2018-2019 Grad & Sitout Transfer Thread

• BeddieKU23 said:

Rumblings Quade Green could transfer home to play for LaSalle. Amused by this

LOL

Surprised it wouldn’t be Cuse

• Might finally be it for them.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Might finally be it for them.

I honestly wonder what’s going on. He was in line to start.

• @Kcmatt7 I think Marshall is going to regret not leaving. They are not going to be very good the next couple of years.

• @Woodrow I sure hope so.

• Makes sense why they have had some many Juco’s and under the radar recruits on campus lately. They just signed another, Dennis they think is a hidden gem

• BeddieKU23 said:

Makes sense why they have had some many Juco’s and under the radar recruits on campus lately. They just signed another, Dennis they think is a hidden gem

Every WSU recruit is a stud and hidden gem. Last time I interacted with a WSU fan I asked them to tell me exactly who the studs are in this class for them and who ends up being a star and what kind of numbers do they think those kids put up.

Got a bunch of silence in response.

The kid looks like a complete unknown, but also had offers from KSU, Ole Miss and Georgia Tech.

• Oh this whole WSU scenario - has just got me at my wits end - - Mercy - -Mercy what will they ever do Now let’s see Marshal’s real coaching ability. Not sure what the hell is going on-think it’s just been kind of a chain reaction - - -graduates - -then a player decides to test the NBA - then another player says to himself - - holy shit we lost a lot - well the hell with this I’m out don’t want to stick around for this dumpster fire - -then ANOTHER player see’s player A-leaving on top of every one else - -thinks " OH NO "- not happening -if he isn’t staying - - I’m not staying - -like I said chain reaction. - Wouldn’t cause me to faint if McDuffie didn’t end up leaving too. - OK Marsha - - work your magic lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BShark

Looks like the perfect storm at WSU is over and now is clear sailing into oblivion. Wichita has typically gone in cycles, a few good years followed by a longer period of bad years. Marshall should have left when the going was good and his value high. OTOH, if he can get his upcoming team to play at a decent or high level he will prove he is indeed a good coach.

• Agree this will be a test for him. McDuffie if healthy is good but otherwise yeesh.

• What a dumpster fire for Greg. Has he been slingin Gin with Lynn or what?

• McDuffie is their only good player returning. He will be really good for them if healthy but then it’s a bunch of low ranked FR and some JUCOs. It will be a test.

• @BShark

McDuffie has never been a player to create his own shot. But yeah he’s going to be their best player by a country mile.

I don’t see anyway they will even have a winning record

• @BeddieKU23 His SO year was extremely good. If he can return to that form with more usage he could carry them to…the NIT maybe…

• Greggggg

• Some rumors swirling that Reaves was in a relationship with Greg’s daughter and it went south. Shockernet seems divided on the matter.

ALSO THIS WILL STUN YOU BUT THERE IS A KU HATE THREAD ON THE FIRST PAGE.

• @BShark NO - - surely not - - -a KU hate thread on another teams board? - -your pulling my leg - NOT WSU? - - I hear ya man. --not surprised in the least.

• Zach Johnson transfers to Miami. Immediately eligible

Eli Wright from Miss St to St Johns.

Matthew Moyer lands at Vandy. Tea leaves involving Romeo

UNC Asheville transfer Jonathan Bahre lands at Clemson

• BShark said:

ALSO THIS WILL STUN YOU BUT THERE IS A KU HATE THREAD ON THE FIRST PAGE.

Flattering

• Transfer list over 515. Seems to have slowed a bit before classes end. I expect to see more action picking up

• Texas Tech is interested in Wichita St bad boy transfer Austin Reaves

• Braxton Key transferring from Alabama. Injury sidelined his 17-18 season big time. Big body, former top 50 recruit

• Quade Green’s mother says her son will return to Kentucky.

That could put a kibosh on Haggans going to 18 class

• BeddieKU23 said:

Braxton Key transferring from Alabama. Injury sidelined his 17-18 season big time. Big body, former top 50 recruit

This is a kid worth taking. Would do well under a real coach probably.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Quade Green’s mother says her son will return to Kentucky.

That could put a kibosh on Haggans going to 18 class

Huh. Surprising.

• I’m actually surprised. I would be that still changes if somehow Maxey and Haggans end up in 18.

• @BShark

No kidding.

Key was really good as a freshman, I believe he declared and came back to school. Shooting numbers were down as well as his minutes. I was a fan of his in HS and I know KU had some interest before.

• Iowa St lands Colorado St transfer Prentiss Nixon who averaged 16ppg last year. Sit one to play one. This looks like a move to cover Lindell Wigginton’s short stay in Ames.

Oklahoma St adds Mike Cunningham, a grad transfer from USC Upstate who averaged 13ppg. Immediately eligble

• James Banks who transferred from Texas lands at Georgia Tech. Sit one to play 2

Another former Longhorn Jacob Young lands at Rutgers. Sit one to play 2

As expected Keyshawn Woods who started at Wake Forest goes to Ohio St as a grad transfer.

• @BeddieKU23 Why do they call it USC Upstate? Because they didn’t want to call it North South Carolina.

• KUSTEVE said:

@BeddieKU23 Why do they call it USC Upstate? Because they didn’t want to call it North South Carolina.

That would have been a bit confusing. However I’m still confused why its called Upstate

• Posting where my talents are better used!

Nevada adds Old Dominion transfer Trey Porter as a grad transfer. Huge need for them and if their 3 to-be seniors return this is a Top 10 squad next season.

Ibi Watson of Michigan goes to Dayton. Sit 1 to play 2

DeSean Murray of Auburn goes to Western Kentucky as a grad transfer. Big pickup for them

Ricky Torres a Juco All-American signs with Wichita St to become the Shockers 18 thousandth roster movement. Probably a good chance he starts

• @BeddieKU23

WKU could be sneaky good next year. Potential tournament team if they can put it all together.

WSU will have a completely new rotation next season. Will be interesting how their staff handles that much turnover.

• @BeddieKU23 I think of the regular old USC here in Columbia as being in a perpetual sort of Downstate.

More seriously, I think it is an adjunct of the USC system but they don’t use city names here as they do for, say, University of California at (wherever).

Upstate is just a reference they use here for the northern part of the state. Like New York Uptown.

• justanotherfan said:

@BeddieKU23

WKU could be sneaky good next year. Potential tournament team if they can put it all together.

WSU will have a completely new rotation next season. Will be interesting how their staff handles that much turnover.

I wouldn’t be surprised if both of those statements are true. WKU did well in the NIT. I think some of its nucleus returns outside of Coleby.

• One time KU target Ike Obiagu leaving FSU. Terrific rim protector.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

One time KU target Ike Obiagu leaving FSU. Terrific rim protector.

I hope we pursue. FSU was mighty high on him going forward

• Arizona lands PG grad transfer Justin Coleman. Sorry Alex Barcello your not good enough for Stumpy dumpy

• BeddieKU23 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

One time KU target Ike Obiagu leaving FSU. Terrific rim protector.

I hope we pursue. FSU was mighty high on him going forward

Mehhhhh. He should go to Maryland or something.

Also do you know what the hell is going on down there? EE run and players are leaving? CJ Walker was going to be the starting PG again and left…

• BShark said:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/990926981767278592

Cremo will visit KU per Corky.

wowza

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

wowza

It’s over with Langford turn out the lights.

That said, Cremo would be a quality addition.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

wowza

He might be the best option given what’s out there currently. Best option in terms of shooting, experienced guard. Definitely has Svi-like shooting ability from deep. Not a great athlete, decent defender in the American. If he wants to start I don’t see that role at KU, he would be a quality rotation type

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

wowza

He might be the best option given what’s out there currently. Best option in terms of shooting, experienced guard. Definitely has Svi-like shooting ability from deep. Not a great athlete, decent defender in the American. If he wants to start I don’t see that role at KU, he would be a quality rotation type

I’d listen to arguments that Cremo is better for KU next year than Langford would have been. Not saying I’d agree, but I’d listen.

Obviously Romeo is the better long term player and an NBA level talent but we are talking about a 22 y/o skilled finished product vs an 18 y/o freak athlete.

You can also ask Cremo to handle the ball some, whereas you don’t get that with Romeo.

The bigger impact Romeo could have had was on defense but he would have needed to buy in and I’m not sure I get that vibe from him. More Wiggins than Jackson imo. Plus not to belabor the point but he is 18, guards rarely come in and dominate defensively as FR.

• How in the world did Louisville not win more with Donovan Mitchell on the roster? Hookers must be exhausting.

• dylans said:

How in the world did Louisville not win more with Donovan Mitchell on the roster? Hookers must be exhausting.

Where was the crap piled on Pitino for only playing him 19 mpg as a FR? 🙄

• dylans said:

How in the world did Louisville not win more with Donovan Mitchell on the roster? Hookers must be exhausting.

To Louisville’s defense Mitchell never put it all together in College but he had plenty of moments where he was good. In the right fit, with a need for a player to emerge he took that chance and ran with it.

• @BShark

Donovan Mitchell was only ranked #43 by ESPN and he really transformed his game between his freshman and sophomore years and now he is taken it to the next level in the NBA and he is doing great in the playoffs. He is the stereotype of a player that benefited greatly from playing a second year in college; he would have been undrafted after his freshman year and went lottery after the extra year.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

wowza

I’d listen to arguments that Cremo is better for KU next year than Langford would have been. Not saying I’d agree, but I’d listen.

Obviously Romeo is the better long term player and an NBA level talent but we are talking about a 22 y/o skilled finished product vs an 18 y/o freak athlete.

You can also ask Cremo to handle the ball some, whereas you don’t get that with Romeo.

The bigger impact Romeo could have had was on defense but he would have needed to buy in and I’m not sure I get that vibe from him. More Wiggins than Jackson imo. Plus not to belabor the point but he is 18, guards rarely come in and dominate defensively as FR.

Cremo’s greatest skill is our biggest need.

It’s a good thing he’s not a small guard, he’s more 6’5ish the last time I saw him in February. His value to the team could absolutely compare to Tarik Black a few years back. No ego, lives in the gym. Some kids work hard, this is the type that is first in and last out. He lives to play basketball. That in itself is a valuable commodity to have on your team pushing young kids to work hard. I think he’s someone that can average 6-7 points a game here while having a bigger impact as a teammate.

I know I was initially down on him if KU pursued but I get it from a Coaching perspective. There might not be a better kid available from a skill and character level