"Some Stickies on Lon Kruger's Monitor Before OU Plays KU in Lawrence"

• ~Hmmm, we couldn’t beat them in Norman, so why even prepare a game plan for Lawrence?

~Self Beat Texas by a bunch and his team only shot 30% from trey. Check job openings outside B12.

~Okie Ball, Schmokie Ball, I want some players like Bill has.

~Hartman could win with guys like me, but I can’t.

~Going to Lawrence. This is going to be a total eclipse of the fun.

~Maybe it will snow and the flights will be canceled.

~I should have stayed in Silver Lake.

~One eye brow, or two, I still can’t beat this guy, when he’s got the next two Number One draft choices on one team!

~Consider retirement.

(Note: all satire. No malice.)

• @jaybate I can (sometimes) remember Jack Hartman. He got more the most out of his players, for sure. I always wondered what he could do with even better players. I remember listening to the AM radio in my car when KSU played in the Lon Kruger era.

Recruiting to the Little Apple was/is hard, I think.

• @Careful you

Yep, It was a long time ago now. It was said that Hartman hated recruiting so much he just focused on a few good guys and then signed nobodies quickly for the rest, so he could be home with the wife. 😄

• Hartman was coaching while I was at KU. I was always amazed how he got so much out of his players. I have tons of respect for him-he is easily my favorite Big 8 coach outside of KU coaches.

• At KSU, Hartman was to basketball what Snyder is to football. He got a few outstanding players and a bunch of role players to perform, as a team, above their individual talent. I have great respect for both.