Incredible! Duke and MSU have full complements of D1 recruits

• How the hell do they do it? How do they sign so many authentic D1 players? Do players love the humidity in Durham? Maybe its the deep snow in East Lansing?

No, I know what it is. Coach K is just a whole lot more handsome, personable, and magnetic that Coach Self. He just melts those moms hearts in a way that Coach Self just can’t do.

No, I know what it is.Ratso Izzo is just a peach of a guy and just to culturally refined coming from the Upper Michigan Peninsula for Coach Self to match recruiting wits with.

No, its, its, its…

Aw, for the life of me, all I can do is shuffle my shoes and wonder what the real reason might be?

• Not In Kansas Enymore.

• Dude we’re going to sign 10% of the top 40 fat minimum this year. Simmer.

• KU will likely get Grimes and if it adds Langford and/or Williamson along with the 3 red shirt players, it might end up as one of the top classes of all time. Not too shabby for “not on the coasts but snack in the middle of flyover country” Kansas.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Dude we’re going to sign 10% of the top 40 fat minimum this year. Simmer.

Hope u r right, but while simmering…

How many years have we heard THIS before?

How many seasons is KU away from no transfers?

• bskeet said:

Not In Kansas Enymore.

PHOF

• jaybate 1.0 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Well, we’ve already signed 3 top 40 players and the kid announcing today is a lifelong Jayhawk fan. ☕

• @jaybate-1.0 If we had a full compliment of players, then the genius of 6 man badball wouldn’t have been born. If Self hadn’t already been elected to the Hall of Fame, he would’ve been elected last night. Just flat outcoached the Squid.

• Remember when you said they were gonna take the pick up truck of OAD’s and back it up to K because Cal wasn’t getting it done. To me, it appears that is currently happening. (Ciao, by the way 🙂 )

• BShark said:

jaybate 1.0 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Well, we’ve already signed 3 top 40 players and the kid announcing today is a lifelong Jayhawk fan. ☕

Self had to play five starters 32-39 minutes the second game of the season, because of a short roster and only one guy out. KU was playing an injury depleted UK Team of sushi that still had so much talent Cal could run an 8 man rotation that could hang in the game to the end against our starters. ☕

• @Blown

Yes, but they dump trucks still tip Cal more 5-stars and freshman than Self!!! He appears to have been put on a probationary diet, not fully cut off.

Good to hear you are back for another season. Rock Chalk!

• @KUSTEVE

We totally agree Self is a genius and necessity is the mother of invention.

But I’m ready for a full roster of D1 players that are not transfers, decommits, diamonds in the rough, or projects.

He has proven he is the greatest coach of his generation by winning big with about half the roster talent and depth of the dump truck coaches.

He deserves a square deal BEFORE he retires.

• @jaybate-1.0

The only certain things in life are death and taxes, everything thing else is a crap shoot.

I disagree with your take on the transfer strategy, I believe Coach Self has struck gold and the 3 player available next season will be better than any OAD he could have picked up. Wait and see how othre programs start copying the approach.

• @JayHawkFanToo

I think it’s a waste of time to begin posts with misinforming rhetoric implying others in this community are so naive they seek certainty, or perfection. It makes you appear an ineffectual bot. YOU CAN DO BETTER!

That clarified, I disagree that transfers are anything more than a tactical bandaid to the persistent problem of apparent recruiting asymmetry in an era when the FBI arrests a petroshoeco exec and four assistant coaches for some kind of involvement in bribery in recruiting.

• @jaybate-1.0 I’m waiting for your next thread about the Badball 6. He shortened that game last night by grinding it out. He beat an 8 player stack of 5 stars with 6 players.

• @jaybate-1.0

Every player that start college can be a diamond in the rough or a bust or something in between and HS performance is not a definite indicator of future performance.

KU had had it share of both. Mason was signed as an afterthought and who could have predicted he would end up as the consensus POY 4 years later. On the other hand, It has also had highly touted players like Alexander and Bragg who turned out to be busts.

Coach Self is taking full advantage of the transfer phenomenon that is in full bloom now and you will will see the result next year; what you are seeing now are start up pains. I much rather sign a proven 4 or 5-star transfer with experience that will stay more than one year than a OAD that is a big unknown and will be gone in one year or might turn out to be not that good.

• @jaybate-1.0 BUT - Peachy Izzo wasn’t peachy enough to lure hometown prodigy Josh Jackson away from Sunflower Self!!

We get our share…