How is this possible?

• Michigan State’s Cassius Winston on BTN talking about the team having some freed up time because the conference tourney was a week earlier. He mentions that “Since the Big Ten tourney, Michigan State Basketball scrimmaged, saw “Hamilton” in Chicago & took in a Chicago Bulls game.”

Now if you live under a rock. Hamilton tickets are through the roof expensive. 222 for a showing today on stubhub. College student athletes presumably do not have spare cash sitting around for hot ticket broadway shows and professional sporting events. I suppose there’s a legit answer for it, but…

MSU, coming off of a scandal plagued season if there ever was one flaunts its privilege by somehow attending Hamilton together? And the BTN brags about it on their network? This crap makes me sick.

• wissox said:

Michigan State’s Cassius Winston on BTN talking about the team having some freed up time because the conference tourney was a week earlier. He mentions that “Since the Big Ten tourney, Michigan State Basketball scrimmaged, saw “Hamilton” in Chicago & took in a Chicago Bulls game.”

Now if you live under a rock. Hamilton tickets are through the roof expensive. 222 for a showing today on stubhub. College student athletes presumably do not have spare cash sitting around for hot ticket broadway shows and professional sporting events. I suppose there’s a legit answer for it, but…

MSU, coming off of a scandal plagued season if there ever was one flaunts its privilege by somehow attending Hamilton together? And the BTN brags about it on their network? This crap makes me sick.

Aren’t you confused; attending ‘Hamilton’ was some sort of discipline/punishment for improper behaviour?

• @wissox Kansas has done the same thing. I think they took in a show in NY years back, and there were all those nice extras on the trip to Italy. Schools are allowed to do some level of special entertainment and restaurants on trips as a team.

Of course, Roy just liked having the team spit in the river. Oh, yay. That sounds like fun.

• @mayjay

I’d imagine it all was above board, but it just seemed odd when I heard about it. MSU wasn’t in Chicago for any sort of game or anything. Tournament was a week ago in NY.