Sammy Watkins to the Chiefs

• Absolutely love it. Even with the 3yr - $48M price tag. I would guess that it is $30M guaranteed through the first two years with the option to cut him after the 2nd year if he isn’t performing. But, the 24 year old WR should be a huge addition that helps the pass and run game.

The Watkins, Kelce and Hill combo looks like a terror on paper. Hunt should be able to run against 6 or 7 man boxes all season now.

Chiefs building something special, imo.

• A real #2 wr? Not bad.

• Hitchens signing isn’t too shabby either. Chiefs really needed LB help.

• What’s that leave 10 million in cap space now? Or is it more with Parker and Tamba’s release? They were several million over before they started trading and cutting people right and left, so I’m lost.

• This is a good pair of signings. Watkins is a big play threat that can compliment Hill nicely and let Mahomes show of that arm strength (if Watkins is ever healthy).

• @dylans Still plenty of room. I’d think that Watkins Cap hit this year is about $12M. Hitchens is probably $7M or $8M. Next year they will probably both jump, but with the cap increase that will be fine.

My estimation, based off of spotrac, is that we still have $3M in cap room after the draft. I expect Allen Bailey to get cut still, so add $6M.

We have about $9M or $10M left to spend this year, but there is always a way of finding more. Cutting Harris would save $2M, West $1.7M, Conley $2M, Witzman $1.3M, Zombo $1M.

Basically, if we need the money to bring in another big talent, it is there. We also have 8 draft picks once trades are finalized tomorrow. So we can build any depth we need through the draft or swap some of those for teams looking to get rid of vets.

There is also another $16M in dead money this year that we will have to work with next season. So, we can probably sign a big name and push most of the “cap hit” into next season.

The Chiefs got out of Cap Hell when they traded Smith and Cut Tamba. Just need to keep most of these deals under 3 years so we can sign Hill and Mahomes when the time comes.

• @BShark Has to be the best 1-2 combo at wideout the Chiefs have ever had.

Really nervous to see Mahomes though. If he throws 25 ints, then it won’t really matter what our weapons look like.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark Has to be the best 1-2 combo at wideout the Chiefs have ever had.

Really nervous to see Mahomes though. If he throws 25 ints, then it won’t really matter what our weapons look like.

At least we will have good receivers to chase the intercepting DBs. Let’s just hope none of our offensive players is among team leaders in tackles.

• @mayjay haha I hope that’s not why Reid wanted fast receivers!