Senior Day Pre and Post game ceremonies

• Does anyone know if the pre and post game ceremonies (speeches) will be televised or streamed on line somewhere?

It would have been ideal programming for ESPN 3 but their schedule shows only the game and it would be blacked out in Kansas anyway.

• @JayHawkFanToo If it is on ESPN3, there is a way to get around it being blacked out in the state of Kansas. As soon as I get home from work i’ll follow up on this post and tell you the program to use to skirt that little issue. It’s the only way I was able to watch the 6 games that were on TWCSN

• @HawkInMizery

I have done all the usual tweaks but they do not work on Surewest, now Consolidated Communications, since their area of service is limited to the Johnson County area (and Sacramento, Ca).

In any case, ESPN3 is scheduled to stream only the game starting at 7:00 PM.

• @JayHawkFanToo So people with Surewest can’t use ESPN3 if they are outside of the state travelling? The program I use changes your IP address to make it look ike it’s broadcasting from somewhere else in the country.

• @JayHawkFanToo they will post them afterwards, pretty sure! KU sports will probably have it.

• @HawkInMizery

When you travel you use the internet provider to which you are connected at the time, not the one you have at home…unless you are using a dial-up connection and modem. I can get all the ESPN3 programming except the blacked out KU games.

I have a couple of programs that changes the IP address but not the provider and since Surewest does not have a national presence. you can’t really do it. Hopefully after the full merger goes through and East Coast nets are added we might be able to access it as we can spoof an IP in, say, Pennsylvania where Surewest will have a presence…

• @JayHawkFanToo That makes sense! I wish they would do away with all this blackout nonsense. It’s not like AFH is hurting to sell seats unlike some football or baseball stadiums that get blacked out. They could put another 10,000 seats at AFH and it would still sell out.

• @JayHawkFanToo Also I use a comcast login which has a huge presence on the east coast so that’s probably why I was able to get away with it.

• @JayHawkFanToo The last ESPN3 game was on Full Court, believe it or not. Earlier ones were blacked out. I’m hoping they will carry it again. If not I’ll be tying justin.tv.

• @oldalum Make that “trying” justin.tv.

• @oldalum Justin.tv is normally pretty good about having the games. The stream quality isn’t always the best though. They should just get rid of the blackout since the Fieldhouse has sold out for what, 200+games?

• @HawkInMizery

The blackout kicks in when the game is not on national TV or the Jayhawk network so it will not compete with Metro Sports. A very missguided and stupid idea.

• @JayHawkFanToo Stupid and misguided indeed. Not everybody has access to TWC and some people don’t want to do business with TWC. Of course they will be Comcast very soon, so that may all be moot.

• @HawkInMizery

Comcast is as bad or worse that TWC.

• @JayHawkFanToo It’s really to bad we don’t have an a la carte option for TV. I don’t like forking over money to the cable company when I won’t even watch 90% of the channels. I pretty much watch ESPN, TNT, and USA. It would be nice if we could jsut pay for the channels we wanted and when you entered in to an agreement like that for ESPN they agree to not black you out regardless of local competition or either offer you the stream of the local broadcast as part of your fee for service.

• @HawkInMizery

We have Google and its super fast Internet/TV coming to Olathe in the near future; it will surely change things quite a bit. At the very least it will give us an additional option. In my area, the only current option are Surewest and Comcast and Surewest is by far the lesser of two evils.