Langford

• @Big-Clyde52 Did Vick start dating the crazy girl again?? Something is up with him.

• @Barney Not to my knowledge. As far as I know he is not hurt either. He just seems to be playing tentative or scared for some reason. He has great athletic ability but for whatever reason he does not seem to want to force his will on the opponent. Maybe he developed some type of mental block. Early on he looked like a candidate for all Big 12 selection, then when conference started he regressed quickly. If he could shake out of this funk it would be a huge boost to the team. Still time for that to happen.

• @Big-Clyde52

Now, Vick does have the yips. 😄

• Staff visiting Romeo again.

• KU coaches will be at his game tonight

• Reading the tea leaves, and from a couple people I’ve talked to around IU, KU should get Romeo if there’s a role. If for some weird reason Vick leaves and Newman comes back, I think we get Romeo. We move Newman to the role Charlie Moore would’ve had, and start 3 of Newman, Grimes, Dotson, and Langford.

• Newman is in the process of turning the corner on his season. Depending on how this goes, Newman could vault himself into the first round.

• @justanotherfan yeah… that’s not happening.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Staff visiting Romeo again.

He retweeted a few tweets about Self being there. Doesn’t really mean much but obviously these kids care. We should keep showing up as much as possible.

• @FarmerJayhawk

Newman was at one time an elite level talent as a three level scorer. If he continues to score 15+ and does so reasonably efficiently, the people that projected him as an OAD may be convinced that his skillset will translate. Newman was an elite player, evaluated higher than some guys currently in the NBA out of HS, including a lottery pick from last year in Luke Kennard.

• Oh I know he was. I can’t think a team at the back of the first is looking at Malik and valuing him more than a guy like Mitchell Robinson, Landry Shamet, Brandon McCoy, or Hami Diallo.

• the video of romeo from the staffs visit makes you think we have to get this kid at any expense. I know the Sr vs OAD arguement but Romeo is just plain a better basketball player

• just read the latest interview from Romeo’s dad about his recruitment:

This came from a Indiana recruiting site ( Inside the hall) - -Tim Langford was ask about any update on Romeo recruitment. - He said that they were probably going to make a visit to Vanderbilt, probably won’t see a game, just get down to the campus watch them practice because it was within their range.

He said as far as KU , we won’t make it out there, We just pretty much watch them play on TV. -( BUT if you’ve been following his recruitment - -we already knew this ) - -Romeo has been here already.

He said things that they look for are like - -how teams will guard other players, - -how the Coach reacts coming out of a timeout , plays that are set up and such.

When asked about anything on announcement Romeo’s dad said , he told Romeo when they had a game on ESPN that if Romeo had decided and wanted to announce that would be a good time - -he also mentioned it would be a really good time when Family and everyone was in Atlanta for the McDonalds All star game in March if he was ready that would be good with all the family being there , it kind of sounds like that Romeo’s dad would really like to see him announce then possibly - but he said if not then they could still just wait until April.

He was asked - -they asked him they said about how much was real about Garland trying to talk to him about coming to Vanderbilt - -how Grimes talked to him about coming to KU - and then some Indiana player talking to him about Indiana and package deal?

He said wasn’t sure about how often Garland talked to him - - But he did know that he communicates with Grimes because of the summer we had and that they had got close.

Said what they look at more though is who is coming back ( - -hmmmmm - -VICK ) Who is coming in ( - -hmmm , as mentioned before - - -Grimes ) - said they pretty much like all 3 Coaches & styles - That was the main part and really not about a package deal.

Kind of funny in the comments where Indiana fans giving their input about WELL KU is out cause Romeo not visiting lol - -he has already been here , or that KU was to far from home - -really sad - -I like our chances - -I really like our chances if Vick leaves. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Jayballer54 said:

He said things that they look for are like - -how teams will guard other players, - -how the Coach reacts coming out of a timeout , plays that are set up and such.

Oh so the pick is KU. SHUT IT DOWN.

• BShark said:

Jayballer54 said:

I noticed that quote too. Throw all the lobs to Romeo.

• BShark said:

Jayballer54 said:

LOL

• The comment section in that update was some kind of stupid. wow.

Dad certainly wants him to announce with all the family planning to go to Atlanta. I don’t see him doing it then but something to keep our eye on

• Langford dropped 63 points with 16 boards🕶 🕶

Sign him up Bill

• The legend grows.

• BShark said:

The legend grows.

NBA Jams on fire

• His hair game is starting to resemble the ridiculous mop Brian Bowen has

• The competition level was certainly not good.

Has great form on his shot.

• Romeo said today he’ll probably announce at or a little after the McDonald’s game. Doesn’t bode well for us IMO.

• As of today Vick’s stock has dropped and it looks like he is going to make a return.

• Statmachine said:

As of today Vick’s stock has dropped and it looks like he is going to make a return.

Not sure how I feel about this. Do you have any word on who is leaving the program to make room for Agbaji?

• @BShark In order of likelihood: Newman, Vick, Doke, Sam

• @Statmachine really depends on what Vicks camp is thinking. Does a return actually improve his stock? They might be ready to move on and start getting paid to play

• BShark said:

https://kansas.247sports.com/Article/Romeo-Langford-took-a-visit-to-Vanderbilt-and-continues-to-let-all-three-schools-make-final-impressions-115308034

Well dam this doesn’t do me any good - -as it’s a dam VIP - so don’t know what he said about KU - - yay. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BShark Can they tell us what players Self is telling them won’t be back? Lol.

• Ummm that article makes it seem like ku is leading and everyone else is trying to sell their soul

Big dog vs little dogs battle

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark Can they tell us what players Self is telling them won’t be back? Lol.

That would be nice wouldn’t it? Self definitely knows.

• Unfortunately New Albany lost tonight so now Langford will focus on recruiting and all star games.

• OK let me just say this. - - Is Indiana in the NCAA tourney? - - and the ANSWER IS? - - -UMM NO. - - Is Indiana in the Sweet Sixteen ? - - and the ANSWER IS ? - - -UMM NO - - - - - is Vanderbilt in the NCAA Tourney ? - - -and the ANSWER IS ? - - -UMM NO. - - -Is Vanderbilt in the Sweet sixteen? - - and the ANSWER IS? - - UMM NO .

Is Indiana on the level of KU ? - - and the ANSWER IS? - -UMM NO. - - has Indiana been prevelant in the tourney in recent history? - - and the ANSWER IS? - - -UMM NO - - - - Is Vanderbilt on the level of KU ? - -and the ANSWER IS? - - UMM NO. - - does Vanderbilt have a record of consistency in make the NCAA Tourney? - -and the ANSWER IS? - - UMM NO

ARE Indiana and Vanderbilt National Powers ? - - -and the ANSWER IS? - - UMM NO - - Do you want to play for a top ten program that is there year after year after year Romeo? - - and the ANSWER IS ? - - -UMM YES -should be a no doubter - -end of story - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

Don’t you wish kids see it that way

• @BeddieKU23 Boy do I. - -but their minds change as fast as a Kansas Weather forecast. - A lot of them don’t see the broad picture. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

I’m not sure what the weather is like in Kansas but where I live it was 75 one day, 20 the next with 6 inches of snow and then we got 3 Nor’easter’s in a week and on the first day of spring it was 7 out this morning

• @BeddieKU23 I sure feel for you with those storms - hear there is suppose to be a monster storm heading to Boston this Weekend - One reason WV left on their trip a day early so they could get there

There is a saying here in Kansas. - If you don’t like the weather wait for five minutes it will change lol. - Have seen multiple times where it was raining it’s ass off on one side of the street and nothing on the other side with sunshine.- -Of Course we have our Tornados been through 2 F-5"s don’t want to go through anymore. -Wind can flat blow you away- -you just never know what your going to get - -same way with a 17 - -18 yr old kid trying to make a decision - -he can and a lot of times will change his mind at the drop of a hat lol. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

Sounds very similar then. It looks like where I live will miss the storm for the most part. I know everyone is sick of snow especially as we hit the end of March here.

With Langford I think he’s taking a very deliberate and patient approach. I don’t think he’s staying in-state and has done the right thing overall. Indiana fans have taken his recruitment to extremes and it will be funny to see the meltdown if he goes to KU or Vandy

• @BeddieKU23 We had between .05-.10" of rain last night. First moisture since mid-October. Nearly a record. My poor boy loves snow and we haven’t had snow stick around for more than a day or two in years. So rub it in why don’t cha? 😄

• dylans said:

@BeddieKU23 We had between .05-.10" of rain last night. First moisture since mid-October. Nearly a record. My poor boy loves snow and we haven’t had snow stick around for more than a day or two in years. So rub it in why don’t cha? 😄

I will glady ship you all the snow from my yard for free. 😂

• @BeddieKU23 I think next winter I will get some fine spray nozzles and make my own snow machine. I can’t change the weather, but I will make it snow next season!

• @BeddieKU23 So I take it you must live somewhere close to the Coast then right? not sure. - -I Always say to people here when they start bitching about the winters here- I just say pssssssst please - -what would you do if you ever had to really go through a winter. - -We haven’t had squat for a winter here in I’d guess 10 yrs. - - Now we had some decent snows earlier in my life but I said if you complained to the people like from the East Coast about how bad we had it in the Winter -they would laugh you out of the room. - - Hell when I hear of snow rates of 2-3 inches an hour in your snows sometimes - - I think holy shit - hell we get 3 inches for a storm and people think it’s a decent snow - -FOR THE STORM LOL

As far as Langford - When I heard talk of him maybe announcing at the All Star game I thought we were out. But since he is waiting till April - - I think that no way can hurt our chances would you think? - -Like I’ve heard other people say he is waiting to see what Vick does - - makes sense to me. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

About 3 hours from the coast but every storm that has hit recently has been brutal for snowfall totals. A town a few miles away got over 4 feet in higher elevations. It’s been hit or miss lately here as far as big storms but this year has definitely been “hit” and in the wrong month as usually we are done with snow by now. Kids have missed so many days of school they are going into July now.

The more Langford waits until April the more I like our chances as you said. And if guys leave that we suspect might be we’ll have a lot of minutes to give him

• @BeddieKU23 Mercy. - - -that is brutal. - - -I bet the kids really enjoy having to go to school that long - -that’s insane.

Gonna be interesting to see how this Langford thing shakes out. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

I know the parents are not happy either. A lot of school days have been canceled over the threat of a big storm instead of waiting for it to actually hit. I can think of at least 3 days that have had cancellations and there wasn’t even any snow on the ground by noon. The decision making process has gotten soft compared to what it was even 10-15 years ago.

I’ve felt confident with Romeo for a while. The more I’ve watched his games this year the more excited I get envisioning him here with what we have coming back and coming in. I would take Malik coming back to anchor the team but if he’s leaving Romeo is absolutely the best option out there.

• @BeddieKU23 I saw an analysis of why there are more snow days without snow. States have largely reduced funding for school districts, school districts are getting consolidated, and plows are less available or shared by several municipalities. With districts covering wider geographical areas that can combine city and rural areas, the school boards have to make decisions sooner than they used to, and do not want to run the busses (which in many places like SC are poorly maintained) in any areas that might get hit by snow, affecting an entire district even if a storm might be limited. They have liabilty concerns over both running the busses on slippery roads, and not running the busses while the schools are open because of the worry that parents and kids will then have to drive those roads. Finally, with busses often shared by several schools or even districts, transporting the busses from closed districts to open districts can be iffy at best. (In SC all busses are owned by the state. Oh, yay.)

So, consolidation and limited funds, coupled with ultra-sensitivity to liabilty, are the reason kids get to stay home now and go to school in summer.

• @mayjay

Yes they sometimes close the schools a day in advance of the storm and its happened multiple times where kids have missed school without any snow actually falling. Anytime Nor’easter starts making the news, schools start panicking. I have a feeling once my son gets old enough I’m going to really feel the pain of this issue.

• Well I wonder how much attention Romeo has been paying attention to our trek and landing in San Antonio? - -You wanna play for an elite program? -you want to enjoy something like this? - I would think this success in the tourney can’t do anything but help us with him ya think?

Also wonder what this deep run does to La Gerald’s thought process as far as leaving or returning? - If we should happen to win it all - -you think that will influence him one way or another? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

Yes, I believe it helps with Langford. Vick situation depends on whether he is projected to be drafted. He started hot but has waned quite a bit.