The amazing Doke

• Just listened to some of @Jesse-Newell 's excellent podcast. Eye popping stats on Doke.

Leads country in FG percentage at 77%. If the season ended today this would be the 2nd highest percentage in the last 25 years. 80% is that number and the 2nd best is 71%.

He also leads in effective FG%. No surprise there.

There’s also a stat called True FG%. This factors in FT percentage somehow with shooting % and despite his terrible FT shooting, he also leads the nation in that!

Doke has missed 36 FG’s and 33 FT’s!

Because of these numbers double teams beware because he can pass out of the post to a plethora of unguarded 3 pointers including two of the top 50 3 ballers. Pick your poison opponents!

• His patience in the post is ridiculous for a sophomore who is really a freshman (in both age and college ball experience). Add to that he started playing in 9th grade… The kid is a stud. I’m kinda on @drgnslayr side that he will figure his free throws out at some point. Once he gets another big to play alongside, his post to post passing will destroy teams. Keep on truckin big fella (also, keep on learning Desousa)!

• @wissox who has the highest?

• @Crimsonorblue22 some guy I never heard of from a mid major. Probably one of those exaggerate the stats schools!

• Banned

@wissox

If Doka can develop a decent shot he’s a lottery pick.

• Doke now has missed more FT’s than FG’s.

• Any NBA Team would be crazy NOT to draft him now and develop him themselves.

• @jaybate-1.0 Doke missed at large part of last year. He has really improved a lot this year. But l wonder if he has really enjoyed himself that much. I watched him last year on the bench and he didn’t look like a happy camper for a large part of the year.

With the improvement I’ve seen this year l say enjoy college, basketball and life one more year and up your value in the meantime.

• @Gunman

He would be better off staying, if…

He did not end his career before getting his big contract.

I think at the college level, you have to play for the money, once you can, otherwise why put oneself through such physical abuse, when you could just swim and play tennis and take interesting classes.

Doke would be much better off staying, if there were a guaranty he would not get seriously injured.

But since he has already been seriously injured, its a real risk.

• Dok can be insured for several million dollars against injury. That may be more than his rookie contract and unless he gains more skill and a little range a second contract will be hard to come by.

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@wissox who has the highest?

Devontae Cacok from UNC Wilmington shot 80% from the field last year. Kid is a beast. This year he’s down to 60% since he became their leading scorer. Averages 17 and 13 a game. Last game went for 26 & 24.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Crimsonorblue22 said:

Devontae Cacok from UNC Wilmington shot 80% from the field last year. Kid is a beast. This year he’s down to 60% since he became their leading scorer. Averages 17 and 13 a game. Last game went for 26 & 24.

Take him as a transfer ASAP.

• jaybate 1.0 said:

BeddieKU23 said:

Crimsonorblue22 said:

Take him as a transfer ASAP.

Modern day T-Rob. Has a chance to be a pro. Only a Jr