Doke: Disciplined Shot Selection, Fouls Mostly Undercontrol; Did Last Year's Injury Affect His FT Mechanics?

• I am not sure folks are giving Doke the strokes he deserves for how disciplined he has played in his first season starting. My gosh, most young players struggle mightily just to avoid taking bad shots. Doke almost never takes a bad shot.

And the Doke man has had to learn to guard and offend without fouling immediately, because he has had no credible D1 post men behind him. Mitch is a forward. And Silvio is a high schooler that can barely rotate 4 minutes a half.

Also, I have already forgotten Doke’s injury last season. What was it? Was it related directly, or indirectly to his FT mechanics? I mean if that injury that knocked him out for a season hampered his FT mechanics we ought to be cutting him some slack.

• @jaybate-1.0 Left wrist break and surgery I think. I think @HighEliteMajor mentioned this could have been a great opportunity for him to work on one handed freebies which would actually improve his form.

• But definitely degree the kid has done plenty for us this year. Much more than I expected!

• benshawks08 said:

But definitely degree the kid has done plenty for us this year. Much more than I expected!

He comes back next year with improvement and he is a strong candidate for national player of the year.

• @benshawks08 Left wrist, but it was ligament damage. It takes a long time to get the ligaments healed up and stretched back out.

• @dylans Didn’t see this thread until after my last post on the ACL thread!