Farewell Alex

• @BShark Class Act!

• Happy to say he played here. Will go down as a top QB to ever put on a Chiefs uniform. If he struggles with Washington, I hope he retires as a Chief. But something tells me that won’t be the case…

• Kcmatt7 said:

Happy to say he played here. Will go down as a top QB to ever put on a Chiefs uniform. If he struggles with Washington, I hope he retires as a Chief. But something tells me that won’t be the case…

Lenny might disagree.

• @Gunman He said “a top” not “the top”. I would put him at #3.

• Sorry for the comment. Thanks mayjay.

• @mayjay Top three?

Lenny, Alex and … Steve DeBerg? Or Joe Montana with the bulging elbow bursa sac?

0_1521422702571_j_montana_100930_WIDE.jpg

• How about Elvis “3 passes short of a first down in 2-minute drills” Grbac?

No, I am going with Joe. Not there long, but memorable.

• Trent Green pre-concussion was pretty nice too.

• @mayjay Speaking of class, I recall wfe was on red eye 👁 flight with Dawson to SF when covering trade for Joe M. for HBO Inside the NFL & KMBC channel 9. Said he was major league pissed 😤 & bitched the entire time complaining about everything nonstop. Cheap red eye? No first class-not even a business class? Was even talk at the time if Joe would get #16 to wear but that is Lens retired #. Not a chance.

Bill Kenny was a great QB on some bad teams & Trent Green PDG until he got the 🛎 rung. Don’t know if he was always this way but during his HBO television days Dawson acted a just a little bigger than his britches . In contrast Trent is still an outstanding & contributing member of the KC community. Lots of service, church, school mentoring, plus philanthropy. Very humble man. Times are different now I guess.

• I liked Dave “small hands” Kreig more than most people did, although he wasn’t with the Chiefs very long. Rich Gannon was OK too IMO. Todd Blackledge? Oh boy, there was a smart draft pick.

I grew up in Illinois and followed the Bears/NFC Central Div. When I moved to KC in 1990, I thought (of Len Dawson) “Who the f is this guy?” He had the HBO show, was sports anchor on channel 9, and did insufferable color commentary for the chiefs radio.

His most productive playing days were a little before my time, but it seemed to me that he hung around KC so he could be treated like royalty.

• @DanR Thing I recall most about Kreig was the MNF game Derrick Thomas sacked him 5 or 6 times. Seems to me he did win the game for Seattle on the very last play as time expired. Maye I’m wrong but have to run now but someone can gaggle it for us…

• @Buster-1926 Yep, last second DK got away and Seattle won. Good memory!

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/11/12/sports/thomas-of-chiefs-gets-7-sacks.html

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.