2020 Recruiting

• Anybody know for sure exactly how serious things are with RJ Davis? - - I mean are we in any kind of shape with him or what? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

Anybody know for sure exactly how serious things are with RJ Davis? - - I mean are we in any kind of shape with him or what? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Definitely behind a handful of guys on our board.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

Anybody know for sure exactly how serious things are with RJ Davis? - - I mean are we in any kind of shape with him or what? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Definitely behind a handful of guys on our board.

ya I didn’t think he was tip top - - good player but think we have other options

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Woodrow said:

I read yesterday that Nix was going to cut his list to 5 today. Has anyone seen anything on that?

Also we made the top 10 for Jaemyn Brakefield. Bot sure how big of a player KU is in that one though.

He announced it’s happening. Prediction: Kentucky, Maryland, Alabama, KU, UCLA.

Nailed it!

• Woodrow said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Woodrow said:

I read yesterday that Nix was going to cut his list to 5 today. Has anyone seen anything on that?

Also we made the top 10 for Jaemyn Brakefield. Bot sure how big of a player KU is in that one though.

He announced it’s happening. Prediction: Kentucky, Maryland, Alabama, KU, UCLA.

Nailed it!

Yesssss. Still got it. UCLA, UK, and KU is the “list within the list” IMO. Kentucky hasn’t offered yet and is in the top 5.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Kentucky hasn’t offered yet and is in the top 5.

Omegalul.

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Kentucky hasn’t offered yet and is in the top 5.

Omegalul.

Jalen Green is their big target though.

• @FarmerJayhawk Stated this sometime back. - - - off their Board - - they don’t think Cal is as interested in Nix as Nix - - -is in UK.

They are more focused on Christopher @ PG they say and Green at SG. - -Guard top heavy.

Already have Boston - -Quickley probably returning - -Clark re-classifying -I think in less UK misses on these others - - we aren’t gonna have to worry about them.

Just because a player lists his top five - -doesn’t mean he is a school’s top 5 - -Kentucky has other interest at this point - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 100% agree. If it’s a fall decision, it won’t be UK. Nix was at LA today for an official, but still working on scheduling one to KU. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Nix and Thompson visit the same weekend to develop some chemistry, and KU is the only school they have in common.

• Love looks nice. Real nice. Is there a legit chance KU lands him?

• FarmerJayhawk said:

@jayballer73 100% agree. If it’s a fall decision, it won’t be UK. Nix was at LA today for an official, but still working on scheduling one to KU. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Nix and Thompson visit the same weekend to develop some chemistry, and KU is the only school they have in common.

That would be a nice combo to land for sure - - not feeling as good as I was about Thompson - -sounds like Okie-State trying to slither him in with oh what’s his name? - - Cunningham? - - is that it ? - -can’t remember - but looks like those two are bud’s - I mean still feel fairly good on him but not like I did. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• dylans said:

Love looks nice. Real nice. Is there a legit chance KU lands him?

Just me? - - feels like w stand a fairly decent chance. - Wouldn’t say we wee a clear cut leader by any means - But think we are right there. - -

Actually though I think we stand a better chance at landing Nix then Love. - -You wouldn’t hear me bitching about that though if that turned out to be the case. - -I think Both are pretty dam good players - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• dylans said:

Love looks nice. Real nice. Is there a legit chance KU lands him?

I think we do and the last visit could be key here. Some recent chatter that UNC leads. Hopefully he takes all his visits.

• Nix and Thompson or Nix and Love, would take - bigtime! - any combination of both, perhaps throwing in a Brakefield and Garcia for good measure.

• Marco said:

Nix and Thompson or Nix and Love, would take - bigtime! - any combination of both, perhaps throwing in a Brakefield and Garcia for good measure.

I think our chances for Brakefield are next to none - -feel between those two Garcia is the better bet

• Well Nix just committed to UCLA. Damn.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Well Nix just committed to UCLA. Damn.

So much for the visit.

• @BShark especially since as of last week the camps were working on dates.

• So dumb. Why even come out with a top 5 and then commit the next day…

• @Woodrow it was a bargaining chip. it drove his price up. hard pass…

• I was going to post yesterday I would be surprised if he let Cali without committing. Once there was chatter UCLA led and him taking the first visit there with no other scheduled visits. Made a ton of sense.

• Woodrow said:

So dumb. Why even come out with a top 5 and then commit the next day…

Better then stringing along programs during visits

• BeddieKU23 said:

Woodrow said:

So dumb. Why even come out with a top 5 and then commit the next day…

Better then stringing along programs during visits

Down the list of targets we go.

• @BeddieKU23 Oh I agree 100%. Just don’t see the need to come out with a list. Just go take your visit and commit.

I hope the staff is prioritizing Love and Thompson.

• Woodrow said:

@BeddieKU23 Oh I agree 100%. Just don’t see the need to come out with a list. Just go take your visit and commit.

I hope so, too…

• Okay, so much for Nix. Time to concentrate on Garcia, Love and or Thompson, and Brakefield - and add a couple of top one hundreds…

• Not getting any of them imo but esp not JB who will be at Kentucky.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Well Nix just committed to UCLA. Damn.

Well Holy bat crap - - batman – sure me look good - -I had just stated earlier that I thought we had a better chance for nix then love - - - goes to show how much I know.

Had just read the article had he had broke down his 5 schools - -talked about how KU & Kentucky was dream schools – guess since he thought he couldn’t get his dream school as he was wanting to visit Kentucky bad -but again not sure they were as interested in him as him them - - since that didn’t happen he decided on a Nightmare instead. - - He talked about Cronin changing from slow to fast - -well goodie. - NEXT - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BShark said:

Not getting any of them imo but esp not JB who will be at Kentucky.

He just cut them my dude.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

BShark said:

Must’ve been thinking of some other kid that’s a uk lock. Honestly a bit annoying to sift through because some number of people act like anyone uk shows interest in is a “lock”.

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

BShark said:

Must’ve been thinking of some other kid that’s a uk lock. Honestly a bit annoying to sift through because some number of people act like anyone uk shows interest in is a “lock”.

Yet another example of teenage kids right? - - I mean just another example - -Nix just listed his 5 yesterday and commits today to UCLA - -and JB just listed his top 10 yesterday at least that’s how zags had the story - listed his top 10 yesterday and now you say he cut Kentucky today? - or am I missing something here - if he did - -that’s crazy. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BShark I agree. Our returning depth in 2020 in both the back and frontcourt is going to help yet as far as signing any top 20 recruits also hurt us. Imo, we need to concentrate bigtime on recruits in the 30 to 75 range.

• BShark said:

@jayballer73 https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/8/19/20812948/uk-basketball-recruiting-jaemyn-brakefield-kansas-jayhawks-ucla-bruins

Just read their board - - they had been on him hard early then backed off some. - - Said good player for someone.

• Read an article from Brian Rauf from fan sided - -he made his prediction on where the top 20 players of the 2020 class would land - - giving a scouting recruit for each and every one and prediction where they would land.

Right off kind of funny - -he predicted that he thought Nix would end up at KU.

He says he think s Caleb Love will end up at Louisville. - - Says all three schools have a need for him - - Louisville - - - North Carolina - - - & KU – -KU obviously because with Devon gone next year he could slide right in - -But just thinks with Mack at Louisville and how he has been able to recruit referring to pretty dam good class of 2019 - really likes Mack - -thinks that will be his landing spot.

He DID say he thinks Thompson - - will end up at KU. - -he said both in state Oklahoma schools have a solid chance of landing him BUT he thinks with his dad’s connection with Coach Self that it will be the edge to land him at KU. Talks about KU having a hole at Shooting Guard next year.

His Breakdown of Bryce is - - – needs to get stronger - -Yet says : Bryce can fill it up from the outside - - - -Can kill an opponent by attacking the paint - - Can beat them everywhere in between - - - Very crafty - - wide array of moves - - -Quality shots no matter what the defense does – -floater - - -runners - - -fade away’ s – step backs - - has it all - - I like the sounds of that - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Another article that I found pretty interesting - came of UK board. - -Like I had mentioned - -Nix like them - not sure how sold they were on him - -has no outside shot at this point. - is suppose to be his weakness. - -said UK never offered -and Nix announcing his top five hoping to pull and offer from UK.

Article I read had to deal with UCLA - a Writer from the Mercury News said that UCLA was in real danger of being ruled ineligible for the tournament in 2020-21 due to the programs APR Score.

The APR score is the metric the NCAA uses to gauge academic performance in College sports - - -hmmmmm

Every year each School gets an APR score that is then combined with past results and used to calculate a single year multi year score. When the NCAA released the new APR scores for the 2017-18 year UCLA multi year score was 933. - - - -That was 3 points above the cutoff for staying eligible for postseason play - -yet Nix goes to UCLA - - interesting. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Let’s be honest, many of this past season’s and current recruiting whiffs are due to our not being able to pay them much of anything while the NCAA is still sniffing around looking for something that they will not find. No bother though, our team is and will continue to be just fine.

• Woodrow said:

@BeddieKU23 Oh I agree 100%. Just don’t see the need to come out with a list. Just go take your visit and commit.

I think farmer reported recently he thought KU cooled on Nix and that could have been to finding out UCLA was a heavy choice. Regardless its kids being kids, annoying but it’s what we sign up for today following how things go down

• I follow trends as well, but take more stock from in who we have coming back and in what positions Coach may have stockpiled young talent.

That being said, I think that we need a power forward and center, and if we can add a couple (Thompson would be a bigtime pickup!) of long guards then I would be more than stoked.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Woodrow said:

I think farmer reported recently he thought KU cooled on Nix and that could have been to finding out UCLA was a heavy choice. Regardless its kids being kids, annoying but it’s what we sign up for today following how things go down

I just hadn’t heard much lately linking KU and Nix. It’s full speed ahead on Thompson and Love. RJ Davis looks like Pitt or UNC. KK Robinson could get a longer look now.

• @FarmerJayhawk KK Robinson would be a major get. What are your thoughts on some of the big guys (who do you think we stand a good chance of getting)? It seems with Dok and Mitch (if he doesn’t redshirt) and maybe even Silvio leaving that we need to fill at the very least two scholarships in the frontcourt.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

BeddieKU23 said:

Woodrow said:

I just hadn’t heard much lately linking KU and Nix. It’s full speed ahead on Thompson and Love. RJ Davis looks like Pitt or UNC. KK Robinson could get a longer look now.

Sounds like they kind of knew what direction he was going in.

One of KK, Love & Thompson would be great.

• Thompson up to #14 in the new 247 rankings. Really hope Bill can land him.

• Jalen Green is considering skipping College and going pro for a year. #3 player overall KU not a factor but would be a big blow to UK and FSU among others that want him badly. Go get your money young man and don’t waste college’s time

• Woodrow said:

Thompson up to #14 in the new 247 rankings. Really hope Bill can land him.

Big time.

Love at #21 as well to note

• It doesn’t seem like Harris will be in 2019 unless it’s midyear. Could be wrong, but haven’t heard anything lately.

• @FarmerJayhawk I heard today, 2020

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@FarmerJayhawk I heard today, 2020

So what is the plan here? Going to a prep school now?