Recruiting Thread

• Does anyone have the usage and efficiency numbers on Dedric at Memphis?

• @dylans Dedric had a 27 PER. Would be 2nd on the team this year. He had a 28.6% usage rate. Would be first on the team this year. So, on a crazy amount of touches he was crazy efficient.

Next season’s post play may be the most efficient 1-2 punch to ever play next to each other under Bill Self. Between Doke and Dedric, we should get close to 35ppg and we should get it at a 50% fg percentage.

Dedric also had a Defensive rating of 95.5, which would be the best on this year’s team.

• Just purely looking at stats, Dedric would be the best player on our team by a mile. Of course the competition he played was not near the level he will face next season. But even in his games against good or P5 teams, he put up numbers. 35 on Iowa. 26 on Oklahoma. 21 on Cincinnati. 19 on South Carolina. 19 on Providence.

Basically, if Dedric is motivated he dominates.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Just purely looking at stats, Dedric would be the best player on our team by a mile. Of course the competition he played was not near the level he will face next season. But even in his games against good or P5 teams, he put up numbers. 35 on Iowa. 26 on Oklahoma. 21 on Cincinnati. 19 on South Carolina. 19 on Providence.

Basically, if Dedric is motivated he dominates.

But also he wasnt surrounded by a ton of talent so defenses could key on him.

• Dedric is going to be a complete badass from everything I’ve heard.

Also yes, KJ is going to play the 4 spot.

• Coach Self seeing Romeo today - - Romeo visiting Vanderbilt Saturday for the Florida game. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I assume Romeo’s visit is an official?

Self doing the smart thing getting into his ear before that visit…

• It is listed as an unofficial currently.

KU did this with Dotson and Grimes too (checking in before they took visits to other schools).

• @BShark

Looks like they are bringing in Garland, Nesmith and two NBA players to recruit him as well. Smart move for Vandy. Wish they weren’t making a big deal of it but what can ya do. Was thinking this was a long journey for the Langford’s to make but google maps says only 3 hrs from Indiana to Vandy…

• Langford is #4 on the All-Time Indiana Scoring Record right now. Friday is his senior night playing against a team who’s assistant coach is the all-time leading scorer in Indiana history. If Langford plays the max number of games left he would have to average 39 pts a game to break the record. He’s currently at 2,780. Recent games of 63, 53, 44 he’s fast approaching close to the top

• Didn’t realize the hysteria Indiana fans are going to land Langford… This recruitment certainly isn’t easy

• Speaking of NBA players I’d love to see Pierce brought on in some role if he’d be down for it.

• @BeddieKU23 This recruitment is going to drag out for two more months at least. Vandy rolling out the red carpet in February doesn’t worry me.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Didn’t realize the hysteria Indiana fans are going to land Langford… This recruitment certainly isn’t easy

This is a fun recruitment. Crazy that it never would have even taken place w/o the FBI scandal. Kid loves Louisville still, he just can’t go there.

• @BShark “Recruiting Liason” sounds nice. He can pick up star recruits in a Limo from the airport and then stop in KC for a nice dinner before they head to Lawrence. Face to face time with a HOFer would be amazing.

• Are we still allowed to have DBOs? I feel like Pierce could be a fine, fine director of basketball ops. 😂

• His ESPN gig is going to be hard to top…

• @BShark @Kcmatt7

I’m not worried either. There could be a chance he decides at Burger Game which wouldn’t be great timing for KU I would think unless our season is over before then and guys have made their intentions known.

• @BShark

I would love to see Collison join the program and coach the bigs. His last contract was basically to do just that for the Thunder and looks like he will retire at the end of the season.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@BShark

I would love to see Collison join the program and coach the bigs. His last contract was basically to do just that for the Thunder and looks like he will retire at the end of the season.

Ya that would be pretty sweet. - -I’d like that - what I’d really like would be to see Danny come back and Coach our big’s but since he has gotten into head coaching that will never happen so Collison would be good for sure. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I’d like to see scot pollard

• @JayHawkFanToo Nick had the best fundamentals on the block I can think of it would be great to have the son of coach back.

• @Crimsonorblue22 I do not want Scott Pollard anywhere near the program in an official capacity.

• @Kcmatt7 ha ha

• @Crimsonorblue22

He has been available for a long time and if it has not happened by now it will likely not ever happen.

• Dante from Sunrise in Wichita was great at Basketball Without Borders last weekend. 7’7 wingspan too. KU really ought to have him as their #1 target in 2020, even ahead of RJ Hampton.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Dante from Sunrise in Wichita was great at Basketball Without Borders last weekend. 7’7 wingspan too. KU really ought to have him as their #1 target in 2020, even ahead of RJ Hampton.

I would assume he is. Gonna be a battle to get him.

• As long as the FBI probe doesn’t reach KU, I fully expect Bill to start bringing in monster classes from here on out. Next seasons is just a taste imo. If the FBI probe doesn’t reach us, it means we can recruit without both hands tied behind our backs finally and we can quit losing out on heavy KU leans.

This team with Sexton? a couple less losses. This team with Ayton? surefire top 3. This team with Ayton and Sexton? FUHGETABOUTIT.

But alas, it looks as if we didn’t cheat and therefore are watching two players perform at high levels in different uniforms. This season, more than any other season I can remember, will be the “what could have been” season.

Anyways, I think Bill will keep Dante “in state.” It’ll be a fight, but I think Bill has too good of a resume with African bigs to miss on this fella. Get him on the phone with JoJo and I think we can seal the deal.

• @Kcmatt7 All he has to do is look at Doke’s development here. Doke had zero skills just about when he came in.

Not counting Dante KU could have the most Kansas/KC area players we have seen on the roster in a long time in the coming years.

Agbaji is already signed up. Harvey and JRE top 2019 targets and perceived heavy leans. 2020 Ty Berry and KT Raimey both look like KU level players to me.

@teebee10 knows what’s up. Ty is a stud and I hope KU offers soon.

• @BShark Wouldn’t that be something special? A group of kids with love for KU… Man that would be amazing. If that group had any success they would probably go down as one of the most loved KU team of all-time. Love local guys.

• @BShark What about Malik Hall?

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark What about Malik Hall?

He’s originally from Cali and also spent a ton of time in Illinois. This is his first year in KS. He would be a good get but not what I would call a KS kid.

• @BShark Johnathan Jackson a guy?

Seems like a 4 year project with upside too.

• @Kcmatt7 Gotta think he ends up at UNC if they want him.

• @Kcmatt7 , if Sexton were at KU, what position? Isn’t he PG at Alabama?

• @Gorilla72 Starting PG. Graham would be in the same role he was playing with Frank.

• @BShark, that’s what I thought. However, isn’t Graham’s best shot at the pro level as a PG, not shooting guard?

• Definitely. Graham isn’t big enough to be a 2G in the league.

• @Gorilla72 I think playing here would have been good for Sexton too. Allowing him to not only learn how to run an offense from a guy like graham, but playing next to Graham would also teach him how to play off of the ball better as well. I think those two would have helped each other a lot.

• We’d be the best team out there by far if we had those two. Not sure if we’d go undefeated because that’s so difficult, but we wouldn’t have more than 1-2 losses.

• @BeddieKU23 So much for “Big Jacobs” as Markese calls him to ILL. Committed to SLU about two hours ago. CB was almost 100% ILL of course…

• BShark said:

@BeddieKU23 So much for “Big Jacobs” as Markese calls him to ILL. Committed to SLU about two hours ago. CB was almost 100% ILL of course…

Thanks! Good choice for the older Jacobs. I think Underwood has a short leash at Illinois and its just not a program you want to be apart of right now. He will likely have a nice career at SLU

• Illinois has whiffed a lot in this class already.

• BShark said:

Illinois has whiffed a lot in this class already.

Ayo was a big pickup but he was gifted to them. Underwood could be gone and Ayo could open back up?

• Imagine if KU needed Ayo and pressed for him. THT wanted to go the Illinois but Chicago recruiting politics got in the way.

• BShark said:

Imagine if KU needed Ayo and pressed for him. THT wanted to go the Illinois but Chicago recruiting politics got in the way.

I imagine Xavier might actually get him if he opened up. He seemed really interested in them first time around. Can’t hurt to be aware of his situation if Underwood gets canned. I imagine if KU happens to have a scholarship and he’s available we’d inquire

• Ochai will be in the house again tonight.

• Arizona just lost their last 2018 commitment PG Brandon Williams. He actually attended late night in 2016 but I doubt KU gets involved. Ainnnnn’t no seats.

• @BShark worth talking it through with the Dotson’s and Grimes’. We can always make room for great players.

• @Kcmatt7 He might still end up at AZ. He was clearly keeping that option open in his announcement. Kid loves AZ, probably depends on how things shake out.