2019 Recruiting

• @BShark

I went to check out the ole Marylannder board for giggles. Surprisingly not as salty as I remember them over other situations involving KU. The headline was juicy.

Surprisingly they seemed more pissed they couldn’t cheat better to get Silvio. Or pissed UA couldn’t pony up more dough

• @BeddieKU23 Was damn funny!

• Well I know that Ochai Agbaji is signing his LOI tonight so looks like he is sticking around. Has anyone heard anything from the other three’s camps about when they are signing their LOI - or if they might be possibly be re-considering? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

Well I know that Ochai Agbaji is signing his LOI tonight so looks like he is sticking around. Has anyone heard anything from the other three’s camps about when they are signing their LOI - or if they might be possibly be re-considering? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

All will be fine. These kids mostly committed when KU’s name was being slung around in the initial reports. Have no reason to believe they are not solid for KU still.

• @BShark Thanks , I sure hope not - you know Coach Self hasn’t been named in any of this & the University it’self hasn’t yet either - So I agree you wouldn’t think it would have any influence - but with 18 yr olds - you just never now, or they have some antsy pants mama that is always paranoid - hoping for the best.- I mean I think that the Romeo battle is over now, I think this thing is JUST ENOUGH to push him away but if we can stay solid with the rest - -we will be fine. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LON GBABY

• jayballer73 said:

Well I know that Ochai Agbaji is signing his LOI tonight so looks like he is sticking around. Has anyone heard anything from the other three’s camps about when they are signing their LOI - or if they might be possibly be re-considering? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

The other 3 signed in the fall

• @BeddieKU23 True but KU would let them out of the LOI if they wanted to. No reason to believe they do though.

• @BeddieKU23 Oh they did? - see that’s another thing about getting old - my memory isn’t the best - I couldn’t remember if they actually signed or just verbaled

• Some Nike Summit Measurements from KU prospects/signee’s

World Team-

N’Faly Dante 6’11, 9’ 2.5 Standing Reach, 7’5 Wingspan

Josh Green 6’5.5, 8’ 7 Standing Reach, 6’10 Wingspan

Both of these guys won’t be in College long if at all.

Haven’t seen the USA team measures out yet

• Add Charles Bassey to that list as well. He’s rumored to be reclassifying to 2018. KU will be involved if Doke goes pro. 6’11 235 with a 7’3 wingspan. Terrific prospect.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Add Charles Bassey to that list as well. He’s rumored to be reclassifying to 2018. KU will be involved if Doke goes pro. 6’11 235 with a 7’3 wingspan. Terrific prospect.

Looks like he got some more WKU cb picks rolling in. I hope Doke stays, as good as Bassey is.

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Add Charles Bassey to that list as well. He’s rumored to be reclassifying to 2018. KU will be involved if Doke goes pro. 6’11 235 with a 7’3 wingspan. Terrific prospect.

Looks like he got some more WKU cb picks rolling in. I hope Doke stays, as good as Bassey is.

He can be swayed if there’s a starting spot available in not CUSA. Also assuming he gets cleared.

• 2019 post player Francis Okoro will be taking some standardized tests. If he gets the needed scores he will reclass and join Illinois for the 18 class.

• BShark said:

2019 post player Francis Okoro will be taking some standardized tests. If he gets the needed scores he will reclass and join Illinois for the 18 class.

Lol. They do need anything

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

2019 post player Francis Okoro will be taking some standardized tests. If he gets the needed scores he will reclass and join Illinois for the 18 class.

Lol. They do need anything

If they add Okoro they will have as many commits in this class as KU played in the regular rotation last season.

• https://247sports.com/Player/Omar-Thielemans-46054652

Arizona out here taking unranked kids.

• Should be a 4* based on talent though.

• His body is already college ready. Looks like a goo pickup actually.

• Kcmatt7 said:

His body is already college ready. Looks like a goo pickup actually.

Yeah I made sure to add that he should be a 4*. Kinda a Svi situation. It’s fun to shit on Zona though.

• Looks decent. Arizona needs anything.

• @justanotherfan Marcus had a bad shooting year from the 3 point line. He still shot 55% from inside the perimeter. He will improve both his 3 point and his free throw shooting. He is too conscientious a player not to work on his game. These kids are young and growing their games. Garrett isn’t the first freshman we thought couldn’t shoot. Frank Mason shot 32% from 3 his freshman year, and that worked out pretty good.

• Akinjo to Georgetown.

Memphis lands Antwann Jones (top 100 SG) that was previously SIGNED with A&M and former KSU reject Isaiah Maurice.

• BShark said:

Akinjo to Georgetown.

Memphis lands Antwann Jones (top 100 SG) that was previously SIGNED with A&M and former KSU reject Isaiah Maurice.

Antwann Jones on his 90th school in the last 3 months. Wow that’s just crazy

Maurice is a bad apple. Memphis just filling bodies especially since their top 5 players coming back are Seniors

• Akinjo to Georgetown made sense after he canceled his Arizona trip

• Just like that Thielemans ranked just outside the Top 100 (#103) for Arizona

• Tyler Harris to Memphis as well

TJ Moss to South Carolina

• In actual 2019 news, OSU adds the Boone twins from Tulsa. I don’t think they have profiles on Rivals, ESPN or 247 but they can hoop. Frank Haith was after them hard of course. Good to see they mad a smarter decision.

• @BeddieKU23 Yeah I wouldn’t go anywhere near Jones. What’s the deal with Maurice? I assumed Bruce gave him the axe because he couldn’t play.

Not surprising the AZ commit got ranked. The same thing would happen if he picked UK, Duke, KU etc…

• BShark said:

@BeddieKU23 Yeah I wouldn’t go anywhere near Jones. What’s the deal with Maurice? I assumed Bruce gave him the axe because he couldn’t play.

Not surprising the AZ commit got ranked. The same thing would happen if he picked UK, Duke, KU etc…

Maurice is a headcase. I don’t see him lasting at Memphis either.

Memphis filled its roster awful quick

• @BeddieKU23 Yeah I don’t think that was ever in doubt. Knew Penny would get kids. Now can he coach them into a cohesive team is another story…

• Ground breaking VIP stuff on 247 on Chandler Lawson. He really likes KU and Memphis, and they will likely be his final 2.

• @KUSTEVE

I wholeheartedly agree that Marcus will work on his game. However, I am not as certain that he will become a knockdown perimeter shooter. I am hoping he becomes a solid shooter that can keep the defense honest.

• @justanotherfan

I believe Garret has a good shooting form but he just did not have the repetitions required to develop a consistent 3 point shot, in great part because it really was not critical considering how many other shooters KU had.

I believe that he will eventually get to 35% from 3.

• Yeah I think he can get in the low 30s which is livable.

• @JayHawkFanToo , @BShark

Agreed. Given his skillset, if he can shoot 33%, he is certainly playable with his defense, ballhandling, rebounding, etc.

It’s the below 30% that makes it hard because you don’t have to guard him. He doesn’t have to be 40%, but he does have to get where you guys have outlined.

• Sounds like he’s been playing point forward for Sunrise per his coach.

• 3 top 100 HS players in the state of KS in the same year?!? Cool. Hope JRE bleeds crimson and blue. Really hope Harvey gets his stuff taken care of. Hall gonna ball at KU? The 6’11” guy from Wichita is gonna be a load for someone to handle a few years from now too.

• @dylans sure seems like Sunrise has cranked it up a notch. And I’m not mad about it.

• @dylans @Kcmatt7

Unusual for Kansas to have even one top 100 prospect let alone three.👍

Looks like Sunrise is becoming a player in the basketball prep school world. I believe Buddy Hield went there.

• dylans said:

3 top 100 HS players in the state of KS in the same year?!? Cool. Hope JRE bleeds crimson and blue. Really hope Harvey gets his stuff taken care of. Hall gonna ball at KU? The 6’11” guy from Wichita is gonna be a load for someone to handle a few years from now too.

Yeah not worried about JRE.

Hall isn’t really a KS kid like JRE or Harvey. Born in CA and spent a lot of his childhood in Illinois too.

• Picked up a CB pick for RJ Hampton.

• So Matt can’t say much but he did let me know that the already committed player is a player that KU hasn’t been publicly mentioned/linked with before. Interesting.

• @BShark I’m not following. We have a commit for 2018 or 2019?

• @BShark This feels like Matt making up info so people stay off his back for the next two weeks waiting on the Romeo decision.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark This feels like Matt making up info so people stay off his back for the next two weeks waiting on the Romeo decision.

I would think that if I hadn’t seen this rumor elsewhere before Matt.

• If we do have a commit, wonder why they haven’t announced it.

• @KUSTEVE nah, this is supposedly a guy that could be a fallback option for KU if we miss on Langford. This mystery person has already committed elsewhere but not signed. If true, it would actually explain why KU hasn’t been chasing anyone else.

• RockkChalkk said:

@KUSTEVE nah, this is a guy that could be a fallback option for KU if we miss on Langford. Supposedly he has already committed elsewhere but not signed.

Correct. I believe it is all but done if Romeo goes elsewhere. Of course the name can’t be mentioned now or it could screw the kid out of his current situation.

• @BShark

Is it supposed to be a ranked player, say top 30-50 or just a program player with potential? Isn’t talking to a committed player frowned upon? I remember Calipari getting a lot of flack for having Terrence Jones decommit fro Washington and sign with UK immediately. I believe he also got Enes Kanter who had also committed to Washington the same year.

• @BShark

Did Kevin Porter sign an LOI with USC?