KU Commits Stats, Tweets, Highlights Etc...

• JayHawkFanToo said:

Doke needs one more year to learn basketball fundamentals and improve his athleticism. I would be shocked if Preston comes, back; in fact, he might bolt if he is not cleared by the time the Spring Semester starts. Newma’s plan (and his dad) has always been to be playing for money next season; at this point the NBA is not within reach so overseas is the more likely destination.

Strongly agree with all of this. Doke as a JR would be pretty beast too…

• After his 44 point outburst Grimes had 33 and 39 point games in the same tournament.

• Phenom Hoop Report ‏

@Phenom_Hoops 17h17 hours ago More 6’2 '18 Devon Dotson (Providence Day/Kansas) had 35 points, 11 rebounds in win vs. Neumann-Goretti (PA) at the Hoodies House Tourney.

• Grimes had 19 as his team lost by 2 in the runner up game at their recent tournament. Probably tired from scoring so much in three games yesterday. 😂

• Big Dave 19 and 10 today.

• Grimes 23/9/9.

• He had 41 pts and 11 reb in that game.

• Markese had 18 pts in a 71-53 win for Uplift last night.

• I love this kid’s swag. He is going to be Mason 2.0, or Reborn, or something. You name it, and it appears he will be pretty much what we need over the next year or two. Even Self himself, made the bold comparison to Collins, and Mason. I believe he is as tough/er than either other guard, and is equally talented, if not better. I’m really excited for this get.

Does anyone see a slight possibility of a redshirt for either Dotson or Markese? It’s an interesting dilemma. Is it possible with Big Dave McCormack coming we could be a F4 contender for the next 1-3 years?

• @BShark This is obviously a rising star playing among average to below average HS talent. But 41 pts is sick. I always temper those numbers a bit as they enter D1 elite play. But Young has proven a young frosh pg can make an immediate impact. The biggest part of Young’s game is his IQ. It actually promotes his other obvious talents.

• @hawkmoon2020 Optimus is right. This kid is going to be the cornerstone of the team. We’ve all been so focused on this year’s drama, it’s been hard to peek into next year.

Think about it…Dotson, Grimes, and McCormack? And this is just to name a few…add DeSousa, and the slight chance that Doke stays…YIKES.

• truehawk93 said:

I love this kid’s swag. He is going to be Mason 2.0, or Reborn, or something. You name it, and it appears he will be pretty much what we need over the next year or two. Even Self himself, made the bold comparison to Collins, and Mason. I believe he is as tough/er than either other guard, and is equally talented, if not better. I’m really excited for this get.

Does anyone see a slight possibility of a redshirt for either Dotson or Markese? It’s an interesting dilemma. Is it possible with Big Dave McCormack coming we could be a F4 contender for the next 1-3 years?

Markese doesn’t come until 2 years from now. He still might redshirt though.

Dotson will not redshirt he will be the starting PG next year.

• truehawk93 said:

@BShark This is obviously a rising star playing among average to below average HS talent. But 41 pts is sick. I always temper those numbers a bit as they enter D1 elite play. But Young has proven a young frosh pg can make an immediate impact. The biggest part of Young’s game is his IQ. It actually promotes his other obvious talents.

Grimes has really good vision and PG skills for his size. I think he could be a better version/what we were hoping for Selden. I don’t think he at at the level of Young but he will also have more talent around him.

• truehawk93 said:

@hawkmoon2020 Optimus is right. This kid is going to be the cornerstone of the team. We’ve all been so focused on this year’s drama, it’s been hard to peak into next year.

Think about it…Dotson, Grimes, and McCormack? And this is just to name a few…add DeSousa, and the slight chance that Doke stays…YIKES.

I think McCormack won’t really contribute until year 2 and will be a great two way player year 3 and 4.

• Next year is going to be so exciting. Dotson, Grimes, and McCormack? DeSousa? Sick. We even have an ever so slight chance of Doke for 1 more year? Also, I’m more convinced that we have a really good chance at Romeo. I’m almost convinced that he is in fact waiting on Vick. I really believe that if he was ready to commit to his top choice, he would’ve done it. I think he likes what is shaping in Lawrence next year.

Grimes will be the cornerstone. Dotson will be the leader of the pack. Big Dave and DeSousa will be huge in the lane. If Doke returns for 1 more little year, I think we just might be unstoppable.
    Add Garrett’s enormous experience as a soph, and it’s going to be too FUN. I really wish to say more about Billy, but it’s too hard to tell right now.

• truehawk93 said:

Next year is going to be so exciting. Dotson, Grimes, and McCormack? DeSousa? Sick. We even have an ever so slight chance of Doke for 1 more year? Also, I’m more convinced that we have a really good chance at Romeo. I’m almost convinced that he is in fact waiting on Vick. I really believe that if he was ready to commit to his top choice, he would’ve done it. I think he likes what is shaping in Lawrence next year.

Grimes will be the cornerstone. Dotson will be the leader of the pack. Big Dave and DeSousa will be huge in the lane. If Doke returns for 1 more little year, I think we just might be unstoppable.
    Add Garrett’s enormous experience as a soph, and it’s going to be too FUN.

Don’t sleep on Dedric I think he will be our best player next year. I think Dedric will be offensive option 1A and Grimes 1B. Dotson might be a little wild at first like Frank but I think he will be a hell of a PG by the time it is all said and done. The one thing Dotson really needs to do is work on his jump shot. I think in fact that his jumper is what keeps him in Lawrence for multiple seasons. The good thing there is he will be surrounded by decent shooters (except Garrett) especially if KU gets Romeo who is a walking three point bucket. Drive and dish, drive and dish.

Doke coming back would be incredible.

• @BShark The one advantage for DeSousa this year is that it will pay huge dividends for next year.

All I know is we deserve a break after this crazy year.

• truehawk93 said:

@BShark The one advantage for DeSousa this year is that it will pay huge dividends for next year.

All I know is we deserve a break after this crazy year.

Absolutely. He will be much more ready to go and understand the schemes.

• @BShark We are we with our schollies? Now we have DeSousa, unless he has a monster second half, which I doubt, he will likely take some paper.

Amen to Dedric. I’m hearing some really solid info. This kid is going to be some what like BMac in terms of sitting out. He’s definitely going to make a big contribution next year. He brings a lot to what will be needed.

If Doke returns, your returners with Marcus and Dedric are going to be interesting pieces for these incoming freshmen. Can you imagine what Doke and Dedric will provide to the bigs? DeSousa is a bonus.

• I really feel for Billy. But something tells me he will have a good career with or without KU. I know his heart was set on playing for KU. Well, it ain’t over till it’s over. Here’s hoping someone at the ncaa has some heart, if not for KU, at least for a young player that fell victim to the stupid OAD rules.

• truehawk93 said:

@BShark We are we with our schollies? Now we have DeSousa, unless he has a monster second half, which I doubt, he will likely take some paper.

Amen to Dedric. I’m hearing some really solid info. This kid is going to be some what like BMac in terms of sitting out. He’s definitely going to make a big contribution next year. He brings a lot to what will be needed.

If Doke returns, your returners with Marcus and Dedric are going to be interesting pieces for these incoming freshmen. Can you imagine what Doke and Dedric will provide to the bigs? DeSousa is a bonus.

If Vick leaves, look for KU to add two guards/wings. Adding Romeo is ideal if he leaves. The other addition (or only addition if Vick stays) will be developmental. Keep an eye on this kid: https://247sports.com/player/ochai-agbaji-46042163

Norm saw him play about a week ago and he visited KU on his own dime today for the game. Doesn’t have an offer yet, but he has been crushing the local KS competition and should be the KC metro player of the year. He would be a likely redshirt his first season while he develops.

Dedric has proven it at the D1 level. The American isn’t an amazing league but averaging 20 and 10 is incredible, and he has a year off to work out and get better. Much like Newman’s year at MSST was a cautionary tale for expecting him to be great, Dedric’s play while at Memphis is exciting.

• Devon Dotson 38 pts/8 reb/4 ast/4 stl and named mvp of the Big Apple Invitational.

• BShark said:

Devon Dotson 38 pts/8 reb/4 ast/4 stl and named mvp of the Big Apple Invitational.

Killer line. So glad he’s a future Hawk

• Dotson 27 pts/12 reb/10 ast last game.

Grimes went for 45 pt/8reb.

Big Dave throw down: https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/952047455545171969

• Markese had 28 pts in last game.

• BShark said:

Dotson 27 pts/12 reb/10 ast last game.

Grimes went for 45 pt/8reb.

Big Dave throw down: https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/952047455545171969

• If KU can win the the conference this year, it will be the most satisfying and, with all the talent coming, next year will be considerably easier.

• Devon had a big game in front of Self and Norm last night. 34/8/5. Sounds like he was being double teamed a lot too.

• Grimes 28/15/6 last night.

• Casual 52 pts/8 rb from Grimes tonight.

• Dotson 40/7/7 tonight.

• Grimes 22/11/7 tonight.

• BShark said:

Grimes 22/11/7 tonight.

Weak Sauce!!!

• BShark said:

Dotson 40/7/7 tonight.

That’s more like it!

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

Grimes 22/11/7 tonight.

Weak Sauce!!!

One of their random players (you think I’d remember their names after the commitment announcement but nah) had 31 pts and took a lot of shots lol.

• @BShark

Is there another D1 recruit on Grimes’ team? I know that Langford plays with a guy that has some mid and high major attention (Sean East), but I didn’t realize there was also a guy on Grimes’ team. In watching Grimes highlights, no other player has really stuck out to me.

I know about East because when you watch Langford highlights, you see another guy almost always in the middle of the action, so I looked him up to see if he was a JR or SR. He’s a SR, probably headed for a midlevel D1 school (most likely in the MAC). At the HS level, though, two guys with D1 skills translates into a nasty one-two punch.

I haven’t seen that in Grimes highlights

• @justanotherfan Nope. The only player on his team that is playing beyond HS ball is going to a KS JUCO.

• @BShark

That sounds about right in watching the highlights. Thanks for the info.

• Markese had 22 pts 11 ast in a pretty big win for Uplift last night.

• Ochai had 27 tonight and hit a game winning free throw.

• Grimes 31/13/5 last night.

Dotson 32/6/5 last night.

• BShark said:

Ochai had 27 tonight and hit a game winning free throw.

• David McCormack is averaging 12.8 pts, 9.2 boards, 1.3 blks, 1.3 steals, 64% FG, 65% FT’s.

He’s #3 or 4th option at Oak Hill with their perimeter shot happy guys (UK & Oregon Commits).

I’d take those numbers at KU in 2-3 years any day!

• BeddieKU23 said:

David McCormack is averaging 12.8 pts, 9.2 boards, 1.3 blks, 1.3 steals, 64% FG, 65% FT’s.

He’s #3 or 4th option at Oak Hill with their perimeter shot happy guys (UK & Oregon Commits).

Thanks for posting. He isn’t on twitter at all so it can be hard to find individual game stats for him. It also doesn’t help that he has a common name. You’d think a school like Oak Hill would just tweet out stats but not really, it’s a lot easier when the player (like Dotson and Grimes) tweet or retweet it.

Definitely good numbers. Being in a situation where there are 3 guards/wings going to high level D1 ball means not many shots.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

David McCormack is averaging 12.8 pts, 9.2 boards, 1.3 blks, 1.3 steals, 64% FG, 65% FT’s.

Thanks for posting. He isn’t on twitter at all so it can be hard to find individual game stats for him. It also doesn’t help that he has a common name. You’d think a school like Oak Hill would just tweet out stats but not really, it’s a lot easier when the player (like Dotson and Grimes) tweet or retweet it.

Definitely good numbers. Being in a situation where there are 3 guards/wings going to high level D1 ball means not many shots.

I used http://www.prepcircuit.com/ to find his stats. Saw in phog post about Sunrise Christian, saw they played Oak Hill and wanted to see how Dave did. Found my way to this useful site.

I agree he’s already in a role where he’s getting rotational usage. I think he’s going to be a very good 4 year player by the end of his career

• @BeddieKU23 That site is nice! All of Dave’s individual game stats (and most everyone else KU recruits). Very cool. It looks like Big Dave is very consistent in the 10-15 ppg with a couple duds (2,6) and a couple of big games (20,23). Consistency would be nice, it generally means a consistent motor.

• That’s pretty great. I had been digging around Max Preps but they hide the box scores behind a pay wall and I am absolutely not paying for HS basketball stats. Even funnier knowing that there is a site that puts them out there for free.