Well this ought to get you haters some fire

• LOL - - wanted to post this just for the haters why? - -cause haters gonna hate. - HEY don’t hate the player - -hate the game.

Just heard off CBS sports that my beloved Yankees are now considered one of the front runners for- - - – Manny Machado lol - -OMG say it isn’t so. which would create a line up of Gardner - - -Judge - - -Stanton - - -Torres- - -Sanchez- - - Gregorius - & Andujar - -for just a few - -mercy what would we ever do

But take some solace , actually my boys was looking for another starting Pitcher - -doesn’t look like that will happen - so like the CBS guy said so how do you contend with Boston? - -you add another bat - if they land him - -good luck. - -might not be able to match the mighty White Sox but think we will be ok. - have a great day everyone

• Just that much sweeter when you lose.

Never been a Machado fan. Kind of a d-bag, imo. The Yankees are too nice with guys like Stanton and Judge. Need more unlikeable people. Why stop with Machado? Maybe you can land Nelson Cruz, Rougned Odour, Hunter Strickland or some other easy to hate players while you’re at it.

• Odour has a special place in my heart after he socked Joey Bats.

Would love to see the Yankees make a dumb trade and then lose in the WC game. It’d be poetic.

• approxinfinity said:

Just that much sweeter when you lose.

Never been a Machado fan. Kind of a d-bag, imo. The Yankees are too nice with guys like Stanton and Judge. Need more unlikeable people. Why stop with Machado? Maybe you can land Nelson Cruz, Rougned Odour, Hunter Strickland or some other easy to hate players while you’re at it.

Haters gonna hate wether we got easy to hate guys- -or hate to the guys - that’s what makes the world go round. - -Just a little side note- -we REALLY haven’t been losing that much , not sure it you’ve checked the standings or not lol. it’s gonna be ok

• That’s why I laugh at the Yankees and their fans. For the all star team that they field every season only having 2 titles since the millennium and 5 since 78. Now that would be good most other franchises but for a team that yields the best player in the game at several spots and has for years its laughable that they ever miss the playoffs.

• @jayballer73 Machado says he’s not willing to change position from short stop in a trade.

• @kjayhawks Good for you , you keep laughing , we just keep winning but thank you like I said haters gonna hate - it’s ok. MAYBE some day you can have a team too. - let me know when you do. - -thanks for the giggles though - -I needed a good laugh to start my day - your all right. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• What is a Yankee? What is this sport you’re talking about - is it even real? There are only two real sports, College Basketball and football. Everything else is just garbage that somebody made up because they couldn’t play the first two.

• @jayballer73

Considering how much the Yankees spend, there is no question they have grossly underachieved. It has nothing to do with hating, it is an objective observation that anyone that looks at the number agrees… heck, probably the Yankees themselves agree.

• Baseball is cyclical. Right now the Yankees are in an upswing because they have some inexpensive in house talent and were able to bring in big names from elsewhere. But once their in house guys get expensive, they will go through a down cycle where they are saddled with big contracts that limit their flexibility, right around the same time some of the smaller market teams are ready to jump in again.

• nuleafjhawk said:

What is a Yankee? What is this sport you’re talking about - is it even real? There are only two real sports, College Basketball and football. Everything else is just garbage that somebody made up because they couldn’t play the first two.

Well I will agree for sure with you on this - - -I love College sports a whole lot more then professional sports period. - I will take College over pro any day. I can sit and watch my # 1 love College basketball 7 days a week 24 hours a day if it were possible for me and not even care who I’m watching but obviously would love to see KU all those times - -the College football. - -I will say that on the Pro level Football is the best for me on that level - -then baseball - then bringing up the rear would be basketball.

I very seldom watch ANY professional basketball during the regular season only the playoffs, although since more KU players coming into the light once in a great while I might watch a few minutes( for instance now with JO JO- ya I’ll watch - -or Frank

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@jayballer73

Considering how much the Yankees spend, there is no question they have grossly underachieved. It has nothing to do with hating, it is an objective observation that anyone that look at the number agrees… heck, probably the Yankees themselves agree.

It has everything to do with hating - -you hate because New York is in a huge money market revenue , your mad because little markets like KC can’t compete money wise - -has a lot to do with the size of the market. - New York can’t help it for the size of the city.

If you are old enough to remember when free agency was in the infant stage KC was in on one of the first huge free agents - came down to KC & NY for all practical purposes Catfish Hunter - - -at the end of the story Catfish simply said - -wasn’t about the money as much as he wanted to pay for a winner period. – It IS all about hate/jealousy . - -I would bet your last dime if KC had the kind of money that NY has they would be doing the EXACT same thing spending mega dollars on free agents - or as the pretenders like to try and say buy championships. - You wanna try and tell me that if that was the case that your team wouldn’t be dong the same thing? - You wanna try and sit there and tell me that your team would do better? --go ahead knock yourself out.

If you know anything you would know it’s not by any means all about NY buying big time players. -This was just brought to light and talked about the other night when the discussion of NY going after Manny , who you think has the best farm system in the majors right now - - umm the Yankees, that works by drafting players out of College - -developing those players - so where is all the other farm systems? - doesn’t every team have the opportunity to draft the same players develop the same players out of College? - Don’t hate

Last time I checked NY was winning championships long before big time free agent players/signings - hmm let’s see holds the most of any team in the majors I think what is it again? - -oh ya 26 - who is next? - -not even close. - -you talk about only 3 in the last however many years? - how many have others won? - - more then 1? - - maybe maybe there MIGHT be a team that has won 2—not even sure about that. - -But I knew I could get somebody’s fire out of this got it - - mission accomplished. - -really just passing time through this boring summer anyways till my real pastime rolls around - - COLLEGE BASKETBALL. -but don’t try and bring that here and talk about so called under achieve - -when you got so called other professional teams that are suppose to have also professional players and they have records of like 29-60 - -that’s professional? - -come on now - if you have anything close to professional talent you would think you could field a team that was at least competitive . - -but I still appreciate your opinion - that’s why I like this site - I hope no one takes this personal not intended for any of this to be like that. - -Have a great day my KU friend. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I’d have to care a heck of a lot more about the Yankees to bother hating them.

• This is a stupid topic that gets brought up every offseason. This isn’t the place to bring this and all you want to do is gloat and troll. If you want to talk about how good the Yankees are I can only imagine how many other boards exist on the internet to talk about that.

• @dylans or ANY OTHER team to hate right?

• @jayballer73 yup. Baseball… I only care every 20 years or so when the Royals are good. And even then I only care about the Royals not the opposition.

• @Kcmatt7 Umm excuse me pardner - now you have hit a nerve. - - A stupid topic? - -Really? - you know how many stupid topics are brought up on here other then MINE as you so sweetly put it? - I’ve seen multitudes of stupid posts yet never made that kind of comment. I’ve seen OTHERS many others argue debate on as you say stupid topics that just go on and on and on seeing who can best the other - you need to get off me with that crap. I’ve put this under GENERAL discussion which means it can be about ANYTHING - - -ANYTHING AT ALL - that’s why it’s under General Discussion - -so be greatly appreciated if you don’t like the thread I post - then just don’t fricken respond to it. No one put a gun to your head and tell you have to comment on this. - You don’t like the thread just ignore it pretty simple. - -Again General Discussion doesn’t have to be about Ku - - nor does it have to meet your standards - -'m glad I’ve made your day so time for you to move on now right - - no need to comment - nothing to see here because it’s a stupid post - - unbelievable - -really?

• OK so I can please everyone or who thinks I post stupid threads - whoever then Lock this thread screw it – I sure don’t want for people to have to look at stupid threads - -really sweet knowing I post stupid shit - -go ahead lock this down

• Just calm down my dude. You CLEARLY meant to troll everyone. The title of the thread is “THIS OUGHT TO GET YOU HATERS SOME FIRE”

I’m just trying to point out, we don’t appreciate it. I know it’s summer and you’re probably bored, but this isn’t the place to come troll. This is a place for discussion and debate and self policing.

I would have liked to discuss whether or not I think the Yankees should or shouldn’t trade for Machado. Interesting topic of discussion. Or what they do with their roster if the do indeed trade for him. Where does everyone move to?

But that isn’t what you did. You came onto a KU website to kick a bunch of Royals fans while they are WAY down. Full well knowing that you were trying to get a rise out of people.

• jayballer73 said:

@kjayhawks Good for you , you keep laughing , we just keep winning but thank you like I said haters gonna hate - it’s ok. MAYBE some day you can have a team too. - let me know when you do. - -thanks for the giggles though - -I needed a good laugh to start my day - your all right. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

When was the last Yankees WS title? It’s been so long I don’t remember. 🤔

• jayballer73 said:

JayHawkFanToo said:

@jayballer73

Considering how much the Yankees spend, there is no question they have grossly underachieved. It has nothing to do with hating, it is an objective observation that anyone that look at the number agrees… heck, probably the Yankees themselves agree.

It has everything to do with hating - -you hate because New York is in a huge money market revenue , your mad because little markets like KC can’t compete money wise - -has a lot to do with the size of the market. - New York can’t help it for the size of the city.

If you are old enough to remember when free agency was in the infant stage KC was in on one of the first huge free agents - came down to KC & NY for all practical purposes Catfish Hunter - - -at the end of the story Catfish simply said - -wasn’t about the money as much as he wanted to pay for a winner period. – It IS all about hate/jealousy . - -I would bet your last dime if KC had the kind of money that NY has they would be doing the EXACT same thing spending mega dollars on free agents - or as the pretenders like to try and say buy championships. - You wanna try and tell me that if that was the case that your team wouldn’t be dong the same thing? - You wanna try and sit there and tell me that your team would do better? --go ahead knock yourself out.

If you know anything you would know it’s not by any means all about NY buying big time players. -This was just brought to light and talked about the other night when the discussion of NY going after Manny , who you think has the best farm system in the majors right now - - umm the Yankees, that works by drafting players out of College - -developing those players - so where is all the other farm systems? - doesn’t every team have the opportunity to draft the same players develop the same players out of College? - Don’t hate

Last time I checked NY was winning championships long before big time free agent players/signings - hmm let’s see holds the most of any team in the majors I think what is it again? - -oh ya 26 - who is next? - -not even close. - -you talk about only 3 in the last however many years? - how many have others won? - - more then 1? - - maybe maybe there MIGHT be a team that has won 2—not even sure about that. - -But I knew I could get somebody’s fire out of this got it - - mission accomplished. - -really just passing time through this boring summer anyways till my real pastime rolls around - - COLLEGE BASKETBALL. -but don’t try and bring that here and talk about so called under achieve - -when you got so called other professional teams that are suppose to have also professional players and they have records of like 29-60 - -that’s professional? - -come on now - if you have anything close to professional talent you would think you could field a team that was at least competitive . - -but I still appreciate your opinion - that’s why I like this site - I hope no one takes this personal not intended for any of this to be like that. - -Have a great day my KU friend. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

But Too was just bringing up a valid point. He wasn’t upset or using angry language. And he is correct, objectively speaking. The Yankees underachieve. KU has underachieved a lot under Self too, it’s just the nature of the beast when the expectations are enormous.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Just calm down my dude. You CLEARLY meant to troll everyone. The title of the thread is “THIS OUGHT TO GET YOU HATERS SOME FIRE”

I’m just trying to point out, we don’t appreciate it. I know it’s summer and you’re probably bored, but this isn’t the place to come troll. This is a place for discussion and debate and self policing.

I would have liked to discuss whether or not I think the Yankees should or shouldn’t trade for Machado. Interesting topic of discussion. Or what they do with their roster if the do indeed trade for him. Where does everyone move to?

But that isn’t what you did. You came onto a KU website to kick a bunch of Royals fans while they are WAY down. Full well knowing that you were trying to get a rise out of people.

I’m not sure what was expected. There has to be some give and take with a thread like this. @jayballer73 you were clearly having some fun with the OP right? So others were just having some good natured fun back.

• @jayballer73

You could not be more wrong. I barely follow the Royals during a good year (and only because the results are announced during sports news) and I really don’t give a rat’s ass about the Yankees, so no, hate was not at all part of my reply. Perhaps if you take off your “everybody hates the Yankees” glasses you would see that most posters have indicated pretty much the same thing and you keep popping a gasket and I am not sure if it is is because you perceive a personal attack or because it just bothers you we don’t really care about the Yankees…most of us really, really, REALLY don’t.

The better question is…why are we even discussing the Yankees in this forum?

• @JayHawkFanToo I’m all for baseball talk and if he wants to talk about the Yankees that’s fine. But don’t make a troll thread and expect zero kickback.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Just calm down my dude. You CLEARLY meant to troll everyone. The title of the thread is “THIS OUGHT TO GET YOU HATERS SOME FIRE”

Let’s get this straight.- - Clearly not " TROLLING anyone/everyone. The title to the thread is all in fun and YOU proved my point. Someone who has thin skin. No different when people like yourself that has no problem kicking a Yankee team - -more likely then not a K-State or Missouri - or Kentucky - -or any other sports team when THEIR down throwin your self proclaimed jokes attempt at humor. - Wait you never do that do you - No not me surely not.

If that was what I was surely trying to do - - - - -then " SUCCESS " guess that worked huh? you’ve proven that. - -your so mis guided in thinking this is a troll what a fricken joke. But I will say this let you know ummm I sure the hell ain’t your "DUDE " O I’ll wait cause I know you have just got to have that last word so go ahead I’'ll be here

• @BShark lmao, and who is your team again? - -refresh my memory. - I’m pretty sure it was probably more recent then them and chances are more championships - or has your team had any? lol. - -hope your not really taking this to serious - hope your not ANOTHER thin skinned one here

• But in all seriousness Bshark - the Yankees last championship was 2009. – - -see if people not you but if they wanna exchange blows in good fun which dam right and rib one another - believe me I can take it as well as give it out. See if people really really not me and you can ask anyone that does know me for sure off this site - like I always tell them and they know if you leave the door open a crack - leave yourself open for a jab - I’m gonna jump all over it - -and visa versa that’s the difference between people who REALLY know me and people are thin skinned and get all twisted up and getting personal and don’t really know how to joke - have fun in good spirit - -I did this in fun and yep sure enough you have people coming off like the world is coming to a fricken end holy shit man how does these people act when it’s something serious in REAL LIFE I hate to think.

I have people call me fair weathered - -bandwagon fan just riding winners - well news flash I was there in the bad years too going through those times with the Yankees when they sucked. from 1965-74 finishing like 25 games behind- -26 1/2 games – 20, 20, 28 1/2 , 15 21 games behind the leader at the end of the year - - - They were still my Yankees - that’s the difference between a fan and a bandwagon fan -then people call me their " DUDE " umm were not back in the Western days - -and this sure isn’t the Gun Fight at the OK corral. - -So I’ll say again seeing as this is such a stupid thread BUT yet people feel compelled to respond to the quote un quote stupid thread-- - you can’t rib - -and joke some without people just coming un-wired - - LOCK THE DAM THING DOWN that’s all they got to do - I mean it’s so stupid. - -GOD only knows there isn’t any other pathetic threads here and stupid comments - -lock it down plain and simple right?

• I don’t know jayballer73, most people here know I love Badger football and basketball, but I really try not to annoy/antagonize/frustrate other posters by posting much about it.

When you start a post by calling people haters, it’s really pretty childish and is bound to get people riled up.

Again, for someone wanting peace on this board, you got some people riled up again.

I too, hate the Yankees. I’m a baseball fan first and foremost and really despise everything they stand for. I despise the east coast treatment, the media obsession over this team at the expense of every team besides the Red Sox whom I also loathe.

Some are questioning the topic. General discussion means anything I agree. But maybe if you broached the subject by saying do ya’ll think Machado might go to the Yankees then people would discuss it without the negativity. But you came in with your guns drawn and look what happens.

• @wissox Well all I can say after these people reading the title that says haters - -and they read it anyways? - - -no one putting that proverbial gun to their head to read it - just move on - -Again I know 10000% that I am not the ONLY poster here that has posted some as some other like to so sweetly point out as a stupid post - I mean I’ve seen some pretty crazy crap here and it’s drawn some pretty heated responses between people O know your not gonna try and tell me different.

I know there is people that get riled up - -not my problem Do I have a feeling some here don’t like me? - Ya - do I get under some’s skin? Ya - -am I losing any sleep over it? - -ummm no - - do people here want me to be a suck up and agree with everything - -every opinion that people say on here? - -not happening - -I’ll still sleep just fine - -fluff my pillow pull the sheet up and have no problem sleeping, the sun will still come up in the East - -still sit in the West. I can get along with people here but also you think I’m an ass? - -well brother let me tell ya there are others in here that are complete -D - - - -. - -they have made it their mission to bag on everything I say no matter what I say - don’t even try and say different. - I’ve been told back some time ago to get the hell out - ain’t happening I’m here for forum just like the next Joe - -Yet I’m not some ass kisser where I’m gonna agree every single time when people and I don’t agree on topics - -most of the one’s here want that perfect picture --all rosy - no ripples in the water - sorry that’s not me

You despise everything about NY? - -great that’s on you - does that mean squat to me? - -NOPE I can in turn turn around and say the same thing about the Royals - -White Sox -doesn’t mean squat if I DO or not- your entitled to your opinion - - I’m entitled to mine - -that’s bottom line - -nothing changing that. - I will say from the approach from a few on here - -I truly get why some do hate KU fans - because of their arrogance - their greater then thou attitude. - I’ am starting to see some of that myself - and ya they might just be right - it is ugly - in here anyways - -again I say a few not all.

So am I changing the way I think or post or react to others comments? - -Nope - -their entitled to their opinions and how they want and I am too. like it or not. these same people that try to judge take shots of what I post - -how I post - -really need to look in the mirror because like I said I know from reading posts here that I know I’m NOT as some say - -I’m not that post some really stupid shit here - -BELEIVE THAT. - -and this is a perfect example of where people think oh I’ have just got to get that last comment can’t be out done - - her it is - - let it go - move on - what the hell do people do when it’s something really serious here? - I mean holy crap – - time to move on from this - -I have to get ready to post my next stupid thread. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Goodness this thread took a turn I didn’t see coming. Wow I think basketball season needs to hurry up so we can atleast argue about something worth talking about lol. I’m not a yanks fan as stated, I’m an avid royals fan when they actually field a major league team. Sometimes I think we all just like to argue.

• I don’t have time to read all this. It’s not a surprise that this thread ended where it apparently did. There’s nothing wrong with the Yankees as a topic. That’s what forums are for. Please refrain from calling other posters threads “stupid” @Kcmatt7 . Also @jayballer73 , please be considerate that when you start to “gloat and troll” which I think is an accurate representation of the original post, that the onus of keeping it civil is on you. It’s fine bringing the bravissimo that way, but then you need to be the one keeping everything from boiling over.

@kjayhawks said:

Sometimes I think we all just like to argue.

Agreed.

• @approxinfinity let’s just hope others remember your fine words when they post some that show up.- thank you

• I appreciated this quote from Machado. Classy.

Knowing it was likely the last time he would wear an Orioles uniform, Machado said his emotions were “Amazing. Through the roof. It was a tremendous honor to wear this uniform. They gave me the opportunity to come up and play in the big leagues. That’s everyone’s dream, and they gave me that. They gave me the opportunity to play shortstop again. The organization has done everything, so if this is the last time, hopefully I treated them well and did everything I can for the organization.”