A Memorable Frank Herbert Quote about Government

• “All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted.”–Frank Herbert

• I’m all for turning in our arms to the government and trusting them to protect us. Hell it worked out so well for the American Indians and Jews of Germany.

• @kjayhawks Seems like a big difference between targeting one group in order to disenfranchise them, compared to imposing regulations on everybody.

But it doesn’t matter. No one is coming for your guns–or mine. Someone might advocate for it, but ain’t happening. Any more than getting rid of the income tax, or making Mexico pay for a wall, or any other fringe ideas left or right.

• No one is coming for anyone’s guns, but it doesn’t really matter. Look around at the different militias that have tried to oppose the US government over the last two decades. They all have one of two things in common - their leaders are all either in prison or dead.

Why? Simply put, no one can outgun the US government at this point in history. Show up with 100 guys with semiautomatic rifles? The government shows up with 1000 guys with the same guns, plus a tank.

Get a tank? They send in a pair of Blackhawks.

No one is outgunning the government. They’re just not. It’s impossible at this point. The country is too big. The military is too strong.

At this point, opposition is political, not military - at least if you want to live to grow old. That stuff can only happen in the movies. In real life, the bullets are real and the hero doesn’t magically just get missed.

• @justanotherfan Don’t get our prepper friends agitated, now… Those UN helicopters are always hovering just on the edge of their imaginations.

• @mayjay @justanotherfan I was just putting a quote I heard but couldn’t remember who from lol. Guess I could put quotations and unknown.

• @kjayhawks

I thought I recognized that, but I can’t remember the source, either. lol.

I do know a guy that probably has a hundred guns that is prepping specifically for if the government tries to take his home. I tried to tell him the only thing that would result from him having all of those guns was needlessly getting himself and his family killed. You’re better off going to a court of law and fighting it than holing up in your house and sticking an AK-47 out the window. But, some people are convinced that the conspiracy and takeover are coming, and that they will John McClaine their way out of it (or Rambo, or Jason Bourne, or John Wick, depending on your age group and preference).

• @justanotherfan yep them folks crack me up, same with the ones with all guns worried about the zombie apocalypse. They’ve got more free time than me. Lol

• @kjayhawks I’m worried about the Night King, the White Walkers, and the Ice Dragon.

0_1504193346068_game-of-thrones-night-king-ice-dragon-618x400.jpg

0_1504193383872_got-ice-dragon-explained-pic.jpg

And Cersei, of course. That hairstyle is no-nonsense.

0_1504193567631_image.jpg

• @mayjay haha my wife is obsessed with Game of Thrones! I used really like as well it but the last two seasons kinda let me down.

• @kjayhawks @mayjay I literally watched all 7 seasons consecutively with my GF in a 3 week period. It was by far the best way to watch it. Because now that I have to wait a year, I’m already pissed…

• @Kcmatt7 we watched all but season 7 in about a 4 month period lol. I got a 2 year old getting able to watch anything before late at night without being interrupted is rare.

• @Kcmatt7 It will, unfortunately, be longer than a year. This year, it started in July rather than the usual April/May time frame. This is because so much of it has to be filmed in winter. Next season, it will be later because even more of it is in winter. And those dragons and Army of the Dead folks require an amazing amount of lengthy post-shoot CG special effects work.

Also, next season is only 6 episodes, but they are all supposed to be 90 to 120 minutes, or so the rumors have it.

• @kjayhawks GOT is certainly appropriate for your 2 year old, so don’t let it deter you. Cute animals, romance, cuddly monsters, kings and queens and knights, excellent role-models…