2020 PRELIMINARY ROUND SITES

First/Second St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center

First/Second Omaha, NE CenturyLink Center

Regional Indianapolis, IN Lucas Oil Stadium

Regional Houston, TX Toyota Center

2021 PRELIMINARY ROUND SITES

First/Second Wichita, KS Intrust Bank Arena

Regional Denver, CO Pepsi Center

• We basically always play in our own backyard up to the FF, which you would think would be a bigger advantage than it has been. Honestly, it is pathetic how poorly we play in non-con games at the Sprint Center. No real excuses to not make B2B FFs with the group we will have next season and playing less than 4 hours away both rounds.

Also, fwiw, I love Minneapolis. Great city with great people. I would love to go to that FF.

• Kcmatt7 said:

We basically always play in our own backyard up to the FF,

This destroys the minds of KSU and WSU fans btw.

• @BShark it makes sense if you saw how poorly KSU traveled to Atlanta… NCAA is all about filling seats and games close to Wichita and KC with KU in them means tickets sold.

• @Kcmatt7 The other thing is, if they had a great year and were seeded highly, they’d get the same treatment. Which they fail to grasp.

• WSU whined because they didn’t get to play in Wichita, I explained to them a host school can’t play there. Then they whine about KU playing in KC and I explained since the B12 tournament is there, the conference hosts it. If they could get the AAC to play the conference tournament in Intrust they could play there. KSU could play in Wichita if they were good enough to get a top 4 seed, they ain’t gonna give a 9 seed home court advantage. @Kcmatt7 hit the nail on the head, it’s still a business anyway you wanna slice it, why else was OU in the tournament. It’s the same reason why the conference tournament is in KC every year, when it was in OKC or Dallas it never sold out. I honestly wonder if playing close to home sometimes puts more pressure on us, I think that’s why we lost to Oregon.

• History would suggest that we will not make the FF next season. Although more talented, much less experienced. Which has not been Self’s best seasons at Kansas overall. That said, Self has thrown some flys in the ole ointment as of late. So I wouldn’t count us out