2019 Recruiting

• Marco said:

I think that we’ll have to fill six scolarships, and will nab Nnaji a 5, JRE a 4, Hurt a 3 and some 4, and - call me high - Stanley, a 2 who can play some 3. McBride and Braun waiting their turn, as they undoubtedly already know. Thought, anyone (and don’t call me high Lol)?

OK -I won’t call you High - -but I have a question for you . - - -Are you drunk lmao. - As much as I would love to land ALL 3 big men , I just don’t see that happening. My ideal 2 probably would be JRE & Hurt . Yet any combo 2 out of those 3 will still be OK with me. - - I’m not really sure but I just get this feel that Zeke just might pop for us not long after his visit this weekend.

So that leaves us with the question do we take Hurt BEFORE - - JRE decides and that leaves JRE out of the equation - OR does JRE commit 1st and that leaves Hurt out?- - Personally I think Zeke will be the 1st to commit - -JRE has hinted that he wants to sign in late November before the Season begins - -and from what he had to say to Corey Evans from Rivals sure makes it sound like to me that we are sitting REALLY GOOD with him - -it is just sounding more and more like Hurt will be a spring time decision - which in turns I think when it’s all said and done he won’t land here.

If we land Cassius that’s a definite bonus for us , cause it just seems like he came out of nowhere with us. I mean I thought it was a pretty common sense that he was staying back on the Coast - -and now? - people saying were siting better then a lot thought we shall see - -THAT would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. - - Ok I’ll let you go so you can go sleep it off and NO your not High lol. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I hear you, and I somewhat agree with you on the timeline… I believe that Zeke and JRE will soon commit and sign, as well as Stanley. We’ll leave a spot open for Hurt if he decides to commit late, but I don’t think that he will commit late, think he’ll commit early. I also think that all three of the big guys will be around for atleast 2 years, Nnaji probably three.

• Hurt is most assuredly OAD. JRE and Nnaji should definitely be multi-year guys though. If Hurt signs early I don’t think it will be to KU, since he hasn’t even taken an OV to Lawrence yet.

• He hasn’t taken any OVs, right?

• And I disagree about Hurt being a no-brainer one and done

• @Marco Correct. He has done some visits recently and is going to UK’s midnight madness which will probably be an OV. I saw it mentioned a lot that he wasn’t even taking recruiting all that seriously until very recently. The belief is he will visit KU for a game in which case he wouldn’t be signing early. I hope your predictions are right though. 😃

• Marco said:

And I disagree about Hurt being a no-brainer one and done

He has made it very clear that it is his intention. So, it’s certainly his plan. However if he needed or wanted to stay a second year, he has a better parental/financial situation than Cliff, Selby, BMac* etc…

*Not throwing any shade at Ben with this, he was absolutely right to go. He HAD to go pro and start getting paid for his family.

• Hurt is 100% waiting until spring. Zeke is TDB and JRE is signing early.

• Read the article of Zags. - - -Hurt said there are 7 schools that contact him a lot , and he probably won’t cut schools. - -they are: Duke - -Indiana - - - -KU – Kentucky - - Memphis- - -Minnesota - - & N Carolina.

Looking to make official visits , he wants to see the real atmosphere and environment is like.

He said as far as visits that FOOTBALL games are probably more of a fun type of visit BUT said he thinks he will get more out of it by going to a big basketball game - - - WHEW that’s a break for us lol.

One of the big important thIngs will be the relationship with Coach’s and how comfortable he is with then also is big for him and his family. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Markese Jacobs to Depaul.

• BShark said:

Markese Jacobs to Depaul.

HE WAS NEVER COMEING BACK TO KU

• Well, yeah, obviously. Staff went in another direction.

• BShark said:

Markese Jacobs to Depaul.

There is a shock lol. – - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Totally forgot Zeke was back this past weekend for his OV. Anyone hear anything on how it went?

• Woodrow said:

Totally forgot Zeke was back this past weekend for his OV. Anyone hear anything on how it went?

He is pretty quiet. Articles will come out within a few days I’m sure.

KU is very well positioned here though for sure.

• Would be very surprised if he didn’t end up in our class

• Woodrow said:

Totally forgot Zeke was back this past weekend for his OV. Anyone hear anything on how it went?

Zeke is headed to Arizona this weekend. - - His dad said KU was telling him how Zeke - - JRE – -& M Hurt could all co-exist together , his dad said probably looking at around the 24th of November when he will announce. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I really like where KU is at with Zeke. I think it’s more likely than not he’s a Jayhawk.

• I agree about Nnaji soon being a Jayhawk, and JRE, as well. Hopefully Stanley or Chandler will sign early, too. A class that features McBride, Braun, Nnaji, JRE, and either Stanley or Chandler I’ll take in a heartbeat … If Hurt waits too long we may have to draw our attentions elsewhere. What I like about the above group - I don’t think that any of them are necessarily OADs.

• Marco said:

I agree about Nnaji soon being a Jayhawk, and JRE, as well. Hopefully Stanley or Chandler will sign early, too. A class that features McBride, Braun, Nnaji, JRE, and either Stanley or Chandler I’ll take in a heartbeat … If Hurt waits too long we may have to draw our attentions elsewhere. What I like about the above group - I don’t think that any of them are necessarily OADs.

I would say other than Stanley, the rest are almost guaranteed to not be OAD.

• Getting Zeke to come here for his first visit is perfect. We set the bar. Good luck matching it.

• Chandler Lawson and Cole Anthony are taking a OV together to Oregon on October 19.

• Thread is getting very long, may a new thread?

• BShark said:

KSU commitment: https://247sports.com/Player/DaJuan-Gordon-46055176/

Very solid pick-up for Bruce.

He’s perfect for Bruce. I knew I wouldn’t like him

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

KSU commitment: https://247sports.com/Player/DaJuan-Gordon-46055176/

Very solid pick-up for Bruce.

He’s perfect for Bruce. I knew I wouldn’t like him

Looooool