New 2019 Recruiting

• I guess I look at Precious a little different then some guys , to me it wouldn’t of bothered me if Precious would of came here - - talented kid - yet it doesn’t bother me that he didn’t come here.

Now we focus on the slim possibility of Silvio being cleared- - -or us being able to land Jalen. - -we still have a void at that position - probably our biggest area right now that STILL needs filled. - however in the end run , I think things probably worked out best for both parties , KU as a program & for Precious , he wasn’t going to come to KU just to sit the bench - -and with the possibility of us either possibly getting Silvio cleared or landing Jalen we get better all around athletes. - wish Precious nothing by the best in his future. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• All BS aside, I’m - at this point - just waiting for this recruiting cycle to be over. The hypocrisy of the system has never been more obvious, and while the recruiting scandal has definitely hurt Kansas the players are still lining up in droves to be paid and play elsewhere. Like I said once before, once you see him the first time it is so hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

• Memphis will have the best team to ever win the NIT. Good for them.

• This was teh first I actually looked at Mephis’ recruiting class. Thats a lot of new faces!

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/

• Can’t wait until the Shlockers play them next year…lol.

• Now just close on RJ and Jalen and I’m good.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

BeddieKU23 said:

There is 0% chance Precious and Lester went there for free. My friend knows their former coach in NJ.

And KU wasn’t playing ball with Precious’s guy.

I’m glad they didn’t. I don’t think they could afford (no pun) to currently

• @BShark Question… let’s say we get Jalen and RJ. Then DD and Q decide to come back. Are we running with DD/RJ/Q/Jalen/Doke, or does Ochai start ahead of Q?

• BeddieKU23 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

BeddieKU23 said:

There is 0% chance Precious and Lester went there for free. My friend knows their former coach in NJ.

And KU wasn’t playing ball with Precious’s guy.

I’m glad they didn’t. I don’t think they could afford (no pun) to currently

With all the current crap and it basically being public knowledge… If something would have leaked out it could have proved disastrous so I would agree.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Gorilla72 said:

Evan Daniels reporting on Twitter that Precious committed to Memphis a little after 11 am today.

Finally dodged a nightmare for once

@BeddieKU23 If there is any statement that has been spot on, you seem to be the one that nailed it. Can’t believe Self saw this guy as any sort of fit here. I have never understood it.

• Didn’t the ad from memphis quit last week too?👀

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

Didn’t the ad from memphis quit last week too?👀

He step down

• @JAYHAWKFAN214 do you know why?

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@JAYHAWKFAN214 do you know why?

No I do not

• HighEliteMajor said:

BeddieKU23 said:

Gorilla72 said:

Evan Daniels reporting on Twitter that Precious committed to Memphis a little after 11 am today.

Finally dodged a nightmare for once

@BeddieKU23 If there is any statement that has been spot on, you seem to be the one that nailed it. Can’t believe Self saw this guy as any sort of fit here. I have never understood it.

I happen to have some insight to Achiuwa through my friend that’s on the staff at Brewster Academy. He’s good friends with Achiuwa’s former coach in New Jersey. Talent wise he’s exactly what Self goes after. Off the court this is exactly the nightmare we needed to stay clear of for all reasons we all know.

• KUSTEVE said:

@BShark Question… let’s say we get Jalen and RJ. Then DD and Q decide to come back. Are we running with DD/RJ/Q/Jalen/Doke, or does Ochai start ahead of Q?

If all of that happens you run 4 guard and bring Jalen off of the bench. But I don’t anticipate that happening.

• IIRC, RJ Hampton wanted to be on campus (summer school?) this summer. Last day of enrollment is June 3 for new students with classes starting June 4. Should know something by then?

• Gorilla72 said:

IIRC, RJ Hampton wanted to be on campus (summer school?) this summer. Last day of enrollment is June 3 for new students with classes starting June 4. Should know something by then?

I would expect something after Dotson announces what he is doing.

• I just don’t really understand the Dotson thing. They can coexist without a problem.

• BShark said:

Gorilla72 said:

IIRC, RJ Hampton wanted to be on campus (summer school?) this summer. Last day of enrollment is June 3 for new students with classes starting June 4. Should know something by then?

I would expect something after Dotson announces what he is doing.

Moreso Grimes.

• Dam , some moron on the Michigan board just BUSTING Jalen Wilsons chones. -talking about or how full of himself Jalen signing his LOI and then turning right around and talking about how he is re-opening his recruitment - who does he think he is and such

Talking about how LOI aren’t commitment anymore - he is getting taken to the wood shed by other Michigan fans talking about how it’s a bad PR look if you try and force a kid to stay at Michigan against his wishes - -others talking about the reason he was re-opening his recruitment because the Coach left -nobody blaming him - -they taking this guy to the shed - -as obviously he has NO IDEA – lol - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Corey Evans tweeted that Jalen Wilson has scheduled his first visit, but it’s premium so I couldn’t see where. Anyone know ??

• Woodrow said:

Corey Evans tweeted that Jalen Wilson has scheduled his first visit, but it’s premium so I couldn’t see where. Anyone know ??

Kansas. May 30 through June 1.

• BShark said:

Woodrow said:

Corey Evans tweeted that Jalen Wilson has scheduled his first visit, but it’s premium so I couldn’t see where. Anyone know ??

Awesome.

• Woodrow said:

BShark said:

Woodrow said:

Awesome.

Yep. Love that we are getting the first visit.

Thankfully the info was also posted by Evan on 24/7 in the VIP section of the KU board as I do not have Rivals premium but I don’t mind 24/7 for the full site access. Just posting about this so people aren’t wondering if I have Rivals premium. Always happy to share 24/7 stuff.

Edit: Found a free article as well posted recently: https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Jalen-Wilson-Kansas-North-Carolina-Visits-Top-50-prospect-132157106/

Looks like KU or UNC. Hopefully Self tells him he will play a lot here. UNC has a starting wing spot up for grabs.

I like that there is no time frame to commit, hopefully Self and co crush the visit.

• BShark said:

Woodrow said:

Lets hit the Slam with this - -we need frontline help and with him being RJ friend would be nice to get both of them - - we at like 29% for Jalen now

• BShark said:

Woodrow said:

BShark said:

Woodrow said:

Awesome.

Yep. Love that we are getting the first visit.

Thankfully the info was also posted by Evan on 24/7 in the VIP section of the KU board as I do not have Rivals premium but I don’t mind 24/7 for the full site access. Just posting about this so people aren’t wondering if I have Rivals premium. Always happy to share 24/7 stuff.

Edit: Found a free article as well posted recently: https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Jalen-Wilson-Kansas-North-Carolina-Visits-Top-50-prospect-132157106/

Looks like KU or UNC. Hopefully Self tells him he will play a lot here. UNC has a starting wing spot up for grabs.

I like that there is no time frame to commit, hopefully Self and co crush the visit.

Can finally sell a recruit PT and show them Grimes and bash Roy for not playing Little.

• @Kcmatt7 Talk about a plot twist…

• The UNC visit may not happen.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

The UNC visit may not happen.

that would be nice lol. - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• OK, Guys I have a question - - I need help -I need guy OR guys to de-cypher this for me , found this on the Michigan board it showed a picture of Jalen and then it has 5 schools that he is looking at. - So now here is the thing - -down below this picture of him it had this:

It Said INSTAGRAM - -LIVE INTERVIEW TONIGHT with former Michigan commit at 8:00pmn CT then it had Instagram: tipton edits @thejalenwilson https://t.Col2JjZKvCoBN

Now my question as hell I have no idea - -so what the hell is this? - - what does that mean? - -is this a Instagram that we as fans can go to some link and watch this Instagram interview? - -Help me out guys let me know please - - -THANKS. - -rock chalk all day long baby

• It’s just his final 5 schools.

• Theory: since summer classes at KU start the 4th, it’s possible RJ and Jalen announce right after his visit and get to LFK by then.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Theory: since summer classes at KU start the 4th, it’s possible RJ and Jalen announce right after his visit and get to LFK by then.

That would be great. Do you think it will happen? If it did, I would say that that would be a great five man class. By the way, Braun impresses me, am I wrong? Unlike some people, I think that he is going to contribute right away. He seems to have a very high ceiling. Is it true that the guy is now 6’8? If what you say turns out to be true I would REALLY like our recruiting class - Wilson, Enaruna, Braun and McBride being multi-year players.

• So Slater - - -Meyer - - -Daniels - - -& Evans have al got RJ predicted KU now. - -Any of the big shots left to predict for KU with RJ ?

• @jayballer73 just me. I’m waiting on seeing where he actually suits up before making that “prediction” though.

• RJ HAMPTON HAS set a date finally FOR HIS COMMIT

• You’d think with his basketball talent that he’d be able to get all the dates he wanted. Weird.

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

You’d think with his basketball talent that he’d be able to get all the dates he wanted. Weird. FOR HAS COMMIT

• @JAYHAWKFAN214 Oh, alright. Silly me.

• I don’t hate that he has a date figured out after the Slater CB pick. Not oooone bit.

• So does anyone know the date? I don’t seem to be able to find it.

• Marco said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Theory: since summer classes at KU start the 4th, it’s possible RJ and Jalen announce right after his visit and get to LFK by then.

That would be great. Do you think it will happen? If it did, I would say that that would be a great five man class. By the way, Braun impresses me, am I wrong? Unlike some people, I think that he is going to contribute right away. He seems to have a very high ceiling. Is it true that the guy is now 6’8? If what you say turns out to be true I would REALLY like our recruiting class - Wilson, Enaruna, Braun and McBride being multi-year players.

I don’t know anything other than KU leads for both. Some of the overseas for R.J. chatter has faded a bit though. Yeah Braun is a legit 6’8 at this point. I don’t think he’ll be much of a contributor until he quits growing and can add some weight.

• Braun needs to RS.

• HighEliteMajor said:

So does anyone know the date? I don’t seem to be able to find it.

HE JUST SAID SET ONE UP

• dylans said:

@jayballer73 just me. I’m waiting on seeing where he actually suits up before making that “prediction” though.

how do you mean - - where he suits up? – not following

• So Hampton HAS set up his announcement date - -OR is going to set up announcement date?

• jayballer73 said:

So Hampton HAS set up his announcement date - -OR is going to set up announcement date?

Has a date, hasn’t announced it. I think the first week of June.

• @FarmerJayhawk what’s up w/his nasty face after that announcement?