Kemba Walker Available

• Could be Clevland’s gift from the basketball Gods. IT does not fit with what that team is trying to accomplish.

I personally think that the Cavs could make a deal for Kemba and Howard. At this point, you have to assume the Hornets just decided to go into full tank mode. They will eat bad contracts and sell you any good piece they have. The next two seasons have some great prospects, so losing and stockpiling picks is the best way to go…

If you are Charlotte, this is a deep draft. You could have 3 1st round picks in it potentially. Then tank next season, and have a great shot at Zion/Barrett/Reddish. This could be a quick turnaround if you are willing to part with Kemba and Howard. And, if it is built the right way, it could be the best chance the Hornets have to go on a 5-6 year run.

• @Kcmatt7

Cleveland already has Thomas, Rose and Wade, the last two untradable. LeBron will likely bolt after the season and Cleveland will go back to being a bottom feeder.

• @JayHawkFanToo Not sure you read my post completely.

Draft picks + IT + Thompson or Shumpert for Kemba and Howard.

D-Wade and Rose are backups and clearly do not factor in to this at all.

• @Kcmatt7

Rose is a starter once he gets healthy ( if ever). Cleveland just traded for Thomas so unlikely he would be traded since he is playing well for them. Howard is a malcontent every he has played and I just don’t see teams waiting/wanting to get him and would clash with LeBron big time since they both have huge egos. Kevin Love is a much better option. Frankly, I just don’t see a lot of big name players wanting to move to Cleveland and having to put up with LeBron. Kyrie is a great player and did well at Cleveland but could not wait to leave.

• @JayHawkFanToo Let’s start over.

IF it were an option, right now, would you trade IT for Kemba?

• @Kcmatt7

Pretty comparable stats career wise but Thomas last season’s stats at Boston are better than any one season for Walker. According to projections, Thomas is getting to the peak of his career while Walker is already on its way down, even when Walker is younger. Thomas salary is one half of Walkers so, I would keep Thomas.

Having said that, Unlikely Walker joins drama queen LeBron in Cleveland. Reports now indicate the Knicks could be his next team.

• @JayHawkFanToo Walker is more expensive for 1 season. IT will be maxed out next season.

Kemba is a better defender too.

• @Kcmatt7

Yes, he will get a substantial bump in salary but there is no way Thomas maxes out, that is reserved for elite players and Thomas is not one.

• @JayHawkFanToo lol ok. Guess we will see…