Place Nominations Here for the Pre Season All Terry Malloy Team

• After what has happened to Selby, Alexander, Diallo, and Preston, just at KU, it seems like fans ought to mentally prepare—maybe even predictively program—themselves for which will be the five most talented players squandered by what increasingly appears a morally bankrupt eligibility process.

• Alexander, or his own parents, cooked his own goose.

• jaybate 1.0 said:

After what has happened to Selby, Alexander, Diablo, and Preston, just at KU, it seems like fans ought to mentally prepare—maybe even predictively program—themselves for which will be the five most talented players squandered by what increasingly appears a morally bankrupt eligibility process.

Why do you call it a morally bankrupt eligibility process? The rules are clearly spelled and all the players that follow the rules (which is the great majority) go through the process without any issues. The process is in place to make sure all school are on a level playing field. Players (or their families/guardians) that don’t follow the rules have no one to blame but themselves.

Now…who is this “Diablo” player you speak of? Isn’t he a natural candidate for the Duke Blue “Devils” or Kentucky, since Calipari likely already has a pact with him? I prefer we take someone like Jesus Shuttlesworth. 😃

• JayHawkFanToo said:

jaybate 1.0 said:

After what has happened to Selby, Alexander, Diablo, and Preston, just at KU, it seems like fans ought to mentally prepare—maybe even predictively program—themselves for which will be the five most talented players squandered by what increasingly appears a morally bankrupt eligibility process.

Why do you call it a morally bankrupt eligibility process? The rules are clearly spelled and all the players that follow the rules (which is the great majority) go through the process without any issues. The process is in place to make sure all school are on a level playing field. Players (or their families/guardians) that don’t follow the rules have no one to blame but themselves.

Now…who is this “Diablo” player you speak of? Isn’t he a natural candidate for the Duke Blue “Devils” or Kentucky, since Calipari likely already has a pact with him? I prefer we take someone like Jesus Shuttlesworth. 😃

——————

Be my guest. Enjoy defending the virtues of this conveyor belt system!!!

Howling!!!

• wissox said:

Alexander, or his own parents, cooked his own goose.

—————-

That’s one way to view it. I suppose one can justify holding young and old persons inexperienced with a system with a long history of reputed corruption as responsible for giving into the temptation of that corruption. But when does one clean up the corruption that recurringly tempts the inexperienced?

I recall persons similarly blaming the young prize fighters that succumbed to temptation by the ubiquitous corruption in the fight game back in the 1960s. They and prize fighting leaders reputedly kept blaming the fighters until there was little left of the sport of boxing, but the corruption. I didn’t find the logic adequate the with prize fighting. It appears inadequate now regarding college basketball.

Bottom line: if fans don’t want basketball to go the way of boxing, they need to move beyond just assigning blame to the inexperienced young and old giving into temptation by the recurrent possibly systemic corruption.

The game apparently needs cleaning up.