Are we done recruiting?

• BShark said:

So we’ve gotten to the point where I saw a Missouri fan say Kansas has “too much” talent next year and it won’t work because rotations or something. What a time to be alive.

Dam life is rough huh? -" too much talent" umm , umm, umm what to do lmao - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BShark said:

So we’ve gotten to the point where I saw a Missouri fan say Kansas has “too much” talent next year and it won’t work because rotations or something. What a time to be alive. BUT - - BUT – BUT - -they have Michael lmao. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• First rule about sports is you can never have too much talent.

Also @jayballer54 some weird stuff happening with Michael Porter JR. He went from missing one game just to be safe to not traveling with the team pretty fast.

• BShark said:

First rule about sports is you can never have too much talent.

Also @jayballer54 some weird stuff happening with Michael Porter JR. He went from missing one game just to be safe to not traveling with the team pretty fast.

WOW - -hadn’t heard that about him not traveling with the team - -when did that take place? - what’s going on? - maybe something worse with that hip? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BShark likely just protecting the goods, play or sit he’s a top 5 pick.

• Only problem with this much talent is someone is not going to be getting in reps! Someone will transfer? I know Lightfoot has said never BUT we have all heard that before.

• Statmachine said:

Only problem with this much talent is someone is not going to be getting in reps! Someone will transfer? I know Lightfoot has said never BUT we have all heard that before.

I think most of us are hoping he takes a red-shirt. He needs it if he’s going to become a regular part of the rotation in the future.

• @BShark

How fitting would it be to see him sit the year.

• Statmachine said:

Only problem with this much talent is someone is not going to be getting in reps! Someone will transfer? I know Lightfoot has said never BUT we have all heard that before.

Mentioned this a day or so ago but yeah, we will see what Mitch does when he is actually staring down being the 6th post player.

• BeddieKU23 said:

@BShark

I don’t think this is super likely but it would be pretty hilarious. Especially given that crap he was spewing about maybe staying a second year.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

@BShark

I don’t think this is super likely but it would be pretty hilarious. Especially given that crap he was spewing about maybe staying a second year.

Hmmmm, curious , wonder if ol muck fizzou would be interested in scrimmaging us AGAIN NEXT YEAR roflmao. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BShark said:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article185140443.html

Answer is a firm no.

Yet the only names being talked about as additional pieces to the class are Zion and Romeo. Doesn’t appear to be a backup plan.

• @RockkChalkk Sounds like he wants to add a shooter, which makes sense. So if guys leave early and they don’t land Romeo I’m sure they’d look around late. Just too early to know who they’d be going after whether it’s a HS recruit or grad transfer.

• @BShark I guess what I was implying is that I get the sense that the staff feels confident about Romeo otherwise I’d think there would be some other names out there.

• @RockkChalkk

I am sure the coaching staff is following players we don’t know and has a Plan B, C, D and E. No sense in tipping your hand and had other schools swoop in.

• Is the Jacobs brother a shooter?

• It’s obvious Self is only interested in the big fish left. They will wait and see what happens. If they miss on both for some reason then you go after what becomes available in the spring from coaching changes etc.

• Also we can’t really offer anyone else right now. If everyone returned that wasn’t graduating next season we’d be 1 over in scholarships. We know that’s not happening which is why Self has 3 transfers and 4 HS players signed. The fallout will determine what we can get

• @BeddieKU23

Coach Self has said several times KU will not add a players just to use up the scholarship left; it will add one if he can contribute.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@BeddieKU23

Coach Self has said several times KU will not add a players just to use up the scholarship left; it will add one if he can contribute.

De Sousa will be that player. His situation is perfect. He graduates HS in December so he can take the last spot currently open early.

• @BeddieKU23

I believe we are all hoping for this since it would be the ideal situation.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Is the Jacobs brother a shooter?

I don’t believe so.

• Bol Bol finally committed to Oregon.

Don’t worry UK didn’t want him.

• @BeddieKU23 - Bol Bol is over 7’, but I wonder whether he will be able to hold his position against other bigs in college. Bol is only 220 and he’s been showcased against smaller players. He needs to gain weight to be able to work inside, don’t you think? Or does he have a decent perimeter shot?

• @Gorilla72

I am not sure Bol Bol can gain any more weight. Like his dad, he as a very thin frame and bones and will never be able to grow that frame.

• @Gorilla72 Should be able to make up for quite a bit with his wingspan defensively.

Offensively, he seems like a great mismatch. Can stroke it pretty well from the mid-range (and even the outside a little bit) and has nice touch around the basket. He may not be able to get great position inside, but he could be a nightmare in pick and roll/pop situations as well as on the offensive glass.

With that being said, he probably wouldn’t have done well at KU schematically and I’m glad to not see him at Duke or UK.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Bol Bol finally committed to Oregon.

Don’t worry UK didn’t want him. lOL Ya right lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Gorilla72 He has a decent shot BUT like you say he is going to be in some trouble I think he is over ranked some - I just don’t se the # 3 ranked player, as you said it’s one thing with that height to do it in High School - but matching up against really quality other Big’ s or experience big’s - Not sold. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Gorilla72 said:

@BeddieKU23 - Bol Bol is over 7’, but I wonder whether he will be able to hold his position against other bigs in college. Bol is only 220 and he’s been showcased against smaller players.

If he can play like his Dad, he will just reach around everybody, or over them, looking like Elasticman with flexible elbows. I loved watching Manute play!

• @mayjay

Manute Bil was 7’-7” and had a NBA record wingspan of 8’-6”. Bol Bol is 7’-2” or taller, depending on the site, but his wingspan is 7’-8”. Advantage dad.

• @JayHawkFanToo Yeah, I know but I hope he plays against a bunch of 6’6" centers so I can relive those memories.

• @mayjay

Here is a memory for you, Manute is the only player ever in the NBA with more blocks than points.

• Gorilla72 said:

@BeddieKU23 - Bol Bol is over 7’, but I wonder whether he will be able to hold his position against other bigs in college. Bol is only 220 and he’s been showcased against smaller players. He needs to gain weight to be able to work inside, don’t you think? Or does he have a decent perimeter shot?

As others have said below he’s a giant and will need to continue to add strength to his frame. I’m not sure he ever wants to fill out weight wise because that will take away from his perimeter skills that he is so set on keeping. This is basically a guard in a 7’2 frame. Surprisingly he has a really good perimeter shot and its truly unique to see a 7 footer hitting shots outside with skill (Like a Joel Embiid).

I think if he can play at 240,245 that might be a target weight to keep him at going forward. He changes things so much defensively because of his ability to protect the rim. He does have some serious motor questions, maturity issues that have been well documented. I wouldn’t be surprised if his eligibility is in question as well as the person he’s lived with out West could come into question.

The one thing that will take time for him to adjust to is the speed of the game. In College it will be an adjustment but shouldn’t be as big of a deal after a few games. In the NBA it will be something that I could see him struggling for a while at. He tends to be a split second slow on reactions and that can cost him. Bol has all the tools of a top 5 player but in my mind is the toughest player to rank, project because I do think his mind is ultimately going to be the most important thing for him to learn how to control. Altman will definitely push him in his one year which could help him tremendously.

A game changing recruit for Oregon potentially.

• @mayjay Manute had a tape worm. A stiff wind would knock him over.

• Nice profile about Bol Bol. Tidbit on shoe-based recruiting issues: He is a shoe fiend. The Phil Knight Room at Oregon won him over.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/sports/basketball/bol-bol-oregon-manute.html

• @JayHawkFanToo Weight isnt as big an issue as STRENGTH is. You can be thin and strong. Kevin Garnett is the prime example. 6’11 250 at most.

• Simi Shittu to Vandy. Damn. Shittu is really good in my opinion.

Has to make Langford even more enticed to consider them…

Vandy will have to start “processing some players” as they are 1 over now on scholarships.

• @BeddieKU23

Good school with very good academic reputation and no issues that I can remember. I would think it makes Vandy the leader for Langford now. I am sure they will find a way to reassign the scholarships so everyone is covered.

• I see where Brian Bowen, the $100,000 Louisville commit, will not be allowed to play for Louisville. UL won’t let him play or be part of the team, although he will get a scholarship if he wants to stay. He can study at UL or transfer because UL is giving him permission to do so. Ironically, Bowen found out through Twitter, according to his lawyer.

• Interview I read where they talked to Romeo’s Dad. He says they want to look at each School a little bit more, Want to watch the Coaching style a little bit , how they’re doing with their team and go from their. Talked about the Three schools.

Indiana: - -He is homegrown and making history by staying at home and going to IU. We like their style of offense that Archie Miller has, they brought the one they had from Dayton , he brought that to Indiana, we like that, still want to see a bit more and also get to know the Coaching staff a little bit more too. ( I’m not sure who he was referring to when he says bringing the one he had from Dayton )

Vanderbilt:- - Coach Drew for one played NBA ball for five or six years and his style of offense, Romeo can see himself filling in that style of offense. But we like that program and the Coaching style also.

KU :- - We like Coach Self as a Coach and we also like the program We like the staff. He( Coach Self ) - has already mentioned that they were going to try and get those two guys - - Dotson & Grimes they finally got Grimes, he was talking about doing a three way offense for his guards, and having Romeo , Quentin , & Devon take the ball up the court, so we don’t see any problems with that.

The one thing he says that kind of concerns me is , his dad says they want to try and take some visits, syas they want to try to get down there and watch Vandy play a home game if we can fit it into our schedule, and also go to IU and watch them.

What concerns me some is he says as far as Kansa we don’t know how close they’ll get to us so we don’t know if we can make that trip. If your really interested seriously considering a school wouldn’t you find some way to make that visit? - -Not to sure how this sits with KU ? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 Did he already do his official visits? Where is he, anyway?

• mayjay said:

@jayballer54 Did he already do his official visits? Where is he, anyway?

He is from New Albany Indiana - -he went off for 48 points his last Game. - -I think he took his official to KU - well actually I think he has done all his officials. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 Maybe those were not for games. Sounds like he wants to watch coaches in action, under stress, how they adapt in the game, etc. I would think all potential players would want to see that.

• mayjay said:

@jayballer54 Maybe those were not for games. Sounds like he wants to watch coaches in action, under stress, how they adapt in the game, etc. I would think all potential players would want to see that.

II can understand that he wants to watch how they coach under stress - -so - -why if you were considering a School seriously as in the final three like you say you would think they would for sure work at making that visit to KU. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• We’re not getting him if Vick comes back. The staff is recruiting him like Vick is gone, as they should, no matter what they think he’ll do.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

We’re not getting him if Vick comes back. The staff is recruiting him like Vick is gone, as they should, no matter what they think he’ll do.

It’s a good thing they are cause I’m telling you right now here 11-24-2017 at 8:01 a.m. - -VICK is not coming back. - -sell the farm , the cars, the kids , the dog. - If you truly believe Vick is coming back then share the pipe with me cause I could sure use a hit of what your smoking lmao. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 Vick has been otherworldly through 4 games. I don’t think he can keep up these numbers when the schedule gets tougher but damn.

• BShark said:

@jayballer54 Vick has been otherworldly through 4 games. I don’t think he can keep up these numbers when the schedule gets tougher but damn.

Agree , exactly - -thing is - -he won’t have to stay at the level he is at right now, as you and I both know the NBA judges a lot off potential, and Vick is oozing with potential and pretty decent amount of talent and has length . - -We need to enjoy him in his third year, I think with what we have already recruited plus what we got coming back, I think staff already knows he is at the least 95% gone. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY