Thursday 1PM CST

• KU plays Penn in Wichitard. Game is on TBS.

• Need a ticket

• Svi looks huge next to dg

• Crappy game time lol, I think @cragarhawk and I may try to go Saturday, if we win of course.

• @kjayhawks you got tickets?

• kjayhawks said:

Crappy game time lol, I’m think @cragarhawk and I may try to go Saturday, if we win of course.

Oh cool. You guys buds?

• @kjayhawks have u been there? You don’t want the nose bleeds. It would be better to watch on tv.

• @BShark Ya, you could say that lol. It’s just to close no to go, intrust is an hour from my driveway. The trouble is right now tickets are $250 and I’m too poor for that.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Never been to a tournament game I’ll be happy if I can go at all.

• kjayhawks said:

@BShark Ya, you could say that lol. It’s just to close no to go, intrust is an hour from my driveway. The trouble is right now tickets are $250 and I’m too poor for that.

I was thinking about going but that’s a lot for me as well.

• @kjayhawks me either, went to a concert there. They r high up.

• BShark said:

KU plays Penn in Wichitard. Game is on TBS.

Hey hey hey…easy on Wichita. Don’t hold the Shox and Marsha against Wichita.

• @truehawk93 Been there a lot, not a fan. Better than Manhattan tho!

• @BShark

That’s compliment…I think.

• Brad Nessler / Steve Lavin / Evan Washburn announcers.

To me, that’s an average group. I’m not angry about it.

We should get Kevin Harlan if we get to Omaha though, which would be FANTASTIC.

• @truehawk93 The neighborhoods I could afford to live in Wichita, I’d get my TV stolen every night lol. WSU is in such a crappy part of town, I had some friends that went there it was prefectly normal for their cars to get broke into. Old Town used to be decent when I was younger, now someone gets shot or stabbed almost weekly there.

• I type corrected…Providence are the Friars, not Quakers…

• kjayhawks said:

@truehawk93 The neighborhoods I could afford to live in Wichita, I’d get my TV stolen every night lol. WSU is in such a crappy part of town, I had some friends that went there it was prefectly normal for their cars to get broke into. Old Town used to be decent when I was younger, now someone gets shot or stabbed almost weekly there.

haha…hmmm…which areas? About three come to mind. I grew up in West Wichita.

It gets a little rough when you get East of the Little and Big Arkansas. Stay West of there and they’re not too bad…North and South along the River. If you go N through Valley Center and South through Haysville, it’s not too bad.

North high area is a little rough. South isn’t too bad. SE isn’t too bad. West sits right in the heart of Wichita. NW and Bishop Carrol not too bad, East sits in a rough area. You could handle the outliers of Rose Hill, Derby, Haysville, Maize, Goddard, Valley Center (Heights sits roughly around), Park City (has history with BTK, and the Carr bros, yes, likely same Carr family or related to Antoine formerly of WSU), but overall, not a bad place.

• @truehawk93 Very true about Wichita State being in a very bad part of Wichita. - -Hell I used to work at a convienence store right south of there on Hillside. - Hell guys came in there and would ask hey what car is yours we want to break in and steal it lol – WTF?

I used to live right after I got out of High School and moved there I liver down my McConnell AFB - -off Oliver - an apartment complex called Battin apts - -wasn’t to bad - - - Then moved in with my 2nd wife and she lived in a little duplex almost cadi corner from Wichita East lol - in a alley right behind Douglas-- - - oh ya real nice lol.

Then I lived off 31st and South Meriden - in some apartments - -pretty nice - -But I loved living in Wichita - -lived there for 13 years - -a lot better then living here in Topeka - -but hey it is what it is lol

• @jayballer73

At least they were honest thieves.

• @jayballer73

Ohhhh…East Douglas…alley? Whoa, now that’s rough.

• @truehawk93 Lmao - - -yes they were. - Thing is if they would have followed through - -you wouldn’t of seen me trying to stop them lol.

Another thing about Wichita - -or it was when I was there - -one thing you didn’t want to happen was being arrested by the Wichita Police. - They had several complaints about Police brutality and just overall bad seen with the police there. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• So these games will be played in the illustrious INTRUST Bank Center…I’ve never been there. It’s visible off Kellogg (54), looking just North. It’s actually on the “FlyOver” before you get to the Hillside area.

Anyone going? I’m tempted, but not sure what tix are available. I live in the OKC area. I went to the horrible game in the then Ford Center with Cole and Collins…the UNI nightmare. By the way, I’m still trying to figure out what a Farokmanesh really is…

• @truehawk93 YA almost directly across from Wichita East. - -That was when I was working for Sutherlands Lumber on 21st - - then I went to work for Allen Electric - right down the street from where the Police officer got shot in the head while sittin in his car.

Hell the electrical warehouse that I worked at still had holes in their concrete they used for shotgun ports during the riots that went on - -right don the block from loafers lounge – not good lol. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• truehawk93 said:

So these games will be played in the illustrious INTRUST Bank Center…I’ve never been there. It’s visible off Kellogg (54), looking just North. It’s actually on the “FlyOver” before you get to the Hillside area.

Anyone going? I’m tempted, but not sure what tix are available. I live in the OKC area. I went to the horrible game in the then Ford Center with Cole and Collins…the UNI nightmare. By the way, I’m still trying to figure out what a Farokmanesh really is…

NEVER GO TO ANOTHER TOURNAMENT GAME AGAIN. IT IS YOUR SACRED DUTY.

• @jayballer73

There was a QT just East of downtown a while back in the Water area. Some guy crawled in the back of the car while the owner was in the QT. The clerk calmly said, don’t go to your car someone just climed in the back. They called the cops and arrested the idiot.

• @BShark

As long as there is NO Farokmanesh…

• 10 and 11 made me the saddest since 97 and 03.

• BShark said:

truehawk93 said:

So these games will be played in the illustrious INTRUST Bank Center…I’ve never been there. It’s visible off Kellogg (54), looking just North. It’s actually on the “FlyOver” before you get to the Hillside area.

NEVER GO TO ANOTHER TOURNAMENT GAME AGAIN. IT IS YOUR SACRED DUTY.

I think it was a bad omen for a JHawk fan to live in the OKC area, from Kansas, and then attending a game in OKC. Maybe my juju will change this time. Maybe it will be reversed since the game is in Wichita. There’s no place like home?

• BShark said:

10 and 11 made me the saddest since 97 and 03.

Cuse/Anthony and UNI…

• The title was right there for the taking in 11. 😕

• @jayballer73 Everytime I go down 21st in Wichita right off the interstate toward Koch Arena, that little gas station is loaded with cops for one reason or another. I’m a small town guy, I love peace and quiet. No bass bumping all hours of the night and it’s a safe place for kids.

• @kjayhawks ✊🏻

I technically don’t even live in a town now. It’s an “unincorporated census-designated place”. Wouldn’t trade it for a big city.

• If I was to move to a bigger city it would probably be LFK. My wife actually applied for a job in the area several years ago but didn’t get it. I don’t think we’d move anytime soon, we have a kid now which makes it harder to move. Lawrence definitely has some shady part too but over all the crime is considerably less there compared to KC, Topeka and Wichita for it being one of the bigger cities in the state. Plus if we moved up there I’d go broke going to KU games and my wife would kill me lol. @BShark I live in a town of 600 people, Wichita is an hour away and Salina is 30 minutes away so it not to far to do anything and living in a smaller town is way cheaper than the city. We’d loved to live out in the country but it’s too expensive.

• truehawk93 said:

BShark said:

10 and 11 made me the saddest since 97 and 03.

Cuse/Anthony and UNI…

86 leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

• @Gunman it’s hard to narrow it down to toughest or saddest. They all hurt a little I think, that 97 team was amazing, all the Final four loses hurt especially the title games because it’s so hard to get there and you never know when we’ll get back. The 05 and 10 upsets hurt because we had guys that had N.C. experience on both teams and talent to beat anyone. 11 and 13 hurt because we had such favorable roads if we were to pull of those wins. The last two years hurt because the guys like Perry, Mari, Frank and LL worked so hard for years and come so close to getting a big banner.

• There is no doubt in my crazy Jayhawk mind that KU had the best team in 2010.

• Super good in 11 too. Easily top 3 each of those seasons.

• But none of those loses hurt as much as what some fans go thru by not even making a final four, let alone a NC.

• @kjayhawks if you moved to LFK you would be blinded by hopeless optimism

• BShark said:

Brad Nessler / Steve Lavin / Evan Washburn announcers.

To me, that’s an average group. I’m not angry about it.

We should get Kevin Harlan if we get to Omaha though, which would be FANTASTIC.

Ohh great would love to have Harlan calling those potential games

• So did we get the shaft with the 16 seeds? I don’t know but they play a quirky style…

Penn’s coach has experience against KU, was coaching Cornell who came to KU and lost by 5 in their banner year in 2010 in which they made the Sweet 16. They defend, shoot the 3 and defend the 3. Stats say they defend the 3 better then any team in America?? Can we really take those numbers to heart.

They played Villanova this year and they were crushed by 28. Good road team actually 9-4 so their style translates. Should be chippy early until we figure out how to attack them. Should focus a ton of our efforts early pounding inside to open up the outside game as they have two 6-8 kids and that’s it.

• @BeddieKU23 Their schedule obviously isn’t great. So that helps their numbers. Lost to Toledo by 13. You remember that Toledo team we played… They could get up in the 70s or so but there is no reason KU shouldn’t get near 100.

• BShark said:

@BeddieKU23 Their schedule obviously isn’t great. So that helps their numbers. Lost to Toledo by 13. You remember that Toledo team we played… They could get up in the 70s or so but there is no reason KU shouldn’t get near 100.

Yep. They have zero length and muscle inside to pose any difficulties against us. Silvio and Mitch should feast inside if they are smart about it.

• @kjayhawks YA Sutherlands used to be there on 21st right by the stock yards. - Stunk really bad - -we could see when we were in the yard see them driving the pigs and cows down the lane for slaughter. - They would boil the hides stink really bad. - We had a foreman that we worked with and every day he would go up in the loft in one of the sheds and SLEEP in the insulation - -take a nap and sleep his hangover off lmao

• Ok guys - -just a side note - - got to run - -time for surgery - -wish me luck - -I SHALL RETURN lol - - no biggie just some surgery on my knee - -AGAIN third time on this knee - -but hey - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

Ok guys - -just a side note - - got to run - -time for surgery - -wish me luck - -I SHALL RETURN lol - - no biggie just some surgery on my knee - -AGAIN third time on this knee - -but hey - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Get well soon! Game Thursday!

• HawkChamp said:

BShark said:

@BeddieKU23 Their schedule obviously isn’t great. So that helps their numbers. Lost to Toledo by 13. You remember that Toledo team we played… They could get up in the 70s or so but there is no reason KU shouldn’t get near 100.

Yep. They have zero length and muscle inside to pose any difficulties against us. Silvio and Mitch should feast inside if they are smart about it.

Our guards being smart enough to play through the post will be important. I would like to see us pound the paint to open up the perimeter. If we break their hearts inside they will forget how to guard the line

• The biggest concern is if Penn pulls a Washington and has some unique strategy to stop the 3. When that happened, there were zero adjustments made other than to keep chucking up guarded three’s. Vick was hesitant in the high-post and Devonte played terribly. If Penn has no such strategy, we win by 20.