RJ Hampton

• Bump. I believe you can move this kid into the top target in 2019 territory.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Bump. I believe you can move this kid into the top target in 2019 territory.

Did he officially reclass?

• But yeah, I don’t think Self has ever had a guard as good as RJ before, and he is a KU fan… Gotta close.

• @BShark not officially. He’s definitely working toward it though.

• Fruits of Frank?

• @dylans and Devonte, possibly Malik too if he gets drafted somehow. Hampton and a sophomore Dotson in the same backcourt would be insane.

• This reclassification game is hard to keep up with. I hear Cassius Stanley is a possibility for 18 as well. Maybe he becomes a target if Romeo goes elsewhere.

I’m not a huge fan of the move unless you are really that talented. Stanley certainly fits the bill

• BeddieKU23 said:

This reclassification game is hard to keep up with. I hear Cassius Stanley is a possibility for 18 as well. Maybe he becomes a target if Romeo goes elsewhere.

I’m not a huge fan of the move unless you are really that talented. Stanley certainly fits the bill

Looks like USC for Stanley. Especially if he is reclassing I think.

• BeddieKU23 said:

This reclassification game is hard to keep up with. I hear Cassius Stanley is a possibility for 18 as well. Maybe he becomes a target if Romeo goes elsewhere.

I’m good with it if the kid can graduate and is physically ready. A lot of these kids get “redshirted” early in school and will be 19 when they graduate, so might as well move up the earning clock. Stanley isn’t coming to KU unless we’re desperate (i.e. everyone leaves and we have nobody at the wing but Garrett).

• There’s nobody left in 2018 or 2019 that could reclassify into 2018 that I would rather have than what KU currently has already. KU next year with everybody back who is eligible is the odds on favorite to win the title and would have a shot at going undefeated.

We would be talking about some extremely talented players riding the bench next year if everyone returns. Charlie Moore likely rides the bench, David McCormack likely rides the bench, Lightfoot rides the bench and potentially redshirts, Cunliffe would likely ride the bench. Marcus Garrett possibly rides the bench. It’s also entirely possible KJ Lawson or one of the freshmen guards ends up on the bench.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

If everybody that is eligible to come back does, including Newman, Vick and Udoka, who do you see being in the starting 5?

• Dotson, Grimes, Newman, Dedric, Dok

Would be my guess if the roster holds as it is today.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@Texas-Hawk-10

If everybody that is eligible to come back does, including Newman, Vick and Udoka, who do you see being in the starting 5?

As of today, I’d go Newman, Grimes, Vick, Dedric, Doke.

• @FarmerJayhawk Newman or a freshman at point guard pick your poison.

• Furk that’s hard.

I think I’d go with Dotson, Newman, Grimes, Dedric, Doke. But I mean, Self isn’t going to have Vick on the bench as a SR.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

JayHawkFanToo said:

@Texas-Hawk-10

As of today, I’d go Newman, Grimes, Vick, Dedric, Doke.

That 5, wow. Unlikely that’s what we get but man that would be some lineup

• In a perfect world Dotson, Grimes, Vick, Dedric, Doke.

I think what we see is Dotson, Grimes, Vick, Lightfoot, Lawson.

With Moore, Garrett, Lawson, De Sousa the 4 main rotation guys. Big Dave & Cunliffe for depth, foul trouble, injury, blowout situations. Langford would just put this roster on another level so we can only hope he joins even if Vick returns…

Newman has certainly turned his season around so I’m assuming he goes and gets paid somewhere. Doke is gone in my opinion.

• Not as simple as it would seem if all the eligible players return. 😃

• @BShark I stand right with you on that Vick comment. No way would Self bench senior Vick for a freshman. At least not until that freshman proved his superiority. Of course, if the newcomer should pan out to be a Josh Jackson, then “LaGerald, take a seat until the second time-out!” Actually, I am still patiently depending upon Vick to distinguish his skills as a highly competitive league stat producer. And I think he will return next season to establish that perception.

• I don’t think Grimes or Dotson will be close to the type of impact Josh had. Grimes might struggle some early. I’m intrigued to see how he translates though. I think both are really good fits for KU/Self in time. Dotson being a Frank type penetration guard and Grimes is a big CG.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@Texas-Hawk-10

If all eligible players return which looks like to most likely scenario at the moment to me, I would say that the starting line up would be Newman, Vick, Dedric Lawson, Azubuike with Moore at the PG spot early until Dotson learns the ropes.

• I think Newman is playing his way towards leaving.

• BShark said:

But yeah, I don’t think Self has ever had a guard as good as RJ before, and he is a KU fan… Gotta close.

He is also Adidas. Gotta close.

• We have an excellent chance if he’s a 2019 guy, as it appears he will be. Would be a terrific replacement for Grimes if he’s a OAD.

• @FarmerJayhawk Top want.