Possibly not good for Oklahoma

• Just saw where the Oklahoma running back Rodney Anderson? - does that sound right? - -Think that was the name.

Said a order of protection has been filed against him as a woman has come forward of accusing him of Raping her last month. - Said the University is looking into the allegations. - Not a good time when your trying to prepare for your bowl game - well really never a good time at anytime for something such as this

• hope this proves false. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Adrian Peterson, Joe Mixon…what a fine school…

• BShark said:

Adrian Peterson, Joe Mixon…what a fine school…

Ya - -just not good. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Let’s not jump gun, people are forgetting in all of these rape accusations, innocent til proven guilty. People forget that there have numerous women(not saying all women are making up stories and making excuses for unexceptionable behavior bye males) that have lied in such cases. Saw today that Danny Masterson was fired from Netflix because of unproven accusations and if some of these stories are proven false against these guys there will be a massive law suit vs there employers. I had a friend that was falsely accused of rape and the gal that later admitted she fabricated the story got in no trouble whatsoever. I believe false accusations should receive full penalties of the crime they lied about.

• @kjayhawks

I agree that everyone has the presumption of innocence until proven guilty, this is after all the basic tenet of our judicial system. We all know people that have been falsely accused and many times (not always) it turns out to be a case of buyer’s remorse and in most cases it comes down to he said, she said which makes it difficult to prove and makes women reluctant to come forward and relive the whole thing all over again. Every accusation should be taken seriously until proven false. Having said that, using Masterson might not be the best example; apparently the LAPD has had overwhelming evidence with multiple complainants for 10 years but the Church of Scientology of which he is a member and has a cozy relationship with the Department has stymied the investigation.

• kjayhawks said:

Let’s not jump gun, people are forgetting in all of these rape accusations, innocent til proven guilty. People forget that there have numerous women(not saying all women are making up stories and making excuses for unexceptionable behavior bye males) that have lied in such cases. Saw today that Danny Masterson was fired from Netflix because of unproven accusations and if some of these stories are proven false against these guys there will be a massive law suit vs there employers. I had a friend that was falsely accused of rape and the gal that later admitted she fabricated the story got in no trouble whatsoever. I believe false accusations should receive full penalties of the crime they lied about.

Not really sure who your speaking to when you say let’s not jump the gun. - -I by far nowhere in what I posted was saying that he was guilty - -I’m not jumping anything. - I simply said what was announced - -nothing about this kids presumed guilt IF he is. - -I have no idea. - Then I just said it was simply a sad situation, that something like this comes out - -sad anytime but when the guys are getting ready for the bowl game -not needing this kind of distraction.

But As for me - -not saying he is guilty at all - he is innocent til he goes through due process if it actually goes that far, then it is up to the system to decide. - - no skin of my butt, seeing as how I sure didn’t make any false accusations. - So ya if anyone IS already saying he is guilty - -then shame - -shame - -shame on you. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 @JayHawkFanToo Im just saying you never know what’s true. These guys could very well be guilty. As for the church of Scientology idk anything about that stuff. I just feel like as of right now and the current culture folks seem to be guilty and must be proven innocent. All I say is if someone accuses you of such should you lose your job and have your life ruined?

• kjayhawks said:

@jayballer54 @JayHawkFanToo Im just saying you never know what’s true. These guys could very well be guilty. As for the church of Scientology idk anything about that stuff. I just feel like as of right now and the current culture folks seem to be guilty and must be proven innocent. All I say is if some accuses you of such should you lose your job and have your life ruined?

No way that should happen. - -You know I’ve read and watched about to many times where some guy has spent years in prison - I mean years and years and then you hear that they were innocent and get released for a crime he didn’t commit.

Thing is true they release him , BUT how does the legal system give him those years back that was taken away from him for something he didn’t do? - Plus even though they were found innocent in the end - -there are some that still will look at them and the whispers - -the glances/stares - will STILL be there, basically the system got it wrong and has cost an individual his life - -things will never be the same.

I personal know of a young woman who went to her parents all upset crying, they asked her what was wrong and she told them she had been Raped by this guy she had went out on a date with. - -So they asked her - -now your sure, your telling us the truth as she had had a history of making things up- -but she just kept saying he had Raped her. - So they took her to Law enforcement Office- she goes back talks to the detective and after an hour the detective comes out and asks the parents to come back. - -They get back to the office and the detective says that the Daughter had finally admitted to the detective that indeed the guy HAD NOT actually raped her. - She was just upset that they had sex and that she wanted a relationship with the guy and he did not want the relationship

She could of ruined this guys life. - Lucky for him they didn’t bring him in - What is wrong with some people. - -These guys that are falsely charged - -they get locked up for things they haven’t done - -they just lose that time in their lives, - Cause when your in Prison you fail to exhist - -you are dead to Society. - Believe that.

So ya I agree with you 100% - but like I was saying it’s just a sad thing that this has to come up - not saying he is guilty - -or he is innocent - hope he is innocent. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @kjayhawks Most of the current crop of firings appear to be based on far more than a single accusation. The criminal justice system is a different set of issues: when someone has committed a crime on video or there are audio tapes, anyone can decide for him- or herself whether he did it.

It is actually incorrect to say “someone is innocent until proven guilty.” In the US court system a defendant is “presumed innocent” when hauled to court. That presumption is easily overcome with evidence, resulting in a guilty verdict. Getting the evidence into court by having traumatized abuse victims testify is very hard. But not having a conviction yet doesn’tmean the son of a bitch didn’t do it.

The court of public opinion requires less, and that of a PR-conscious employer probably less than that. We sure don’t want everyone with dozens of accusers keeping the jobs wherein they victimize people until a court system can get to a verdict. Do we want Sandusky to have kept his job, or did we find Syracuse and Boeheim responsible for not acting when they should have listened to the first accusers and witnesses?

Finding annecdotal stories of people mistakenly accused is easy–finding unprosecuted people who are able to intimidate sex crime victims into not prosecuting is unfortunately much easier.

• @mayjay

Excellent point about presumption of innocence that is often misinterpreted. Also because guilt cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt does not necessarily mean the accused is innocent, as you mentioned, and hence the “not guilty” rather than “innocent” verdict.

Now I have a question for you. In the Kate Steinle case in San Francisco, the defendant was found not guilty because the defense claimed the shooting was accidental and the result of of mishandling the gun. Shouldn’t he have been then convicted of involuntary manslaughter? Isn’t this the textbook definition of it? Was jury nullification the only reason for this verdict? I have read dozens of articles on the issue from all sides and I don’t believe I read one that finds the verdict was correct.