2AD?

• Ugh another poorly thought out request

• Lol who is going to force the NBA to do this? Would Frank Mason have made the cut on this Elite Player list? Pretend I go absolutely bananas my freshmen year, and prove I am a top 5 pick in the NBA draft. Why the hell would I play a 2nd year? I’d much rather sign an agent and have him pay for my training for the next year and make basketball my sole focus 24/7.

There are a lot of options out there. But none of them are feasible without the NBA’s involvement in the process. The NBA can’t even force a future top 5 pick to play a second season though. So I don’t know how in the world they are going to make this happen. Especially if you see Mitchell Robinson and Afernee Simmons get drafted this year. I don’t know why some guys haven’t just sat out for a year and trained.

• Banned

Kcmatt7 said:

Lol who is going to force the NBA to do this? Would Frank Mason have made the cut on this Elite Player list? Pretend I go absolutely bananas my freshmen year, and prove I am a top 5 pick in the NBA draft. Why the hell would I play a 2nd year? I’d much rather sign an agent and have him pay for my training for the next year and make basketball my sole focus 24/7.

There are a lot of options out there. But none of them are feasible without the NBA’s involvement in the process. The NBA can’t even force a future top 5 pick to play a second season though. So I don’t know how in the world they are going to make this happen. Especially if you see Mitchell Robinson and Afernee Simmons get drafted this year. I don’t know why some guys haven’t just sat out for a year and trained.

I agree it’s a tough pickle. Nothing happens or changes unless the NBA players Union wants a change. I kind of like the MLB approach. If you go to college you have to go for 3 years.

• @DoubleDD it’s easy to say that, but college doesn’t develop players well enough in its current form for the NBAPA to agree to that. Nor does it pay players when the NBA would and taking out 3 years of potential earnings is a lot.

My thought is this: Add 10 games to the season and adopt NBA rules. That fixes a lot of the development issues most will have. Let players hire agents who’s job is to simply fetch endorsement deals. That takes care of the fair compensation issues. I wouldn’t have any requirements to stay. My thing is that I would simply create an environment that makes the decision to Stay in college a profitable one for the players. Where they are getting proper development and paid fairly so that they only go to the NBA when they are ready to go.