How do Favourites and Reputation Work?

• @approxinfinity I’m social media challenged so maybe you can help me understand ‘Favourite’ and ‘Reputation’.

I’m not sure what happens when I click the Favourite button next to a poster’s name. Does this mean I like the post or the poster? And why does the click have an English accent?

And when I look at my profile as a user I see I am getting a reputation. I hope that is a good thing. I am pretty sure it isn’t my 93 year old mother giving my ego a boost. but then what is it?

Any help using the site better will be appreciated.

• "Favourite"ing posts that you like is just like the “thumbs up” on the KUSports website. It just shows that you thought the post was a good comment or funny or whatever. You can also go to your profile page and click on the “Favourites” button to see all the posts you have favorited in the past.

When you see the number next to your reputation, it shows you how many people have favorited your posts. So, if someone has a huge reputation, it means that, in general, people like what they say on the site.

As far as being British, maybe @approxinfinity thinks it makes us classier than KUSports

• This post is deleted!

• Funny 🙂 you nailed it except for the favourite part. I had nothing to do with that!

• Thanks for the explanation. I’m going to click on your Favourite right now!

• Hey, NodeBB developer here.

The reason why it’s “favourite” is only because we are based out of Toronto, Canada. 😉 Old habits die hard, I guess.

At some point, we’ll create a “UK/Canadian English” language pack, and we’d remove the “english-isms” out of the default text, just to appease our friendly neighbours to the south.