Chorfs

• Alex smith! Hope Eric Berry didn’t tear his Achilles!

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

Hope Eric Berry didn’t tear his Achilles!

I hope so too, if only hope mattered. REEEEEALLY looked like he did. 😞

• This ESPN article is Patriots centric, but is not without it’s due props for the Chiefs. Glad to see the Patriots get their asses handed to them.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20624359/new-england-patriots-got-humbling-loss-probably-needed

• Great win. Great start to the season. Alex Smith was the man. But, 4 hours to play a game. Come on now. The families who attended the game were driving home at 1 am. I thought the NFL was trying to keep game times down to 3 hours.

• @stoptheflop Well a 42-28 win is a lot of points and a lot of clock stoppage. I would rather have it be that exciting than a 10-7 win that lasts 3 hours.

• @Crimsonorblue22 I just hope that the prognosis is good and he can maybe get back by the end of the season.

At least he played this game. We needed him to handle Gronk.

Sorensen is as good of a backup as any team has and should be able to fill Berry’s spot against lesser teams with TEs not named Gronk just fine.

With that being said, not going out and getting Hayden also looks like a bad move at this point.

• How about those Chiefs! Hadnt seen much of preseason, wondered about offense with B- o-line that Alex has been saddled with for yrs, and now without Maclin…but I guess we can call Hill + Hunt “deep” threats, and they’re multidimensional threats all over the field. Kelce is a threat at any range, now drawing doubleteams. What a find Hunt is.

I have to say, KCs O-line may be flirting with an A- rating, but we have only 1 game…BUT when has Alex had this kind of time??? Ha! Look what happens when he does, to all those stupid Alex haters in KC. You could be Denver fans rt now and go to battle with Simeon & OsweilerChpt2?

Check Alex’s stats by season’s end. And I like Mahomes, but his time will come: Kliff Kingsbury said it best: perfect situation for Mahomes, learn from one of the best: Alex, Reid. Dont throw him to the wolves.

Go KC! My thoughts go out to Berry. Achilles tear is season-ending for him, and changes the KC D.

• Speaking of Denver, I do like many of their players, heard that Talib is out with “Achilles”, and Jamaal Charles is out with “knee”. Not sure what either’s details, but I feel bad for those 2 guys, great players…

• “The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated” - Alex Smith

Great game for the Chiefs that hopefully sets the tone for the season.

A couple of interesting observations…Looked like Brady had so much time to throw; he would stand by himself for what it seemed a long time and could pick where to throw, Smith appeared to be under constant pressure and still managed to find receivers.

Penalties: Chiefs - 15-139, Patriots - 6-55. Seems pretty lopsided to me; are the Patriots the Duke of the NFL?

• Peters did great job being lockdown/shutdown DB. He just needs to avoid negative PR regarding that whole sitting during NatlAnthem. Maybe he need to look at his PR-nightmare buddy, Kaepernick, out of a job, as his Castro stupidity served NO cause that he was trying to champion. You can easily say that minority rights as a cause could truly use a far better celebrity proponent…than the idiot Kaep proved himself to be.

Goodell says NFL “not blackballing” Kaep, & teams ea make their own personnel decisions. Nobody wants their “team leader”/face of franchise to be this Colin Kaeprnick dude.

Jesus christ, why isnt the standard for behavior for nfl qb’s people like Drew Brees, Alex Smith, T.Brady, that Falcons QB? And a long list of past nfl greats? Peters better take notes, we can send him packing too, just a DB, not a franchise face like a QB.

Play PR games with a half-billion $ entity like an nfl franchise, & see what the ownership will say, then do…go ahead, nfl playa, its only your own few years long career at stake, right?

• @JayHawkFanToo I feel like Alex has happy feet which makes him look more under pressure than he really is a lot of times. He does a horrible job sliding in the pocket.

With that being said, I’m a big Smith fan and I hope they Franchise him and make Mahomes learn at least one more season.

• A lot of this win was Andy Reid. Especially the first half where Alex was really not great but Andy did a lot of schemin and had multiple gotcha type plays. It’s easy to not appreciate Andy because he has never won a super bowl but that was an incredible gameplan last night.

• @BShark Big Bob Sutton had a great game plan too. Took Gronk out completely. I also love that he has a strong side. Forces the opponent to only play on half of the field. He also waited until the O-Line got tired and Patriots were desperate for points before he unleashed a fresh Houston who wasn’t wasting energy rushing the passer when he was getting double teamed by the TE or RB.

Also, the DLine rotation was amazing. A fresh Jones, Logan and Roach is as good of a defensive front rotation as you can ask for. Allen Bailey being back is a huge help as well. If you notice, when Brady got in his funk, it was when the D had a chance to catch their breath and we were getting a push up the middle so he couldn’t step into throws.

Reid did do a great job game planning though, agreed. It helps when you have 2 guys like Tyreek and Kelce who are head and shoulders above anyone you can use to defend them. And, they are both versatile enough that you can put them all over the field. How do you defend that? The Tyreek-Kelce twins stack on Tyreeks td is a defensive coordinators nightmare. You HAVE to put two CBs and a safety over the top no matter what. And even that might not be enough as we saw last night with the safety biting on Kelce letting Tyreek run free. If you don’t bite on Kelce, you are basically giving us 10 yards, if you can tackle Kelce 1v1. That also means that there are only 6 or 7 guys in the box and we can run the ball.

Overall, I think that Kelce and Hill’s health are the keys to a great season. If Conley can step up even a little more, and Alex can be 80% of what he was last night, this Chiefs team may very well be the best team in the conference.

Of course it also depends on how the secondary responds to not having Berry for 15 more games. I think between Murray and Sorenson, we might be able to get by though.

• Agree. They made Brady throw into tight windows. I was defending Sutton early in the game on other boards too. Berry was a big part of taking out Gronk and unfortunately he is out for the year now. Really the only negative about last night.

Add Hunt to Hill and Kelce. That kid is a weapon and a great fit for Andy’s offense.

• @BShark I think he will be a stud. I just don’t think he has the same versatility. Not sure he can go lineup as a WR and be effective. Yet. That long TD catch shows how much trust even Smith has in him as a pass catcher though so I could be wrong.

• Go Chiefs! What’s up espn? Fix it!

• Just when the Chiefs had fooled almost everyone, they resume regular operations. Carry on.

• Oline problems are real. Too many injuries.

• As you watch the game know that Redskins RB Robert Kelley ‘Fat Rob’ is a former student of mine. Incredibly proud of him!

• wissox said:

As you watch the game know that Redskins RB Robert Kelley ‘Fat Rob’ is a former student of mine. Incredibly proud of him!

That’s awesome.

• @wissox really cool

• Nice td dance kelce!

• Tie it up here

• Alex! Neck ok?

• Kicker has one job…

• @BShark maybe not now

• Chiefs!!❤💛🏉 undefeated!!

• What a damn game.

• I was ready to fire butt-kicker dot com after his first miss, but he nailed his last 3 attempts.

• dylans said:

I was ready to fire butt-kicker dot com after his first miss, but he nailed his last 3 attempts.

Kid was money at GT. I like the Chiefs strategy of having kickers that cost next to nothing. They are def overpaying Colquitt so it balances out. At least Colquitt is generally good.

• @BShark I think you can get a good kicker off the street. Soccer players are all over the place. Kickers are not worth paying unless they can consistently hit 60 yarders in any scenario.

A punter though, not everywhere. And not one who can both flip field position AND pin you inside the 20 is rare. A Punter is very undervalued position.

• Colquit is nice. A weapon even, under Herm…

Having a poor kicker sucks. It’s terrible to lose a football game for non football reasons (kicking). The playoff game against Indy that the Chiefs kicker, Lin Elliot, missed from 35, 39, and 42 yards in a 10-7 loss makes me think kickers are overly important given they don’t play football. Kicking is it’s own mini-game within the game.

• @dylans

Unfortunately, there are only really maybe 5-6 good kickers at any given time. The rest have some very obvious limitations that will rear their head at the most inopportune times.

• dylans said:

Colquit is nice. A weapon even, under Herm…

Having a poor kicker sucks. It’s terrible to lose a football game for non football reasons (kicking). The playoff game against Indy that the Chiefs kicker, Lin Elliot, missed from 35, 39, and 42 yards in a 10-7 loss makes me think kickers are overly important given they don’t play football. Kicking is it’s own mini-game within the game.

Fortunately the Chiefs have had solid kickers since Succop.

• Amazing to discuss Chiefs’ kicker issues without mentioning Jan Stenerud…cough cough…Miami…Christmas Day … ahem … two overtimes…(choking to death, expires)…

• What a nice come from behind victory. Also Alex is playing at a high level. Go Chiefs.

• @AsadZ not a good start by the defense! Thought it was going to be a long pm.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Perhaps they were too juiced up for MNF 🙂

• Go Chiefs! @Texas-Hawk-10 and my brother and son are there. Texas hawk probably not rooting for chiefs.😳

• @KUSTEVE probably not too happy about this L.

• Texans fans are like unicorns but supposedly they exist.

• @BShark he’s a Houston fan? Talking about injuries!

• @Crimsonorblue22 Body bag game tonight. ☹

• @BShark The results don’t surprise me. I think the Chiefs are the best team in football.

• @BShark Watching Conley’s Achilles rupture was brutal. Esp. since it was in garbage time. Watching Deshaun pad his stats was gross (in garbage time). Wtf D, don’t quit early.

• @dylans Would you prefer Watson lay down on the field and quit because they’re behind?

• @KUSTEVE there’s always the ole injury reason. They were dropping like flies w/serious ones!

• @Crimsonorblue22 We lost our best player, our difference maker, for the year. That wasn’t the Texans padding the stats; that was the Texans coming together as a group to not give up, even though they were way down. The loss of the captain of the team … there’s very few players that can do what JJ Watt can do, and I think the guys wanted to keep fighting as hard as possible until the final whistle.

• @KUSTEVE I didn’t think of anything as padding stats last night. They genuinely were trying to win the game. Hell, if that catch is in the endzone and not the 1 yard line, there is still a chance for them to win. And, I felt that there should have been at least 2 seconds left on the clock after the last play. Enough time for a recovery and a hail mary…

• Chiefs once again ( Chefs) layn the egg 🍳 at home vs Steelers. Andy should lhave taken the FG with th 12 ticks remaining . Even my dumb ass can see with Pitt ball control KC will run outta time even if it genius ball overcomes idiot 💩 . Remember it’s da Squaws uh um, da Chefs … they still suck & will now be MUCH worse without GM Dorsey. Clark may know Superman but he doesn’t know shit about football 🏈 Change his name to Zack & give him a soccer team he may just st be a winner