Embiid: THE GOAT

• Embiid said he actually decided to stay at KU bc he loved it. Said he was “kind of pushed to leave” — he wouldn’t say by who. #kubball

• Had heard rumblings about this before but Embiid just coming out and saying it is fantastic. Also holy shit SO Embiid if healthy would have been straight fire.

• I thought Self wouldn’t let him stay.

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

I thought Self wouldn’t let him stay.

Wasn’t Self imo. Self likely recommended he go pro but would have happily taken him back. Just guessing though!

• The African kids have a lot of people in their ear. Look at Cheick being OAD after basically not playing.

• It looks like whoever told him to leave made the right decision… Although, had Embiid had his injury struggles and ended up here until last season. Holy shit.

• Kcmatt7 said:

It looks like whoever told him to leave made the right decision… Although, had Embiid had his injury struggles and ended up here until last season. Holy shit.

Who knows how it goes tbh. He might not have injured himself had he stayed. But ultimately it was the correct decision objectively to go make bank.

• We would’ve been much better with him in the line up Embiid> Alexander. I will never put down a lottery pick for leaving, I’d do the same.

• Joel is 0-10 on 3 pointers so far, but averaging a double double!

• He has always had the potential to be one of the five greatest centers of all time.

But it’s a long flight from potential to reality and he has already missed some stops.

We will never get to see the ten years of early slender greatness. Coming to basketball late and injury took that away.

But there is still a chance for him to live out the man mountain years.

Pray it happens.

• From ESPN about 76ers’ defeat of Houston in Houston last night:

Joel Embiid had 22 points, nine rebounds and five assists with two steals in 25 minutes. Dating back to 1983-84, it is just the third time a player has posted those numbers in 25 minutes of play or less. Pau Gasol did it in 2015 for Chicago and Fat Lever did it in 1990 for Denver.

• Tonight (11/1): Home defeat of Atlanta. 21 pts, 12 rebs, 6 assts, 3 stls, 3 blks. 30 min, so he must be feeling healthy!

• @mayjay

There is something about him that feels like Roy Hobbs from Africa.

I so hope it plays out like the movie and not the book.

He is the greatest physical talent at center I have seen since Jabbar.

If he can stay healthy, his career will unfold completely unlike any other big man’s in the past. Sooooo fascinating. He may not reach his peak of development of fundamentals for another five years. Seriously, this guy could be hanging 50-100 points in games when he really learns how to do it day in and day out in the NBA, and fully develops his skills. Incredible.

He is coming a long at a perfect time. There are so few real centers in the NBA, and essentially no monster talents. It is rather like when Big Russ and Wilt came in. He could really take over.

Go, Joel, go!!!

• He won’t need to rack up the points to that extent while playing with Simmons. Good Golly, that young man is everything they could have wanted!

Hey, when was the last time the 76ers were at .500 eight games into the season?

• Answer to my question: they actually began 2013-14 with a 5-4 record!

• Yep yep yep. I’m gonna expand on this topic.
    I’m not gonna quote stats here. This is all emotional brevity. The 76ers are the most exciting young team in the NBA right now! Right now! I mean, who else has a transcendental player like Joel Embiid at Center right now!? Nobody, that’s who!! ( Did anyone else see ESPNs other article on him recently?) I mean, JOJO just dropped a line of 21/12/6/3/3 on the Hawks tonight. in 30 minutes!!! 30! (oops I just quoted stats) Its Bonkers what he is doing! Bonkers! But I mean this guy is to the point of saying his minutes restrictions are F***ing BS and the management caves!! They let him play. Hell on this night Ben Simmons only played 4 more minutes than Joel.

Speaking of Ben Simmons. I used to snort in derision at the guy for going to LSU. But holy cow he is good!! I mean who else in the NBA has a 6’10" guy that can play point!? Who does?
    The Cavs have Lebron James. But dang they aren’t above .500!

Who else in the NBA has a tandem like Joel and Simmons!?

Freeking NoBody!!

I’m saying it right now. the 76ers will sneak into the play offs this season.

Also, the 76ers are my favorite team in the NBA. Sorry Memphis Grizz fans. And that says something to me too because I am a big fan of Golden State! GSW, that whole team is transcendental.

But seriously, even Golden State will have match up nightmares trying to contain Joel and Ben.

I mean, who is gonna guard Simmons outside? Steph? Klay? Yah, they just switch all screens, then KD or Iggy takes over and JoJo rolls to the rim basically unchallenged because even Golden State doesn’t have a post man capable of containing “the Lion Killer” JOJO!!!

Sorry people. I’m just a tad bit excited here.

• mayjay said:

He won’t need to rack up the points to that extent while playing with Simmons. Good Golly, that young man is everything they could have wanted!

Hey, when was the last time the 76ers were at .500 eight games into the season?

The point is he will be able to rack up 50-100 points WITH Simmons!

And he could do it WITHOUT Simmons.

Simmons would just make it soooo much easier.

• @Lulufulu

The era of the super center is reborn.

If Embiid stays healthy, we will look back on the era of GS and Cleveland the way we do the 1950-1956 in the NBA. There were great players in that era, but there were no super centers like Big Russ and Wilt.