was also posted by Evan on 24/7 in the VIP section of the KU board as I do not have Rivals premium but I don’t mind 24/7 for the full site access. Just posting about this so people aren’t wondering if I have Rivals premium. Always happy to share 24/7 stuff.

Edit: Found a free article as well posted recently: https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Jalen-Wilson-Kansas-North-Carolina-Visits-Top-50-prospect-132157106/

Looks like KU or UNC. Hopefully Self tells him he will play a lot here. UNC has a starting wing spot up for grabs.

I like that there is no time frame to commit, hopefully Self and co crush the visit.

• BShark said:

Woodrow said:

Lets hit the Slam with this - -we need frontline help and with him being RJ friend would be nice to get both of them - - we at like 29% for Jalen now

• BShark said:

Woodrow said:

BShark said:

Woodrow said:

Awesome.

Yep. Love that we are getting the first visit.

Thankfully the info was also posted by Evan on 24/7 in the VIP section of the KU board as I do not have Rivals premium but I don’t mind 24/7 for the full site access. Just posting about this so people aren’t wondering if I have Rivals premium. Always happy to share 24/7 stuff.

Edit: Found a free article as well posted recently: https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Jalen-Wilson-Kansas-North-Carolina-Visits-Top-50-prospect-132157106/

Looks like KU or UNC. Hopefully Self tells him he will play a lot here. UNC has a starting wing spot up for grabs.

I like that there is no time frame to commit, hopefully Self and co crush the visit.

Can finally sell a recruit PT and show them Grimes and bash Roy for not playing Little.

• @Kcmatt7 Talk about a plot twist…

• The UNC visit may not happen.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

The UNC visit may not happen.

that would be nice lol. - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• OK, Guys I have a question - - I need help -I need guy OR guys to de-cypher this for me , found this on the Michigan board it showed a picture of Jalen and then it has 5 schools that he is looking at. - So now here is the thing - -down below this picture of him it had this:

It Said INSTAGRAM - -LIVE INTERVIEW TONIGHT with former Michigan commit at 8:00pmn CT then it had Instagram: tipton edits @thejalenwilson https://t.Col2JjZKvCoBN

Now my question as hell I have no idea - -so what the hell is this? - - what does that mean? - -is this a Instagram that we as fans can go to some link and watch this Instagram interview? - -Help me out guys let me know please - - -THANKS. - -rock chalk all day long baby

• It’s just his final 5 schools.

• Theory: since summer classes at KU start the 4th, it’s possible RJ and Jalen announce right after his visit and get to LFK by then.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Theory: since summer classes at KU start the 4th, it’s possible RJ and Jalen announce right after his visit and get to LFK by then.

That would be great. Do you think it will happen? If it did, I would say that that would be a great five man class. By the way, Braun impresses me, am I wrong? Unlike some people, I think that he is going to contribute right away. He seems to have a very high ceiling. Is it true that the guy is now 6’8? If what you say turns out to be true I would REALLY like our recruiting class - Wilson, Enaruna, Braun and McBride being multi-year players.

• So Slater - - -Meyer - - -Daniels - - -& Evans have al got RJ predicted KU now. - -Any of the big shots left to predict for KU with RJ ?

• @jayballer73 just me. I’m waiting on seeing where he actually suits up before making that “prediction” though.

• RJ HAMPTON HAS set a date finally FOR HIS COMMIT

• You’d think with his basketball talent that he’d be able to get all the dates he wanted. Weird.

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

You’d think with his basketball talent that he’d be able to get all the dates he wanted. Weird. FOR HAS COMMIT

• @JAYHAWKFAN214 Oh, alright. Silly me.

• I don’t hate that he has a date figured out after the Slater CB pick. Not oooone bit.

• So does anyone know the date? I don’t seem to be able to find it.

• Marco said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Theory: since summer classes at KU start the 4th, it’s possible RJ and Jalen announce right after his visit and get to LFK by then.

That would be great. Do you think it will happen? If it did, I would say that that would be a great five man class. By the way, Braun impresses me, am I wrong? Unlike some people, I think that he is going to contribute right away. He seems to have a very high ceiling. Is it true that the guy is now 6’8? If what you say turns out to be true I would REALLY like our recruiting class - Wilson, Enaruna, Braun and McBride being multi-year players.

I don’t know anything other than KU leads for both. Some of the overseas for R.J. chatter has faded a bit though. Yeah Braun is a legit 6’8 at this point. I don’t think he’ll be much of a contributor until he quits growing and can add some weight.

• Braun needs to RS.

• HighEliteMajor said:

So does anyone know the date? I don’t seem to be able to find it.

HE JUST SAID SET ONE UP

• dylans said:

@jayballer73 just me. I’m waiting on seeing where he actually suits up before making that “prediction” though.

how do you mean - - where he suits up? – not following

• So Hampton HAS set up his announcement date - -OR is going to set up announcement date?

• jayballer73 said:

So Hampton HAS set up his announcement date - -OR is going to set up announcement date?

Has a date, hasn’t announced it. I think the first week of June.

• @FarmerJayhawk what’s up w/his nasty face after that announcement?

• wished I could figure out how to follow or hear Jalens live interview that tibits is doing - -says they going to talk about the schools that he is looking at - started at 8:30

• jayballer73 said:

wished I could figure out how to follow or hear Jalens live interview that tibits is doing - -says they going to talk about the schools that he is looking at - started at 8:30

It has already started he is done talking now

• JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

jayballer73 said:

wished I could figure out how to follow or hear Jalens live interview that tibits is doing - -says they going to talk about the schools that he is looking at - started at 8:30

how you know did you hear it? on Jalen’s twitter it listed 8 oclock - but on the Michigan board and the guy doing the interview it said 8:30

• Just looked on the 247 site and Michigan’s recruiting rank went from 51 to 116. That’s got to suck for them.

• jayballer73 said:

JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

jayballer73 said:

how you know did you hear it?

Yes

• JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

jayballer73 said:

JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

jayballer73 said:

Yes

so you heard the interview? - -any thing solid on it?

• jayballer73 said:

JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

jayballer73 said:

JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

jayballer73 said:

Yes

so you heard the interview? - -any thing solid on it?

The Guy that was Interview him Asked him what is Inspecting when he visits Kansas in he said that he just wants to coach to ask tell him how he will use him in The system that they are playing in and if he and rj would go to the same school then Lawrence better watch out

• @JAYHAWKFAN214 do you feel good about it?

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@FarmerJayhawk what’s up w/his nasty face after that announcement?

I don’t speak fluent Gen Z but it kind of looks like he just wants to get it over with. Like taking a really good dump.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Crimsonorblue22 said:

@FarmerJayhawk what’s up w/his nasty face after that announcement?

I don’t speak fluent Gen Z but it kind of looks like he just wants to get it over with. Like taking a really good dump.

If he gets it over with during or right after the KU visit, that would be pretty okay.

• I wouldn’t say no to that

• My gods. Yeah, it’s happening as long as R.J. picks college. I just can’t ever rule out people taking money. I’ve seen it waaaaaaay too often in my career.

• Jalen Wilson schedules a KU visit, his potentially only visit. RJ says he’s got a commitment date in mind. This pleases me

• Well got to say I heard Jalen’s instagram interview and yes I am biased -but man I couldn’t help but come away but feeling very good about our position with him.- -just kindof high lites on the schools he focusing on :

1st he was talking about how shocked he was when he found out about the Michigan Coach , then said the assistants came in and told him to just cool down see how things play out - -pretty much dismissed that right away - now having to go through the process again -said the main thing is he has to gain trust - asking the next Coach how long the Coach is going to be there

OK so he said this on North Carolina : any time a school that has had guys like Micheal Jordan play there , and talked about this dude Armondo BaCock is going there been talking about him coming in and playing telling him to come join Tarheel nation , - -Being able to play in the Acc - -the chance to be able to play against Duke all things he liked. - and so on - -really not anything that actually scares me a lot.

The other two schools Florida & Oklahoma St - the read I get on those two was really not HUGE factor - true a factor not saying a Zero % chance for these schools - but just didn’t hear much.

Then comes KU Guys said now I know this gets fans excited but now KU, said pretty well known that before you committed to Michigan you was pretty sold on KU

Wilson said: Ya was pretty sold on KU before - -loved KU - -things he loved - - just loved KU basketball - -really like the Morris Twins , kind of Role models in his eyes - loves the KU atmosphere - -atmosphere is crazy , - Ku has had a very successful times with Guards & Wings - said he loves the College it’self - -Campus always alive - - neve dies - loves Allen Fieldhouse , says he was there for the KU/Baylor game - - says LOUD NEVER hear a Gym that loud. - Great Coach’s feels like you can talk to them anytime - - -It’s not even like a Coach Player relationship - - they just are like we are here to help you , and want to see you be able to get where you want to be.

Then guy talking to him about RJ - and Wilson said ya ya ha known RJ since the 1st grade - see one another about at least every other day - -RJ is his right hand man - that’s my guy - saying they have talked about him and RJ going to KU would be a great fit - and if that happened Lawrence better be ready. - But also said still has to be right for both - -Great interview - you can see it off u-tube - made me feel myself pretty confident actually - now just hopew it comes to life. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Oh a little side note from Jalen’s interview. - Tibit asked Jalen what he thought about Precious committing to Memphis? - Jalen said and so did the guy , they both said they were shocked/stunned that he committed to Memphis. - Jalen and this guy truly thought Precious was going to KU for sure. - Guess we were closer to Precious then I thought. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Well just saw , must of been yet another pick for us with Jalen Wilson -just read where someone made a pick for KU on the Crystal ball - -we are now at 33% for Jalen.

You now kind of makes you wonder - -even if just a tinsy bit there was another poster saying on the Phog - kind of funny in a way that RJ has now got an announcement date and people should know soon - kind of funny he says this how funny it is if his announcement is the same weekend that Jalen is visiting the KU campus. - - Possibly announce on the same weekend - bot commit. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/2019-recruiting-Jalen-Wilson-talks-KU-basketball-Bill-Self-in-interview-132173779/

TL;DR Jalen was sounding like a KU lean early until Michigan blew him away but it looks like essentially being 2nd place before could pay off. Also we need Grimes to stay gone.

• BShark said:

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/2019-recruiting-Jalen-Wilson-talks-KU-basketball-Bill-Self-in-interview-132173779/

TL;DR Jalen was sounding like a KU lean early until Michigan blew him away but it looks like essentially being 2nd place before could pay off. Also we need Grimes to stay gone.

you can see Jalen’s innerview on you tube - around 16 minute interview

• @BShark I thought Jalen was a 3/4. How does Grimes factor into Jalen’s playing time?

• KUSTEVE said:

@BShark I thought Jalen was a 3/4. How does Grimes factor into Jalen’s playing time?

He fancies himself a guard I would guess.

• Yeah, and here we go! Grimes, a bust player, possibly holding our program hostage because he may or may not want to come back and play.